How many calories does defacation lose?

Options
Weird question? If you gain calories when you consume food, then you must certainly lose calories when you evacuate it as waste. Is there a significant calorie loss for pooping?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    That would depend on how full of it you are! :ohwell: You could always weigh yourself before and after if you are that curious.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    THISGONBGUD.gif
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    But seriously. Your body will have absorbed all the nutrients out of the stool. So you aren't losing cals.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,431 Member
    Options
    THISGONBGUD.gif

LOve this!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    You won't lose calories, as mentioned, but you will lose "mass". Your weight can go down up to a few lbs after a BM.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    That would depend on how full of it you are! :ohwell: You could always weigh yourself before and after if you are that curious.

Ohhhhhh I have LMAO!! I lost 1.4lbs....damn I was backed up:noway: ewwwwwwwwwwww ok I'm done :tongue:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    THISGONBGUD.gif

Oh...and I'm stealing this!! thxs :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

Ohhhhhh I have LMAO!! I lost 1.4lbs....damn I was backed up:noway: ewwwwwwwwwwww ok I'm done :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    actually when you crap you are crapping the food after it has been stripped of the calories your body absorbs. the calories listed on the nutrition label is (I believe) the amount of calories that will be stripped from the food you eat.

so in reality, you don't crap out calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I find that my weight doens't change much - but my body fat % drops noticeably! So I know what mine's made of ;-)
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    can i just say...EEEEEWWWWWWW :laugh:
  • astromachine
    astromachine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lololol. I love this gif!

PS- Aren't all the calories sucked out and all that's left can't be digested? That is what the human gut is supposed to do...
  • mcne0663
    mcne0663 Posts: 1
    Options
    Did you poo onto a scale?
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    This is all very disgusting... lol.
    Im sure if you could poop out calories people would abuse it lol.
    They'd start taxing laxitives...
    lol
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes it takes a lot of work to poo, haha. I would think you're burning some calories at least, haha.
  • traker86
    traker86 Posts: 1
    Options
    You may not loose calories but you can definitely loose some weight. I was not feeling well yesterday. Not eating much combined with 6 or 8 BMs I lost almost 3 lbs.
  • rlstogin
    rlstogin Posts: 6
    Options
    DID you poo on a scale???????
    NOW thats the best answer I've seen all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    lol i've never thought of this before.. strange thought indeed!
    what i want to know is why they dont have intercourse listed as cardio!:laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    THISGONBGUD.gif

LOVE THIS! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just read this ****.