Favorite snack bars/protein bars

Options
ofccat
ofccat Posts: 284 Member
I love Luna bars and can't stand the taste of some of the others. However, I have noticed Luna bars tend to have a lot of sugar. So that being said what is your favorite snack bar and protein bar?

Replies

• amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    my favorites are Pria bars--theyre made by power bar but are much smaller/less dense and only 110 calories. the problem is i can barely find them anywhere now!

I also just bought a box of the mini cliff bars and they are pretty good too! the box i got has a mix of oatmeal raisin, blueberry, and choclate peanut butter flavor. only 100 calories each
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    My new favorite is the Fiber Plus Caramel Coconut Fudge bars! Insanely yummy :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I like Lara Bars...they are mostly 3-5 ingredients with the main ingredient being dates. No added sugar, no preservatives and nothing artificial. Any "sugars" are natural sugars. I personally think all protein bars/snack bars taste like Cr@p, and Im not saying these are fantastic, but they are SUPER healthy!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the Zone Perfect bars. They are my favorite!
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the 90 calorie special k pretzel bars!!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Special K protein bars but still high in sugar. Larabars are great for the natural ingredients - all natural sugars from fruit! I want to make my own.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I want to try Lara Bars because they are natural. But, I do buy Pure Protein bars; high protein, low sugar and they taste good IMO.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I switched to Pure Protein bars after an email from Jillian Michaels.
  • lots_to_lose
    Options
    I second the Fiber Plus coconut caramel bars. They taste like Girl Scout Samoa cookies! I mostly eat Powerbar Harvest or Zone Perfect bars (particularly LOVE the mint chocolate one). Did not like Clif bars.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    South Beach Diet, peanut butter high protein bars are delicious.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My current favorites are the energy bars by Honey Stinger. They're 180 calories for 3 to 5g of fat, 10g of protein, and 28g of carbs. The company also makes protein bars with about the same calories, but a different ratio of about 8 to 10g of fat, 10g of protein, and less than 20g of carbs. To me these have about the best texture and not such a strong vitamin taste as some brands of bars.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    larabars, apple & nut, great taste, very lil processed junk, gluten free.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Balance Bars.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I love the small size Pure Protein bars. They are very filling and I think that they taste good.
    Since I do not take any added sugars from anywhere else (I do not count fruits'), I don't mind the Pure Protein's.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I only eat Larabars and the occasional Balance bar. All of the others I have tried seem to spike my blood sugar and make me shaky an hour later. Those Fiber Plus coconut bars are good as a little treat, though.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    the peppermint luna bars are awesome. taste like thin mints
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love SoyJoy!! All their flavors but I can't find them everywhere anymore either!! **yum** :love:
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In the process of making the switch from Special K bars to Pure Protein bars. Small increase in calories, HUGE increase in protein (which I need at the point I'm at), and HUGE decrease in sugar. Well worth it.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I want to try Lara Bars because they are natural. But, I do buy Pure Protein bars; high protein, low sugar and they taste good IMO.

I love the Pure Protein bars. Super yummy and very filling. I get mine on Amazon through their Subscribe and Save program. Less than $10 for 12 bars