WTF??????

Amy62575
Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
Ok, this is not Zoosk, Match.com, Plentyoffish.com or ANY other dating site, so why did I just get a message from someone saying, wow your profile pic is hot and blah blah blah??????

I'm on here for fitness. To count calories, eat healthier, log my stuff and provide and receive support to others in doing so.

Are people really trying to kick it to each other on MFP?

I guess I'm dumb.

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    I guess you are.

Plenty of threads have been made on this subject and plenty of people happen to find gfs/bfs on the internet.
    Instead of being offended that youre being hit on, take the compliment and state 'thanks but im just here for the fitness'
  • Amy62575
    I guess you are.

Plenty of threads have been made on this subject and plenty of people happen to find gfs/bfs on the internet.
    Instead of being offended that youre being hit on, take the compliment and state 'thanks but im just here for the fitness'

LOL. Well said. Thanks :bigsmile:
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    so dont pay attention to it...
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I guess you are.

I agree. I would totally date an MFP guy. ;) Internet dating is weird but if you have something as huge as this in common, that's a pretty neat place to start, don't ya think? :)

EDITED TO ADD: I don't think you're dumb! lol I should have taken that bit out. D'oh! :heart:
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    bahaha i get those mostly when my picture is a bikini one or something showing off my body ♥ i usually just ignore them & don't add guys to friends :o) it is flattering, but creepy. often this post is on the status' of the girls i'm friends with on here & it's been mine too, which makes it more entertaining.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Per chance some people are easily confused as to the purpose of this site. Or perhaps they figured, a compliment is a compliment. After all, if someone came up to me while I was shopping for food and told me how they admired the way my stomach was bulging out ever so nicely over my pants I would hardly turn around and tell them to: " Back off, I am just here for the food" :) Life is good.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Yeah. Not agreeing that you are dumb. But, just take it as a compliment. I mean if it was really crude, I guess you could report it. I don't get why people start a topic about being hit in on anyway. You have to expect that in any forum type setting, shouldn't be a surprise.

Hmm.. I haven't been hit on once on this site. Damn, bitter. :p
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Actually, you are an attractive woman, maybe some one thought that and wanted you to know. As long as it was civil and nothing graphic, Id take it as a compliment and thank the person, but like you said, youre not interested..........
    Hey, I got one once and I felt like a million.......nothing wrong with a nice compliment every once in a while........Lloyd
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member

Trust me. It will happen. You're gorgeous!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yeah. Not agreeing that you are dumb. But, just take it as a compliment. I mean if it was really crude, I guess you could report it. I don't get why people start a topic about being hit in on anyway. You have to expect that in any forum type setting, shouldn't be a surprise.

check your in box in 3...2....1.....
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • Amy62575

What's happenin' hott stuff? Do you come here often? LMAO (Now you have)
  • Amy62575
    I LOVE THIS :bigsmile:

check your in box in 3...2....1.....
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    see its fun!

I met my current bf on the internet years ago, so I always get a little uppity when anyone seems anti internet flirting lol

We've been together for almost 3 years, on and off since 2005, and living together for over 2 years
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    What??? Doesn't anyone think I'm hot??? :laugh:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member

I agree. I'd take it as a compliment unless it was truly inappropriate. In that case, I'd report it.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    I think guys will try to pick up anytime anywhere!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    What??? Doesn't anyone think I'm hot??? :laugh:

What a sexy round head you have...
    :indifferent: :ohwell: :laugh:
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Per chance some people are easily confused as to the purpose of this site. Or perhaps they figured, a compliment is a compliment. After all, if someone came up to me while I was shopping for food and told me how they admired the way my stomach was bulging out ever so nicely over my pants I would hardly turn around and tell them to: " Back off, I am just here for the food" :) Life is good.

Bahahaha!! This is an excellent point while making me laugh my ever so jiggly *kitten* off! LOL
  • Amy62575
    I think guys will try to pick up anytime anywhere!
    AGREED
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    LOL, Thank you I needed a laugh!
This discussion has been closed.