Our pants get LOOSE when we LOSE weight.

Options
1235»

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Help uncle Jack, off the horse.

Help uncle, jack off ...

never mind :/

The first way is still wrong, because you'd want to help Uncle Jack off OF the horse. Unless you needed Uncle Jack to help off the horse, like offing him Sporanos style. :bigsmile:

Rebuttal - hyuk hyuk
    The original it seems was not necessarily incorrect. Check these out:
    http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/ending-prepositions.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences

:laugh:

Although the "Sporanos" which I take it was meant to be "Sopranos" slant added spice :tongue:

:laugh: I didn't even notice my typo!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks grammar/punctuation don't matter should have a look at these:

Dear Jack

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?

Jill

VERSUS

Dear Jack

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart I can be forever happy, will you let me be.

Yours

Jill

Same words - totally different meaning.

omg...:laugh: these keep getting better and better.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'd rather read "I need to loose weight" than "I need 2 loose weight". I hate when people use text speak. U no wut I mean? 4 real. Even worse is "ur" instead of "you're". If someone posts in text-speak, I immedately close out the thread. I don't care what ur saying, I don't have time 2 decipher ur post. How lazy can u b when u don't want to type 3 extra letters?!

? :laugh: