Dress sizes and Weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    5'6", currently 152 pounds and wearing a size 8/Medium (Canadian sizes) in most things. I'm leaning more toward an 8/10 right now, I would like to be a 6/8!!

My jean size right now... a size 30 is a bit on the tight side, 32 is a bit loose. I have a pair of 28's in my closet waiting to be worn again!!!!

Very cool to see how varied people can be with their weight/sizes!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7, 125 and a size 2/4. i was 165 and a size 10/12 ish.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and definitely carry a lot of weight in my waist and not much in my hips or bust (I'm an apple!).

250 lbs - size 24/3X
    235 lbs - size 20/2X
    225 lbs - size 18/1X or 2X depending on cut

I just bought some size 16 pants--they go on (and I can breathe) but have a nasty muffin top. They are Goal Pants. I'm expecting they'll fit in another 5-10 lbs (I had a coupon). All of my weight loss so far has been in my stomach which is why I've dropped sizes so quickly. Before, clothes would fit in the waist but be loose in the butt, hips, and bust so I'd have to wear a larger size. Now stuff is starting to fit evenly as my massive belly vanishes.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 156, and a size 6... at 145 I'm a size 4

You and I are the same height, but at 145 I am a solid 6 and at 156 more like an 8/10! So body type really does matter. I have wider hips and chest (they are the same measurement 36").
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 144lbs and in a size 5 pair of jeans at the moment. Used to be a 10! Pretty happy with myself so far. ;)
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 165 lbs. and am in a size 10/12 in pants (haven't really tried on any dresses recently)... I'm hesitant to say the solid "10" because I haven't really been to the store and tried on any, lol, but I do have a size 10 in my closet and it fits, lol.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am 188lbs right now and wear about a size 18. I haven't bought any new clothes except for stretchy, sweat pant type clothes in so long that I am not even sure.

Oh, and I am 4'11.5" tall!:bigsmile:

You've got half an inch on me :bigsmile:

I'm 4'11" and 184 lbs. I wear a size 16 from Old Navy. However, they only fit in the waist. They are HUGE through the butt, hips and legs. Old Navy's "Skinny" jeans are more like bloomy trousers on me, but they fit in the waist. This is a massive annoyance.

At my thinnest of 120 lbs back in the Dark Ages, I wore a size 4 from Old Navy.

Skinny jeans had not been invented yet. :laugh:
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow! Height and Body Type make such a difference!! At my highest weight of 230-235 I believe I wore 22. Now at 140-144 I fit comfortably into size 8 and some stretchy size 6. I'm 5'2" and bottom heavy, but I still have some muffin top too! :(
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 173, 5'7" and seem to be between size 10-12.

At my highest, I was 225 and wore 16-18.