Twenty Pound Somethings Week 4

Options
Good morning! Start to a new week! Haven't weighed yet...**fingers are crossed** hope to see a loss! But I do have the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
1 Lenders Blueberry Bagel with Fat Free Strawberry Cream cheese, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM SnacK:
2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer, Soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
Tuna Salad Sandwich (2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, single serving tuna in water, 2 tbsp reduced fat Hellmans mayo, 1 sl. Kraft American Free cheese), 14 baby carrots, diet coke, AE YoLite yogurt.

Afternoon Snack:
1 med. apple, 32 fat free pretzel thins, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar, green tea.

Dinner:
HomeMade Lemon-Mustard Chicken, fresh snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower warmed in a pan.

Snack:
Chocolate granola bites.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class, 15 minute Abs, Week 2 Day 3 100 PushUp Challenge.

So, that's the plan for now. I will check back in a bit with my new weight. Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS morning!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Start to a new week! Haven't weighed yet...**fingers are crossed** hope to see a loss! But I do have the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 Lenders Blueberry Bagel with Fat Free Strawberry Cream cheese, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM SnacK:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer, Soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    Tuna Salad Sandwich (2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, single serving tuna in water, 2 tbsp reduced fat Hellmans mayo, 1 sl. Kraft American Free cheese), 14 baby carrots, diet coke, AE YoLite yogurt.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 32 fat free pretzel thins, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar, green tea.

Dinner:
    HomeMade Lemon-Mustard Chicken, fresh snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower warmed in a pan.

Snack:
    Chocolate granola bites.

Exercise plan--45 minute Step class, 15 minute Abs, Week 2 Day 3 100 PushUp Challenge.

So, that's the plan for now. I will check back in a bit with my new weight. Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS morning!!!:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    bleh...still at 189, no loss no gain. I haven't really been trying though :( I've been a busy girl! I have to get back on track...in 4 weeks I've only lost like 3 lbs I think, and I know I can do better than that!
    Hope you all had a great week!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone

I'm taking time away from my scale. It was a long weekend here in Canada so I tended to spend a lot of time out and about and didn't keep track of my calories. I also own a cheap scale that is not reading accurately at all! But, I know that I've been staying the same at 155. Today is my first day at my new job so once I get a paycheck in me I'm getting a trainer! Yah!!!! I think that will help get my butt in gear.

Breakfast-Flax seed bread w/ Egg White & slice of mozza cheese w/ light hot chocolate-205 calories (Had to egg lots to get ready for my big day, plus there won't be any time for snacks!! aaaahhhh!!!

Lunch-Spinach Salad w/ strawberries, croutons, and raspberry vinegrette

dinner-tbd

Anyways, I think starting work will be great because it won't allow me to snack soooo much! I snack healthy, but I snack often, too often....so it will be good! My first real "big-girl" job since graduation in May!!!

Good luck today!!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey all!!! Week 4 woohooo!!!

Week 4 starting weight: 226 :smile:

wk 1- 238.8 / wk 2- 233 / wk 3- 229 / wk 4- 226

Down 3lbs this week..yay! Thats a total of 12.8lbs so far for this challenge!

Im still not feeling well, think today is actually worse! Severe sore throat and coughing and feel real lethargic.. but I am going to continue with my exercise as usual!!

Breakfast: fiber one cereal and skim milk & half a protein bar
    Lunch- egg whites with tomatoe slices
    Dinner- small salad with spritzer dressing- (ceasar i think)
    Snack- strawberries, fiber one water mix (and protein water mix maybe)

Exercise... 30-40 min walking at park
    30 min on treadmill
    15-30 min on exercise bike

Well Ill be checking in later on this evening maybe or tomorrow morning!! I hope everyone has a great update for me to check out :)
    Everyone is doing so good, Im so proud of all of us!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Katy

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    with my out of control eating this past few days i gained.:grumble: so i begin again. i just finished an hour workout on the wii. now to stop eating. at least the tacos are gone. that was my problem. it seemed after M-I-L took us out to ihop sunday morning, i hadn't been able to stop eating. and she is taking us out again on sunday because it's dh's b-day. wow, :mad: she didn't do anything for mine, didn't even wish me one. that's a long story. I WILL BE IN CONTROL. maybe she caused the over eating could be:huh: . i do have tension and stress when around her. never thought of that. something to think about.
    check back later
    chipper
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...so NO loss! Argh! In fact, I'm up .5 pounds! WTH!!!!! VERY frustrating! Here's the stats:

Week 1--171.5 pounds
    Week 2--170.0 pounds
    Week 3--169.0 pounds
    Week 4--169.5 pounds :explode:
    Goal (by the end of week 13)--151.5 pounds**

**We should have a final weigh in on the last Tuesday (so would be start of week 14)?? What do you think?

Total lost--3 pounds
    Total remaining--17 pounds

Can I do it? I sure as heck hope so! I KNOW I am gaining muscle...I can see it in my legs and arms! But it is still SO annoying to see the scale move UP! :explode: :explode: :explode: I'm hoping that as I continue to gain muscle, but shed the fat, the scale will go back down. I'm also considering taking measurements...I've done it before. It just seems to never be quite as accurate. But that may be something I start doing. So...that's where I am!

