Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High Fructose Corn Syrup

chelsey787
chelsey787 Posts: 261
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
so, i've been trying to eliminate the nasty stuff (HFCS) from my diet because, well... it's just bad for you. I have been going on the "all natural" or organic products lately if I have to eat processed foods. Well, today I ran all out of my all natural peanut butter, so i ate some of my JIF.... now my stomach hurts like you would not even believe! could it be because of consuming HFCS?

any input would be appreciated

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    so, i've been trying to eliminate the nasty stuff (HFCS) from my diet because, well... it's just bad for you. I have been going on the "all natural" or organic products lately if I have to eat processed foods. Well, today I ran all out of my all natural peanut butter, so i ate some of my JIF.... now my stomach hurts like you would not even believe! could it be because of consuming HFCS?

any input would be appreciated
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Ohh - who knew. Probably. Yuck. Hope you feel better soon!!
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Its a possibility...I hate that crap. Was the PB low sugar? I know that any kind of artificial sweetner (splenda, aspartame, etc.) gives me a horrible stomachache AND migraines :cry: . Its the worst stuff on earth! Hope you feel better though...
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Congrats! You've changed your body into liking the good stuff!
    but yes it probably is... I only believe that cause all weekend I've ate junk here and there(it's my TOM) and today I ate veggies and healthy again and I've ahd the worst tummy pains and other things I won't mention.. lol Hopefully you feel better soon!

Oh I got some Gas X Super Strength and that totally helped!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Absolutely. If your body was having any problems with it before even if you never noticed and you all of a sudden re-introduce it into your diet. Often times the reaction will be worse. I have this issue with several things.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    It is okay to have some High Fructose, I too watch everything I put into my body and sometimes get sick when I eat stuff that is not that great so be careful once your body gets use to good stuff the bad stuff is brutal...

Alisha
This discussion has been closed.