Twenty Pound Somethings Week 4

Options

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kristin, isn't it terrible when some little thing is so packed with calories?? I'm glad it was tasty!! I'll be so stoked to hit the half way point. Hopefully in another month or so :blushing:

dthughes, great to have a diagnosis to work with!! Makes a BIG difference :flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Okay so today was an off day for exercise..so hopefully Ill be feeling better tomorrow! Im going to put my munchkin to bed early then I will be following in my bed!!

Kristin- thanks for the reply on my other post today :) I was just tryin to get some healthy ideas that could soothe as well..I ended up picking up some of the protein shakes and some healthy request low sodium ckn noodle soup..

Soo here's today:

Bfast- atkins advantage protein shake strawberry
    Lunch- fiber one cereal and skim milk (gotta get my fiber in)
    Dinner- ckn noodle soup & All bran fiber water mix.

No exercise, decided to take the day off and try and rest to get better. I only ate a total of maybe 400 cals so Im not too worried about the exercise part...

Tomorrow, depending on how I feel will be about the same menu as today maybe.
    Exercise will be treadmill 30-60 min and exercise bike 15-30 min and maybe a walk in the park.

:drinker: Congrats on being so close to half way PedalHound!! Before you know it you will be at your final goal :) Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you!!

dthughes- Atleast now that you know what the problem is and a way to help with it!! Now you can work hard and hopefully be happy with results you get :smile:

chipper- glad u were able to work everything out and get back on track :drinker:

rogers- Good job on ur 2lbs gone this week :) and I actually find it easier to diet in the summer .. fall and spring Im in classes all day and its hard to get healthy meals in and find exercise time!!

Ive fixed that prob this coming semester atleast though..taking an aerobics class and made it where I have a break for lunch and also time to go do weights and some cardio at the schools gym!!!
    So yay!

Anyway I hope everybody has a great day tomorrow!!! We are doing great :smooched:

:heart: Katy
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'm kinda scared to post this. SO...I got some rather disturbing news this afternoon from my sister (which I will not share) but I went to the gym, ran REALLY hard, then did my BodyPump class and bumped up all my weights! Then...came home and...gulp...had a Thin Mint Dairy Queen Blizzard for dinner! A MEDIUM!!!!!:explode: It was SO good...but OMG...I feel HORRIBLE! But that is all I had and only went over my calories for a bit. And I feel much better (emotionally) now! So...tomorrow's a new day.

Had to share.
    Good night friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Okay...I'm kinda scared to post this. SO...I got some rather disturbing news this afternoon from my sister (which I will not share) but I went to the gym, ran REALLY hard, then did my BodyPump class and bumped up all my weights! Then...came home and...gulp...had a Thin Mint Dairy Queen Blizzard for dinner! A MEDIUM!!!!!:explode: It was SO good...but OMG...I feel HORRIBLE! But that is all I had and only went over my calories for a bit. And I feel much better (emotionally) now! So...tomorrow's a new day.

Had to share.
    Good night friends!!!:flowerforyou:

Gosh K, sorry to hear about whatever news but you'll move on tomorrow and make up for the blizzard this week. Just keep reminding yourself 'lifestyle change'. That means these things happen and it's ALL about the big picture. You can do it :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Kistin, "you'll move on tomorrow and make up for the blizzard this week. Just keep reminding yourself 'lifestyle change'. That means these things happen and it's ALL about the big picture. You can do it" I fully agree with pedalhound on this. things happen. i am one who is real good at telling people about changing their life for a healthier one, but, have trouble doing it myself. at least you stopped at that and not went on eating/drinking more. hope today goes better for you...

as for me good start to my day, getting ready to exercise. dh worked all night and still isn't home. he had a meeting at 7 this morning. will he was there at 2am for a treatment. he is commercial pest control, so he works nights while bussinesses are closed. he will be tired today and sleeping all day. bless his heart.

well, time to get butt, up and workout.

ttyl, chipper
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    morning ladies!!!

its thursday 1 day closer to friday hehe. i only went over my cals by 90 yesterday which is really good for family night dinners because i never know what we are having unless its my turn to cook.

so today the usual breakfast tlc bar and coffee

lunch the other half of the cchinese from yesterday

snack fiber one

dinner cheese raviolis and cheese cake (small piece) its my sons 6th birthday he gets to pick what we have. so i wont have any bread just salad a few raviolis

lots of water and diet green tea its gonna be 108 with the heat index today!!!!

have a great day
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Gooooood morning group! I'm pleased to see that my weight held this morning (in fact, it was technically down 0.2) so that's good :bigsmile:

Kristin, how are you feeling this morning?

I hope everyone has a good day!! My meals are :

breakfast: oatmeal w/ chocolate protein powder

snack 1: whole wheat wrap w/ light tuna and vegan mayo (SUPER low on cals and sodium), spinach and tomato

snack 2: carrots & hummus, 1/2 c blueberries, protein drink

supper: Light ensalada rusa (sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, peas, red pepper, grilled chicken & onions mixed in a dressing of light sour cream, fat free yogurt, dijon mustard & lemon juice and zest), with a side of beets.

other snacks (based on exercise): 4 cups air popped popcorn, gala apple w/ 2 tbsp peanut butter, healthy choice chocolate fudge pudding with sliced banana.

Off to play group with my sweeties! Later skaters.
  • katyk08
    Options
    Hey all!!

Feeling a bit better today.

Bfast: 10 strawberries and a protein shake
    lunch: ckn soup or small salad
    dinner: whatever I didnt have for lunch- ckn soup or small salad
    snacks: strawberries or a banana, baby carrots, all bran fiber water

Exercise..not sure if I will do any today. I am feeling better, but dont want to push it just in case!! May just do light walking on treadmill for 30-45 min and some light work on the exercise bike for a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!!! :)
  • PedalHound
    Options
    :sick: So. Not repeating today's breakfast EVER again... :frown: I feel ill.. I loooove my chocolate protein powder because I can just mix it with water and have a nice chocolaty drink without the extra cals of milk or banana etc. But mixing it into my oatmeal it was like just eating icing with a spoon or something. My belly is like WTH right now and I feel totally wretched! Just goes to show - two delicious things combined are not necessarily one super-delicious thing!!! lol:laugh:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    S-L-O-W around here!! I hope everyone does well tomorrow and over the weekend!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    katy--glad you are feeling better..
    kistin--where are you?? hope things are good w/sister?

hot again here today. have my last pyical therapy appt this morning on my ankle. glad too, it hasn't been doing any good, just makes it hurt more.
    scale going down. i am planning my eating for sunday when M-I-L takes us out for dh's b-day. we are going bowling and lunch. that's her nomal mo when she takes him out. as norm she doesn't remember mine or our kids and grandkids. only his. we are all use to it now. i just go because of dh. if it were my choice i wouldn't go at all. oh, well.
    i need to finish getting ready an early 8 am appt. for pt. fight morning traffic.
    check back later.
    morning all when you wake up!!!
    chipper
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Okay...so NO loss! Argh! In fact, I'm up .5 pounds! WTH!!!!! VERY frustrating! Here's the stats:

Week 1--171.5 pounds
    Week 2--170.0 pounds
    Week 3--169.0 pounds
    Week 4--169.5 pounds :explode:
    Goal (by the end of week 13)--151.5 pounds**
    WE STILL HAVE 10 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie!!! How are you doing inches wise? Keep up the motivation!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning friends! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I ended up being sick. I didn't get out of bed pretty much all day until the evening. I think I was just mentally and physically tired. Tried to get a little exercise in in the evening...didn't work out too well, so I did end up going over calories yesterday too. MAN! I need to get back on track. AND this morning I already scarfed down some chocolate and when I looked at the nutrition, it was like 300 calories! :explode: YIKES! Plus...today is the day we go to Macaroni Grill! SO...gotta be careful the rest of the day. I was planning on doing a casserole type thing for dinner (I have ground beef thawing), but I may do something like tacos instead which is fewer calories. I won't worry about that until later...depends on how the rest of the day goes. So...here's the meal plan:

Breakfast:
    1 AE YoLite Yogurt, 20 red raspberries, 3/4 c. Whole Grain Total cereal, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel creamer, and some Chocolate:explode:
    Lunch:
    TBA...Macaroni Grill...:noway:

PM Snack:
    Depends on how full from lunch but I brought a medium apple and a Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    Again TBA...depends on calories remaining.

