Whats the best Jillian Michaels workout DVD?

Options
I am doing the 30 day shred right now and I love it, whats the best DVD's for weight loss and toning?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like no more trouble zones-great toner!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is good for cardio. 6 Week 6 Pack is good for upper body and abs. Right now I am doing her Ripped in 30 which is her newer harder version of The Shred. It is a good workout.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    They are all great! Shred it with Weights is amazing for toning your body and you get a great cardio workout with 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I just started Ripped in 30 and enjoying that as well.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Bump

Has anyone done her newest DVD Extreme Shed & Shred? I'm debating starting with this and wondering what people think of it? Her website says it was just released in Dec 2011
  • miamclearn
    Options
    im now doing the 30 day shred, but what else is good? ever tried the biggest loser ones??
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bump

Has anyone done her newest DVD Extreme Shed & Shred? I'm debating starting with this and wondering what people think of it? Her website says it was just released in Dec 2011
    Extreme shed and shred is awesome and fun! If you've done her other DVDs this one is fun and is mix of new and old moves! I highly recommend it :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I could pick one and call it the best - I have 7 of her DVDs and am looking forward to picking up her new Kickboxing workout on Tuesday! I like that she has a variety and that some are total body workouts, some focus on certain areas (but still manage to work many areas and knock you good with some cardio), and that they vary in time from 20 minutes to nearly an hour. I have my faves that I alternate days on from week to week. :smile:
  • BeFitwithT1
    BeFitwithT1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started with 30DS which I found to be a great kick start. From there, I've been doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 5-6 days a week and No More Trouble Zones the other days. I like that BFBM is pretty intense cardio and NMTZ is fairly intense weight training working both upper and lower body. I haven't gotten sick of either but will more than likely stick with JM dvds when I get tired of these :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am doing Ripped in the 30 right now. It is kicking me feel slow and out of shape even though I worked out a lot prior to starting it. I heard good reviews from No More Trouble Zones and banish fat and boost metabolism.
  • mom2one76
    mom2one76 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a the biggest loser one it's pretty good as well!! I like Bob! Plus the people from there on it. You can go at your own pace as well!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love love love Ripped in 30!
  • saraht23
    saraht23 Posts: 22
    Options
    I think they're all good. 30 Day Shred is a good place to start. I absolutely love Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. It's kick butt at first, but once you get adjusted, it's a fantastic cardio/toning workout. I personally lost the most weight when I started doing BFBM. On 30 DS, I lost more inches than pounds.

I just started her new Body Revolution system and I'm completely in love w/ it - she's got new moves and really pushes you. I'm only 2 days in and while I'm sore :) ...I'm super excited about what's to come.
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    I personally like Bob Harper's workouts. I am surprised that I don't hear about him more on MFP. I have only done the Ripped in 30 which is okay but I have to say that I am almost always sore after doing Bob's (pure burn/strength).
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    NMTZ is my personal favourite. I hate BFBM but I do it anyway, at least 3 times a week.

Found 30DS got too easy after a while....and am about to order 6w6p.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Her 90d. Body Revolution dvd set. I am doing the program and meal plan and seeing weight loss, toning, and inches lost. I'm only in month#1!
  • melpmusic
    melpmusic Posts: 11
    Options
    I am currently doing the Shed and Shred, and have found it to be one of the more challenging DVD's of hers. I have definitely lost inches with this DVD, but probably gained some weight in muscle. i wouldn't go directly to this DVD without having done some of her others first.
  • tweetybirdangel
    tweetybirdangel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    does anyone have a preference between 30 day shred and the shred-it with weights?
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Actually just ordered the Body Revolution DVD's and though I am on Day 8 of 30DS, I'm contemplating adding the Body revolution to my lineup. Am I insane? Maybe, but I am also a Bridesmaid in a wedding on June 17th AND I see my honey on June 13th so it would be nice to surpise him with body that is twenty+ pounds less (I've lost sixteen lbs and 2 sizes since I last saw him... :D)
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I personally like Bob Harper's workouts. I am surprised that I don't hear about him more on MFP. I have only done the Ripped in 30 which is okay but I have to say that I am almost always sore after doing Bob's (pure burn/strength).

I am a HUGE fan of both Jillian and Bob. But I agree and am surpised that I don't hear more about Bob on here.

I have had great results with all of my Jillian Michaels DVDs. However, I do have Bob Harper's Inside Out Method DVDs and they are KILLER. I love them. I rotate and usually do a Jillian DVD in the morning and Bob DVD at night or vice versa. So far with the two of them I have lost a 1/2 inch off of my waist in ONE WEEK.

I have not found a DVD of either on of them that I do not like. I do have most of the Biggest Loser DVDs that they did together, but I do not feel that they are the same high intensity as the ones they did on their own.

I have a major LOVE/HATE relationship with Jilian and Bob.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I have 5 of his DVDs, and love them(not while I'm doing them). I like that even in the strength workouts, he does a good job of getting the heart rate up without a lot of hopping about (which my feet can't handle). I also have Ripped, and it isn't enough. When I'm done with it, I'll do something quick and tough, either a short Bob workout, or something like POP pilates.