Anyone know of work from home jobs? Second jobs?

Options
2»

Replies

• JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you decide to do your own business from home:
    Be sure to check out how much "cost" is involved in starting AND maintaining the business... Like do you have to buy ongoing supplies? If so, what is the cost? Then ask how much others make above and beyond their costs. Also, if you go with a multi-level organization, make sure your rep is someone you trust and admire. I made money a few years back from a multi-level marketing group, but I worked it hard, about 25 hours a week... and then I spent a good deal of what I made on flying to training, keeping samples and product in stock, brochures and I found that doing "parties" on the weekends always conflicted with the little family time we had. I ended up deciding to add an hourly job in the evening, just because after I realized what I was spending just running it, I made less per hour than minimum... and that was AFTER a year of bringing in paychecks over $800-900/month. Then I had to do taxes. I also didn't recoup my start up costs... if I were to average out the hours worked at being worth minimum wage. I didn't have "extra" time to fill, working during the day and having two kids. I needed to be paid for each hour I invested. Anyway, research your decision of what to do. I wish you well! :-)

Check out a part-time job at a local fitness center or YMCA or Rex Center... maybe you can get a membership too! :-)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    are these all sales jobs? I want something easy, like stuffing envelopes lol
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I work from home as a licensed family child care provider. I've been doing this for 12 years now. It's a career, not a babysitting service.

However...I think my time to end and move on to something else is just about here. My kids are getting older and I feel like I want my house to be MY HOUSE and not a child care house. Burn-out in this career is 4 years...I think I've put in my time. If you treat it like a career it does make for good income and great tax breaks. However it is not for everyone. It has been good to my family and I have enjoyed the last 12 years -- staying home with my children and loving other children too.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there was new traffic to this thread!

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a Mary Kay, Arbonne, Lia Sophia, Tupperware, etc type of "second job". I am a single mom to a little girl who goes to bed at 7pm each night. I also live an hour from my family so I have no built in babysitters near me (and if I need a second job then it probably means I can't afford a sitter, right? lol). So while I LOVE MK, Arbonne, LS, Tupperware - I just can't make that committment.

Thank you for all of the input so far. I've been making a small amount of money doing ChaCha guiding (they have since closed hiring so I can't recommend it to anyone right now) but I am always looking for a better, bigger money-maker. I need to take home a heck of a lot more than $50-100/month.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    are these all sales jobs? I want something easy, like stuffing envelopes lol

DITTO, hahahaha
    but I am open to all suggestions.
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I used to work from home as a phone psychic
    Fear, I can totally picture you doing that! Are you really psychic? Seriously, I wanna know... I don't mean it in a bad way....
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I sell women's preowned clothing on Ebay. Has really helped me out a lot due to the fact that I lost my job because my boss (who was a close friend too) passed away and the business closed. I'm on unemployment but it's a small amount and job hunting is very difficult at 65 years old.
  • momoftwobabes
    momoftwobabes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there just reading your post and thought you might like to check out my business website at <moderator edited> I just joined this website as I started the 30 day shred today and it hurt like heck:) But stumbled across your post. I have a blog attached to my website as well that shows my family and what we do on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for additional income.

Take care,

Jill
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm going to step in here and request that you stop putting links to sites that can benefit you personally (monetarily) from. That's against the rules.

I'm going to reach back and remove the links to sites, but if I see any more, I'm going to have to remove this topic.

thanks all

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    What about housecleaning jobs? I do it as a side job and make pretty good money. And I'm sure most people wouldn't mind you bringing your child along as long as he/she is well behaved. You can look for the jobs on craig's list, under "domestic" in the job category. You don't have to work for a company, I don't. Plus, you can work as much (or as little) as you want.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Go to odesk.com.

You have to be careful though as there are people for whom you do the work and then don't get paid. Scammers just like any other site. They have a feedback system on there and I only choose to apply for jobs where the employer has good feedback. i haven't had any problem. i write freelance medical articles in my spare time. Love it.
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'd love info on this as well. :happy: