How often do you weigh yourself

Options
Hi I am new to this website and would love some advice from other people that have been using this website for awhile on how often they weigh themselves I was thinking once a week but, not sure if thats to often.

Hope to hear from you guys with some good advice :)

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Once a week and never any more than that! I put the scale away so I don't see it every day or I would go insane!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    I think, once a week is, what most would suggest because of waterfluctuation etc. The weight changes every day. I personally weigh myself every day. Just a habit.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Once a week and never any more than that! I put the scale away so I don't see it every day or I would go insane!

I agree. Weigh yourself once a week, on the same day every week, before breakfast every morning.

That's what I do and that's what MFP recommends too.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh-in once a week. So far it's worked well-- this way, I feel I'm not a slave to the scale but it keeps me honest ;)
  • lvrn09
    lvrn09 Posts: 13
    Options
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Once a week -- same day, same time, same clothes(or lack of clothes):wink:
  • kimberly_ann
    Options
    I weight every Friday morning. And I measure once a month.
  • austxdreamin
    Options
    Once a week...I used to jump on daily, but I would beat myself up over the slightest negative change. One thing daily weighing did do was let me know how certain eating patterns affect my weight...But now I prefer once a week.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is totally a personal decision, in my humble opinion. I began my weight loss journey in August 2006 at 197 pounds. I weigh daily (unless I am not at home, because I'd only want to weigh on the same scale). Daily weighing is what keeps ME accountable. For other people, who don't like to see the fluctuations that are normal in weight loss, weekly weighing is best for them.

However often you decide to weigh, do it the same way. For me, that is the same scale, in the same spot, after waking up and using the restroom, and in the nude.

Personal choice :wink:

Kaye
  • cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think it depends I weigh myself everyday but I don't let it discourage me because weight does go up and down a pound or two here and there. I say if it wont discourage you everday is fine I do it to keep myself on track I worry if I don't stay on top of it I might start slacking.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday mornings, undressed, right before I get in the shower. Your weight fluctuates so much day to day that you can't accurately measure your loss/gain if you weigh more than that.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Once a week....I see more of a difference that way....its more motivating to me....though I am tempted to jump on there more often...I make myself keep walking past the scale until my usual day...
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every monday morning!!! =)
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I personally weight myself everyday to keep myself in check. It's not for everyone BUT it works for me. I find that if I only weigh myself once a week I wont stay on track.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    i weigh myself through my wii fit since the balance board is the onyl thing i can weigh myself with...dont own a scale
    so whenever i go on my wii i'll weigh myself...
    usually everyday , or few days , but minimum of once a week. =)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is totally a personal decision, in my humble opinion. I began my weight loss journey in August 2006 at 197 pounds. I weigh daily (unless I am not at home, because I'd only want to weigh on the same scale). Daily weighing is what keeps ME accountable. For other people, who don't like to see the fluctuations that are normal in weight loss, weekly weighing is best for them.

However often you decide to weigh, do it the same way. For me, that is the same scale, in the same spot, after waking up and using the restroom, and in the nude.

Personal choice :wink:

Kaye

Yep.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    once a week...at the most. I try to go as long as 2-3 weeks but that gets difficult for me not knowing.
  • SkinnyMe56
    Options
    Once a week maximum!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    daily--just to keep an idea of what's going on. I expect frequent fluctuations.
  • hippo_hips
    hippo_hips Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do it DAILY at least like 4 times per day. I read in Shape magazine that people that are aware of their current weight, even if it's water, tend to make better eating decisions throughout the day. & I agree.
    I weigh more in the evening than in the morning by about 3 lbs, but it's pretty consistent so I know not to "freak out" when the number goes up.
    I weigh myself even before and after I pee. It's interesting to see the change.