High Fructose Corn Syrup

Options
so, i've been trying to eliminate the nasty stuff (HFCS) from my diet because, well... it's just bad for you. I have been going on the "all natural" or organic products lately if I have to eat processed foods. Well, today I ran all out of my all natural peanut butter, so i ate some of my JIF.... now my stomach hurts like you would not even believe! could it be because of consuming HFCS?

any input would be appreciated

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    so, i've been trying to eliminate the nasty stuff (HFCS) from my diet because, well... it's just bad for you. I have been going on the "all natural" or organic products lately if I have to eat processed foods. Well, today I ran all out of my all natural peanut butter, so i ate some of my JIF.... now my stomach hurts like you would not even believe! could it be because of consuming HFCS?

any input would be appreciated
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Ohh - who knew. Probably. Yuck. Hope you feel better soon!!
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    Its a possibility...I hate that crap. Was the PB low sugar? I know that any kind of artificial sweetner (splenda, aspartame, etc.) gives me a horrible stomachache AND migraines :cry: . Its the worst stuff on earth! Hope you feel better though...
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've changed your body into liking the good stuff!
    but yes it probably is... I only believe that cause all weekend I've ate junk here and there(it's my TOM) and today I ate veggies and healthy again and I've ahd the worst tummy pains and other things I won't mention.. lol Hopefully you feel better soon!

Oh I got some Gas X Super Strength and that totally helped!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. If your body was having any problems with it before even if you never noticed and you all of a sudden re-introduce it into your diet. Often times the reaction will be worse. I have this issue with several things.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It is okay to have some High Fructose, I too watch everything I put into my body and sometimes get sick when I eat stuff that is not that great so be careful once your body gets use to good stuff the bad stuff is brutal...

Alisha