Favorite snack bars/protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Special K protein bars but still high in sugar. Larabars are great for the natural ingredients - all natural sugars from fruit! I want to make my own.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect and Balance Bars are staples. Pure Protein I just tried a couple of weeks ago, and have been impressed with every flavor I've tried--very tasty, but very much like a candy bar. KIND bars are my fav fruit/nut bar. Soyjoy's are great for a more bread/cake like bar.

Have ate Cliff bars in the past, but try to keep my bars around 200 calories or less, and the Cliff's don't qualify.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I like pure protein bars.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I get somethign called 'Peak Body' flapjack at the gym - its 400 Calories but its all protein and Carbs... given that I burn +1000 Calories at the gym this is pretty good - I have half of it mid-workout and the other half at the end. I wouldn't snack on this unless you were doing pretty hard core training.

Calories: 409Kcal
    Protein: 15.01g
    Carbs: 58.38g
    Fat: 12.68g

Also worth noting that I often train 7pm-9pm and I don't want to eat dinner when I get home so we have a light, low carb dinner at 5:30pm and then this fits into my 'protein window' post work out.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    As a snack I eat non-fat greek yogurt at a whooping 24g of protein per serving and only 133 calories.

I also drink a myoplex 42g of protein shake as 2 snacks each only 150 calories.

I tend to stay away from anything under 20 grams of protein and over 200 calories.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i love the Clif bars and, if i were more disciplined, i would cut them in half and just eat half. They aren't super high on protein though. They fill the desire for a cookie though! :P A much healthier alternative!!

I just tried my first Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel bar and yummmmm will be buying more of those!

Pure Protein is good and has a higher protein content than the previous two...

For those who like Lara bars, you can certainly cut your costs by having a couple dates, and a small handful of nuts. I liked the peanut butter and jelly larabar, but honestly, its dates, peanuts and cranberries i think? All things i get (organic) from the bulk bins at my grocer....
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As a snack I eat non-fat greek yogurt at a whooping 24g of protein per serving and only 133 calories.

I also drink a myoplex 42g of protein shake as 2 snacks each only 150 calories.

I tend to stay away from anything under 20 grams of protein and over 200 calories.

what brand of yogurt are you eating??? Chobani is 150cal 16g protein!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect and Supreme Protein Carb Conscious Protein Bar (Cookies 'n Cream) are both my favorites!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    i love the Clif bars and, if i were more disciplined, i would cut them in half and just eat half. They aren't super high on protein though. They fill the desire for a cookie though! :P A much healthier alternative!!

I just tried my first Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel bar and yummmmm will be buying more of those!

Pure Protein is good and has a higher protein content than the previous two...

For those who like Lara bars, you can certainly cut your costs by having a couple dates, and a small handful of nuts. I liked the peanut butter and jelly larabar, but honestly, its dates, peanuts and cranberries i think? All things i get (organic) from the bulk bins at my grocer....

I tried the Clif Mojo PB Pretzel recently too; YUM!!! Love the sweet & salt together! The Mountain Mix is pretty much the same thing, but adds a few chocolate chips! :love:
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like the Balance Chocolate Peanut Butter bar a LOT - if I get a craving for candy, it's my favorite thing to turn to - replaces Snickers for me just fine!

I also like Clif bars, especially the Peanut Butter one, but I usually get the mini ones to cut down on the carbs - the normal sized bar has close to 40!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of supplemental-type bars, as they tend to be too high in sugar and calories for me. However, when I feel the need for some extra protein, my go-to is ScoobySnacks Protein Bars. The recipe is easy and at the link below. These are cheap, not hard to make, and don't have a lot of added, processed cr@p in them. Plus, they taste good! The bar is pretty large - I usually make mine smaller to make a double batch at about half the cals. Give them a try!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/ScoobySnackProteinBars.htm