Drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day burns...

Options
13»

Replies

• tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    This is def. interesting. I drink two 32 oz water bottles a day and when I first started, i seriously considered moving into the bathroom for awhile because I was in there so much.

As anyone else noticed that the more water they drink, the more they sweat? I used to hardly sweat at the gym and now I'm like dripping every time.

I started working out in March 2011, and started drinking half my body weight in water a day, which is recommended especially if you're active. But yes, since I started drinking water more I have started to sweat a lot. I thought that was just me.

i sweat a LOT more these days. i use to go to the gym and come out just breaking but now my t-shirts change colour as i sweat so much (may have somethig t me doing and extra hour than b4 aswell )
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I actually HAVE peed in a cup while on the road! We had literally just stopped 15 minutes prior and I had gone and then it hit me again. Like I could absolutely NOT hold it! My husband was telling me there was NO way he could or would stop again so I went in a cup! Not my proudest moment, but it worked :laugh:

Or is it the constant trips to the potty. I could see burning 75 extra calories a day just from walking to the bathroom so many times :wink:

Oh, I think it's way more than that! lol Seriously, I have never gone to the bathroom so much, which makes me a complete joy to travel with! :ohwell: My husband is fit to be tied when we no sooner get on the road, and I say, "I have to go...I mean really go!" I think I burn at least a 100 calories running from the van, into the convenience store, pushing old ladies and children out of my way, and flinging myself onto the toilet! :wink: Only to do it all over again in an hour!! It's when you start looking at the empty McDonald's cup, as you are traveling down the road w/an already irritated dh, and start thinking to yourself, "Hmmmm...I wonder if I could pee in that if it were a true emergency!" It's then you really know you have a problem!! :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You really should drink more then just eight glasses of water a day that is the bare min. you should consume!!! I drink a gallon and some days over a gallon

Absolutely not true.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I must burn quite a bit then as just today I had 25 glasses, not even counting the other 3 I'll have through the night haha.
    WOW 25 glasses thats amazing you must live on the loo :tongue:

I drink over 20 a day. Your body gets used to it. The first week was a b*tch though!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    cold showers supposedly burn a lot too because it takes energy to warm your body back up.
    Good point since I was going to add that I read drinking cold water burns more calories than room temperature water for the same reason - your body has to warm it up. Cold anything burns more calories I would say. Hmmm - so now I wonder if hot meals save your body calories. Hmm...
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    going to fill up my water bottle now! hehehehe

When I first read that, without my glasses on, I thought it said water bowl....:laugh:

I've got my biggie plastic cup filled and ready!!! Can we count the trips back and forth to the potty as exercise???
  • ste73
    ste73 Posts: 90
    Options
    It's probably all the running too the bathroom you have to keep doing lol
    . ive noticed my bathroom visits have increased since ive started drinking 8 glasses a day
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Once my body gets used to drinking a gallon or more a day, the bathroom visits aren't as frequent. It's only after slacking off with the water consumption and starting over that I am running to the bathroom often.