Lots of ricotta and out of ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I make "healthy" eggplant - cooked in the oven, rather than fried. I then take ricotta, add fresh parsley and garlic and put the mixture in the middle of the eggplant, roll it up and put spaghetti sauce on top and bake - YUMMMM
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    With the ingredients you listed I would suggest to slice the zucchini length wise thinly and saute them a little, then chop & cook up the onion and spinach. Mix that with the ricotta and then spred a few tablespoons over the zucchini. Roll the zucchini up into a pinwheel and lay in a baking dish. Cover with sauce and cheese and bake in the oven at 350 until everything is hot and melted and then you have a zucchini roll up! Hope this helps :)
    And if not, mixing the ricotta with cinnamon is delicous :happy:
  • trottola
    trottola Posts: 14
    Options
    You could make gnudi, like gnocchi but without potato - ricotta, well drained, chopped cooked spinach, few breadcrumbs, an egg, salt, pepper, bit of nutmeg, mix together, form into little balls and drop into boiling water; they're ready when they float! Good with a tomato sauce / pesto / just plain with a little olive oil and parmesan
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You could make gnudi, like gnocchi but without potato - ricotta, well drained, chopped cooked spinach, few breadcrumbs, an egg, salt, pepper, bit of nutmeg, mix together, form into little balls and drop into boiling water; they're ready when they float! Good with a tomato sauce / pesto / just plain with a little olive oil and parmesan

Holy smokes this sounds awesome! I am definitely going to have to try this.
    With the ingredients you listed I would suggest to slice the zucchini length wise thinly and saute them a little, then chop & cook up the onion and spinach. Mix that with the ricotta and then spred a few tablespoons over the zucchini. Roll the zucchini up into a pinwheel and lay in a baking dish. Cover with sauce and cheese and bake in the oven at 350 until everything is hot and melted and then you have a zucchini roll up! Hope this helps :)
    And if not, mixing the ricotta with cinnamon is delicous :happy:

I love the idea of zucchini rolls! Sounds pretty easy, too. Thanks!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I ended up making a quick dinner last night because my husband was late coming home, leaving me alone with a 5-month-old that wants my constant attention. It was very tasty, though, so I thought I would share the recipe!

Ingredients:
    One large zucchini
    1/2 cup fat-free ricotta
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    two cloves garlic
    lemon juice
    two tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
    Salt, pepper, fresh basil, and other spices you want (I included smoked paprika and some oregano)
    1/8 cup Panko

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and cut out the inner part with the seeds.
    Chop the innards of the zucchini, garlic, and onion.
    Saute the chopped veggies in a bit of olive oil with the lemon juice and spices until soft and smells yummy. While that is sauteeing, measure the ricotta and half the parmesan into a smallish bowl. When the veggies are done, mix with the cheese.
    Fill each half of the zucchini with the cheese and veggies and top with the other half of the parmesan cheese and the panko.
    Bake for about 15 minutes and then broil for about five. Just that little bit of panko adds some nice crunch.

It was quick and yummy! And, of course, my husband came home just as it was dinner so I only got one half! :laugh:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
    1 can (15 oz ) pumplkin puree
    1.2 cup sugar free maple syrup
    5tbsp sugar substitute
    1tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
    1 ready reduced fat graham cracker pie crust