Chipper and laurenK...we can do this!:flowerforyou: We will get past this tough time! The scale WILL go down!!!:flowerforyou:

KatyK...AWESOME job!!!!!!!:drinker: You are doing FABULOUS!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!:drinker:

ArtSchoolGirl...sounds like you know what you are doing! Good job!! And although you didn't lose also, you will! Just keep at it!!!!:flowerforyou:

WE STILL HAVE 10 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, I get to join in on the boat of unhappy gainers this week :sad: A few days ago I was weighing in at 193.4lbs but that has gone back up and held for a couple of days. My only "hope" is that it may be about my TOM but I don't fully know because I've only just returned to that after my son's birth (18 months ago - YEAH! lol) and so since I've had only 1 and it was the 3rd week of June, there's no regularity yet but I've been kinda moody. I've also been doing some more muscle work than normal the last week and a bit. But I haven't had to deal with seeing the scale go UP yet so this is a really really tough day :frown:

Here are my stats:

week 1: 201lbs
    week 2: 197.6 lbs
    week 3: 195.0lbs
    week 4: 194.8lbs

goal weight: 181 lbs
    lbs to go: 13.8

I'm also a couple of days away from hitting my 2-month mark on MFP and on this weight loss journey and I know that can be textbook plateau time so I'll have to consider that. I'm thinking that for this week I'm going to try just doing light cardio and weights and no big sweats to see how that goes. I'm also going to go take another peek at the 'expectations' post by banks.

Not sure about today's menu. I'll report that later!

Chins up to those of us who have not seen what we wanted this morning... Another week, another chance :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    hey everyone

im at 141lb again so that 2 down 18 to go

katy-wow you are doing great girl!!!

im convinced summer is a hard time to lose weight because my schedule for eating is crazy and sometime hard to keep up. does anyone else have thiss problem???

usual menu today
    tlc bar, fiber one bar, lean cuisine pizza, bananna, coffee, water, and dinner????

have a great day
  • PedalHound
    Options
    today:

breakfast: oatmeal & peanut butter

snack 1: whole wheat tortilla w/ basil hummus, spinach, yellow pepper & tomato. 1 fig.

snack 2: protein shake, apple, carrot sticks w/ low cal dressing, ww chocolate snack cake

supper: whole wheat tortilla w/ hummus, spinach, red pepper, tomato. 1/4 filet of salmon

additional snacks: 4c air-popped popcorn, 1 slice ezekiel bread w/ peanut butter, kashi granola bar

I did a 25 minute light weights session this morning then a good power walk. My body is a bit tired these days - I think I'll be taking a week or so off of work outs at the end of August. I've been training really hard and I want to give my body a chance to fully recover and rebuild :happy:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morn' all...
    i just finished a 45 m in workout with the biggest loser on exercise on demand. what a work out i had done the 20 min 2xs. i burned 600 calories.
    scale went down again. i knew if i didn't keep on eating it would go right back down.
    hope everyone has a great day. off to shower and than to the doctor for a check up.
    ttyl, chipper
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    Ok... I got on the scale this morning and to my surprise I lost a pound. I went to the doctor to get the results back from my blood work and everything looks GREAT. I am still border line on my insulin so with my continued diet and exercise I am hoping that number will go down in three months.

I started at 220 and I am down to 215!!!! Average about a pound a week. I know I can drop more if I just exercise. I haven't been consistant and I should know better considering I have been a swim coach and athlete for as long as I can remember... It's always harder to take your own advice sometimes.

When I first found this sight back in May I took measurements in June and they were the same when I really started to focus about four weeks ago... I am down two inches on my waist and my hips!!!!!:drinker:

I have had my morning coffee and I am about to go eat a cup of cereal.

Snack: Fiber bar

Lunch: Turkey sandwhich and some carrots

snack: not sure

Dinner: grilled peppers and some kind of protein ... haven't decided yet. I am waiting to see when my hubby gets home.

I wish everyone the Best.... Remember to stay strong no matter what. Always think before you do and ask yourself "Am I going to like how I feel when I am done?" Always smile, always laugh, and always dream. Dreams can and do come true. Remember to set small ones that will help you reach the BIG one. WE CAN DO THIS.

Helpful hint in exercise... Some of us are cruched for time so if you are doing strength training put in min brusts of areobic like jump rope or jumping jacks in between your different exercises... even abdominal!!!!

