How many calories does defacation lose?

2»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I burned 28 calories in 22 minutes from droppin' a deuce. Though, I did get my HR up to 80 [from resting HR of 55] for 2 seconds due to a straining moment. I'd say it's negligible to think about.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    haha Jasper'sMommy!

I was just discussing this the other day with a friend. His contention was that feces can be used as a fuel source, it will burn, therefore, there is energy in it. I had to concede that point. Therefore, Our conclusion was that the calorie counts on foods are approximate anyway, and they likely represent what humans can get out of that food before the waste is removed.
  • I have no words except..

LMAO!
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    My hubby is a nurse. He once had a female patient (young and thin) who was admitted cuz she hadn't pooped in over a month. He had to manually assist and what ended up coming out was 7+ pounds worth. There was no water left in the toilet after; she had displaced it all! They had to scoop it out into containers (you know the water pitchers they put in your room); it took 3!! He loves telling that story!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    lol i've never thought of this before.. strange thought indeed!
    what i want to know is why they dont have intercourse listed as cardio!:laugh:

They have it listed in I think this months self magazine or shape idk I get them all. Lol
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Question for OP... what is in your mouth, dude?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I can't believe I just read this ****.

Hahahaha I had the same feeling
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    I can't believe I just read this ****.

Hahahaha I had the same feeling

And you replying showed up on my feed and now I just read it..haha.

I wonder how much is actually lost when your body doesn't have a chance to absorb the nutrients?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Your picture makes me think of Mama Ody on Princess and the frog. She always says "Dis gon b gud."
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    My hubby is a nurse. He once had a female patient (young and thin) who was admitted cuz she hadn't pooped in over a month. He had to manually assist and what ended up coming out was 7+ pounds worth. There was no water left in the toilet after; she had displaced it all! They had to scoop it out into containers (you know the water pitchers they put in your room); it took 3!! He loves telling that story!

I will never drink water in a hospital again.

By the way, I think this little gem is appropriate for this thread. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4WbjV1Jmo
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Ok. Let me get out my bomb calorimeter and set some poo on fire and I'll get back to you on that. X-D
  • Ah, Crap!
  • rlstogin
    rlstogin Posts: 6
    My husband asked the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.