PM Snack:
    Probably nothing...maybe some grapes or something low calorie.

Exercise plan--I'm gonna head to the gym after work and do an hour on the eliptical. And then I have to head home to do some weeding and yard cleaning, and then start on house cleaning...I'm throwing my sister a surprise going away party tomorrow...so lots to do!

Good luck everyone! Let's keep up the good work (or I need to start some good work:wink: )!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Kristin, sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday :flowerforyou: And don't worry too much about today's chocolate moment. You can make it up.

Chipper, I hear ya with the MIL issues. Mine is similar. Have... fun? :laugh:

Well, today we're having a little tiny surprise get-together to celebrate a great new job my husband just got. It's going to be healthy other than the cupcakes. Usually I make this fabulous vegan cake but it's higher in calories so I want to experiment and see if the diet coke cake can be made with club soda and vanilla extract instead. I'm SO not interested in the kind of stuff that's in pop in general, let alone diet!! But I love the lack of calories. The cake mix alone is a bit of a stretch for me. Anyway, we'll see how that goes. Because I'm hoping to get all the calories from some yummy cream cheese icing! lol

The plan is:

breakfast: oatmeal w/ honey, flaxmeal & blueberries plus 1/2 protein drink

snack 1: leftovers: light ensalada rusa from clean eating mag recipe (last night's supper)

snack 2: protein shake, 2 carrots w/ dressing

supper: I'm doing BBQ and making grilled chicken and grilled bison steak so we'll see which I choose. The bison is lower in fat but I'm not a red meat kind of gal so it may not appeal to me. Also grilled peppers and spinach salad and 1 or 2 chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting depending on my leftover cals for the day!!

other possible snacks: 4c air popped popcorn and 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/ 1 tbsp natural peanut butter.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • katyk08
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Today Im feeling even better yay! Another 2 days or so and Ill be back to normal!!

Bfast today:
    Protein bar

Lunch:
    Protein shake and baby carrots

Dinner: no idea yet

Snack:
    Strawberries, all bran fiber mix, maybe 1/2 banana

I already did my exercise today..
    30 min jog and 30 min walking...50 min on exercise bike

YAY!
    So I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

:heart: Katy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...Macaroni Grill was not too bad. I had a lunch combo of cup of italian wedding soup and a 1/2 garden salad with dressing on the side and only dipped my fork. SO...not too shabby...but I did have 1 rice crispy square that our boss brought for my sisters last day. SO...that was some added calories, but I have eaten almost all my calories for the day so I just have to burn some calories at the gym after work and that will be my dinner/evening calories! SO...I should be fine!!! YAY! Little relief!

Everyone else have a good rest of the day. And since I'm throwing that surprise party tomorrow, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to get on the computer again until Sunday...but I will try tomorrow. So, if I don't get to talk to you, have a FABULOUS Saturday too!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    oh no... not STRESS eating.... NOT STRESS EATING!!! :sad: :sad:

So, it maybe wasn't full-on stress eating. I don't know. It's a combination maybe. I was baking for the party tonight and between having a couple of cupcakes (WITH icing :sad: ) AND totally blowing my lunch plans today by grabbing some pakoras when we were out rather than waiting until way later till we got home I'm 800 calories over for the day right now!! :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :sad: :mad: :angry: :grumble: :sad: I'm wondering whether I can get some tae bo in before supper so I can burn half of that off or something... LORD this sucks. I'm SO MAD at myself for making two dumb DUMB choices today. I know it won't ruin my goal but still. I feel a sick salty sugar high and I HATE how that feels in my body. AWFUL. I've been too relaxed the last 2 weeks and have had a couple of moments I'm not too pleased with. Glad I'm still losing but I am disgusted at the feeling of the foods in my body that aren't clean. I love how I feel when I'm eating like I usually do. Whatever. I'll have to give myself a stern talking to and get back in the saddle BIG TIME. Really I'm still doing well over-all. Most days my food is great and I feel great about it but right now... YUCK. :frown: :sick:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Looking forward to tomorrow (although I have an unpleasant dental appointment so... not really! :laugh: )

I've decided that I'm going to add to my goals on a daily basis and do 10 push-ups each morning and night and 25 (extra) crunches. I find ab work really easy (BOY I can't wait to uncover these amazing abs of mine!) but it's a good little push anyway. I wasn't able to do even "girly" push-ups 2 months ago but I'm doing well now. I want to be able to do at least 50 consecutive full push-ups within the year.

tomorrow's menu:

1: .5 cup blueberries & 1 protein shake

2: whole wheat tortilla w/ 1/3 grilled chicken breast, salsa, spinach, yellow pepper, cherry tomatos

3: oatmeal, 2 med carrots, 1 hard boiled egg white

4: brown rice fusilli w/ peppers, broccoli, tomato sauce & extra lean ground bison.

5: olive oil popped popcorn ( needed some more fibre & fats!)

10 push-ups in a.m. & p.m., 25 crunches a.m. & p.m., 20 mins turbo jam in the morning, weight training in evening.

Happy Saturday to all!

Katy, I meant to say - I'm SO glad you're feeling so much better! That's great :drinker:

I've been slacking a little the last 2 weeks and I need to get back on the ball. I must clearly still be weary of the "give them an inch, they'll take a mile" practice with "cheats". I'm also going to reward myself if I have a really good week by paying the drop-in fee for the gym and treating myself to some machines and maybe a class or a swim or something. I love feeling motivated :happy: And if I feel my morale slipping, I'll just turn on the Olympics for a bit. If THAT doesn't do it... :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good Morning friends! I'm sneaking in a few minutes this morning before getting to cleaning and getting ready for today. I should be ay my spinning class right now!:explode: But I opted to stay home and start on things and trying to go for a run in a while. MAN...I feel SO guilty for not going! Well...today shouldn't be too terrible. I bought some fresh fruit and veggies for tonight (which I can so easily munch on) and we are having burgers and hotdogs. Hosting the thing makes it easier because I know what I'll have. There will be a cake (it's a going away cake for my sister) which I ordered and I got some ice cream...no guarantees that I can pass those up...but I can promise I won't over-do it. And for the remainder of the day, I will do well. Here's the some-what meal plan:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice, 1 multivitamin, 10 red raspberries.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer, soft baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    ???? Don't know yet...either some cottage cheese and crackers with a yogurt or a turkey and cheese sandwich...and of course some baby carrots.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes.

Dinner:
    4 oz. ground beef with 1 slice Free American cheese, lots of fresh veggies and fresh fruit.

PM Snack:
    1 piece cake and 1/2 c. ice cream.

So, that's kind of what I'm thinking. May or may not have a bun with dinner. Some people are bringing some sides as well. So...we will see.

Gonna try and go for a 2 mile run later this morning. And I will be cleaning the whole house which I know burns some calories. The plan is to also go for a run tomorrow morning. Then we are heading to the Iowa State Fair for the afternoon. We will be eating dinner out there...kind of scares me...especially since greasy food now does quite a number on my stomach. So...I'm scared that I may see a gain over the weekend. But, fingers are staying crossed and I will just try and make good choices!

Everyone have a FABULOUS Saturday! And I'll check back tomorrow!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning...
    pedalhound good luck at the dentist (heehee). i associate dentist with pain are you expecting pain from you sit ups tomorrow?? i know when i did biggest loser with bob on fitness on demand my butt hurt the next day. have a great weekend..
    kinstinbee...
    have fun at the party. don't worry about spinning class, you will burn calories with cleaning.. little bites of cake...
    me... dh had to work today(normally he doesn't) so got the house cleaned and at 8 was out finishing the back lawn. i wore my ipod and HRM singing along, burned 673 mowing in 45 mins. i'll take it. came in and showered. now i am ready for the day. too bad i didn't have any money i would go shopping...
    well, off to read a book and just be by myself. dh works nights so he is always around.
    ttyl, chipper