Tina:smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Sounds like things are going well for you Tina, and that you know exactly what you need to do to acheive the success you are seeking! Nice work!:drinker:

Chipper, Nice start to the day!!!:drinker:

Last night was okay for me. Did my 45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab workout. Then did Week 2 Day 3 of 100 PushUp challenge. But, layed on the couch and ended up eating over my calories for the day! Argh!:explode: I thought I had some extra, but I was wrong! Oh well...was like 100 cal. over. :grumble:

Today is kind of up in the air food wise. We are potlucking for my sister's going away party at work and so not sure what I'll be eating. I brough fresh veggies and some egg salad and crackers so I will fill up on that. But, here's the plan so far:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 c. sliced strawberries, 10 red raspberries, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer, soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    As above mentioned...not sure exactly...I'll report later.

Afternoon snack:
    1 med. apple, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    ????? Depends on what I eat for lunch, how many calories I burn running, and what I have left for the day.

PM snack:
    ????? Same as for dinner.

Exercise plan--1/2 hour running, 1 hour BodyPump.

So, I think today will be fine. I just need to be careful for lunch. I am even more scared for Friday though because our boss is taking us to Macaroni Grill for her farewell. So...italian food and LOTS of calories! I will have to do some serious running at the gym that evening! And then I have to go home a clean the house and finish yard work for her surprise BBQ at my house on Saturday! :noway: So much to do!!!!!

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS Wednesday and I'll post this afternoon with my lunch!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone, sounds like everyone so far is having a good day

breakfast; tlc bar, bananna and coffee

lunch chinese veggies and white rice

dinner; dont know family dinner night not my turn to cook

snack fiber one bar

no exercise today (no time on wednesdays)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! lost a pound :)
    so week 1 was 192, now I'm at 188! I'm very excited about this...can ya tell? :) Have a great day everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Woohoo! lost a pound :)
    so week 1 was 192, now I'm at 188! I'm very excited about this...can ya tell? :) Have a great day everyone!

Ummm...YAY!!!! Good for you!!!!:drinker:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

YESSS!!! Alright. So my rant yesterday about the weight going down then back up... well, I was wondering if it could be water which is always determinable for me within 1-2 days because I can keep my sodium in check and get rid of the water. I felt like I was losing last week and seeing the number jump up for 2 days was awful. So the last 2 days I've been really careful about sodium and today finally woke up NOT feeling bloated and weighed in again. So I'm changing my week's entry:

week 1: 201lbs
    week 2: 197.6 lbs
    week 3: 195.0lbs
    week 4: 191.8lbs ... 3.2lbs gone during week 3 :drinker: :drinker:

goal weight: 181 lbs
    lbs to go: 10.8 I can TOTALLY do 11 more lbs!

But my cals are now down to 1250 and I'm going to keep on with my decision from the last couple of weeks and add 50 to 100 to that. Otherwise I'm famished, even on great quality foods.

That sure picked ME up for the day. I hope everyone has a great day!

Kristin, I'd be worried about going to Macaroni Grill too!! Chocolate cake is my favourite sweet thing and their chocolate cake is one of the best out there. I also love their eggplant parmigiana. Yikes.

No clue on foods today yet. I'll get back to you guys on that!
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    oh my GOSH - looking at my ticker I just realized that I'm only 11 lbs away from my HALF WAY POINT!!! That will be very exciting!!
  • dthughes
    Options
    oh my GOSH - looking at my ticker I just realized that I'm only 11 lbs away from my HALF WAY POINT!!! That will be very exciting!!

That is SO EXCITING!!! Keep it up.
  • dthughes
    Options
    Ok... So I heard back from my doctor and eveything is starting to make more sense. I have been diagnosed with PCOS which has a huge effect on my insulin... which is I think keeping me from losing the weight. She is going to put me on medicine to control it. I hate taking pills but I know I have to do what I have to do.

Kristin... Just FYI. When I got married three years ago I went on the South Beach Diet. Well, I was invited to a shower at Johnny Carinos and was only given two food choices. I decided to pick the dish that had the most veggi, chicken mix and told them to hold the pasta. It actual tasted really well. You might tell them to go ahead and have them split the meal and put it in a to go box before they even bring it to the table. Just an Idea. Have fun.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    dthughes...GREAT idea! Thank you!

Pedalhound...AWESOME!!!! Half way!!!!!!!!!

So...my lunch wasn't too bad. egg salad, whole wheat crackers, lots of veggies, I tried this asian dumpling thing...we figured about 150 calories...and then...oh gosh...I had a brownie bite! Argh!:explode: But SO yummy! It was small...like half a mini cupcake size, but with some chocolate frosting on the top! Probably like 250-300 calories for that one little thing! Oh well...gonna run hard at the gym tonight! And supper will be lite...don't know what yet...but lite!

Have a great rest of the day friends! :flowerforyou: