25 To Life -- AUGUST

Options
Alright everyone, Here is our new thread for this month... August already!

If you are just joining us, this is a support group of (i think mostly women) who are great to talk to and we keep each other on track. We all have different amounts to lose and keep track of one another on a pretty daily basis... Please feel free to join!

I did weigh yesterday, like most of yall, i don't log gains, just losses...i was at 158 last time i weighed, and yesterday i was in at 162 or so..so im going to just blame it on residual water retention from TOM... I am a little discouraged tho :(
I tried on some old dresses that i havent been able to wear in a while. Some fit, most were still too tight. I think thats what got me down..knowing that i have been working my @$$ off and im still not as small as i used to get with barely trying...

aaannnyway

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone, Here is our new thread for this month... August already!

If you are just joining us, this is a support group of (i think mostly women) who are great to talk to and we keep each other on track. We all have different amounts to lose and keep track of one another on a pretty daily basis... Please feel free to join!

I did weigh yesterday, like most of yall, i don't log gains, just losses...i was at 158 last time i weighed, and yesterday i was in at 162 or so..so im going to just blame it on residual water retention from TOM... I am a little discouraged tho :(
    I tried on some old dresses that i havent been able to wear in a while. Some fit, most were still too tight. I think thats what got me down..knowing that i have been working my @$$ off and im still not as small as i used to get with barely trying...

aaannnyway
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! It's upsetting when we have (what we perceive:grumble: ) set backs. I was at that point last week or so but finally a pound (I think) has come off. It seems to wax and wane so, I try not to focus on that but how my clothes fit.

Here's another thing - your clothes might not fit you because you're toning and shaping your body differently.. might not even be a size thing. You look fabulous in your pics so don't get down on yourself..and btw I am right there with ya... I float around- 154-158 right now so.. feel your pain.

Well - enough negativity - today is our day to do as we choose and this is our life!! So, today has been great and tomorrow will be too!!

Take care! :happy:
  • foxxxymommy
    Options
    hi fellow fitness pals. I am brand new to the site and forum. I struggle with losing weight after my second child. i cant seem to finf\d motivation I need to work out and ewat right. I make excuses everyday either o i will work out tomorrow or i already ate bad today so i will start again tomorrow....and of course it never happens. I have a free gym membership and a library of workout of dvds but i always am just too tired. I am a cigarette smoker and lack the motivation to quit tha as well as losing weight. I was researching on line and came across my fitness pal and i am hoping this is what I need. I hope that talking with others on here and hearing and sharing stories will help us all be successful. thanks and I look forward to using this site to get on the right track.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]83407.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hhiiiii foxxxy!!

we are here to help motivate!

just remember that its never too late to save the day! Just because you ate bad so far dosent mean you can't make the healthier decisions for the rest of the day!

sharing stories and tips is one of the best ways to get motivatd..so stick with us!!!
  • foxxxymommy
    Options
    thankx for the welcome...I actullay had a realy good day today both eating and working out so i am happy. tomorrow we begin again. Laterz

83407.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Bump! i will write more later!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I

sparkles you are probably gaining muscle. So dont stress once your body adjusts to all that exercise you do you will loose. I totally understand been on more plateau's than I care for. Drink lots of water before, during and after exercise. It helps. Keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Welcome foxxxymommy :drinker: This is a great place to start. Plenty of support and if you need to vent. the log is great as well it keeps me on track most of the time. Good luck and again welcome :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    thanks a ton sindy... i did weigh again yesterday, and i was back at 160...so i know at least some of it is water weight...im going to pretend those other 2 lbs are water also :)
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join your group. I joined mfp about a week ago, and I am looking for support.

7-1-08 starting weight: 190:angry:
    8-4-08 current weight: 175:tongue:
    My Goal weight is 130:bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I found the new thread!

Welcome foxxy and honeybunch - this is a great and very supportive group. We're all busy over the summer but most of us still check in a couple times a week. :flowerforyou:

Well, my apparent loss from last week didn't persist. :cry: I was at 167.8 yesterday and this morning. But I have been much better logging my food this week and I have also worked out everyday so far. So I guess I am doing OK. Sparkles, I agree with Sindy - you are probably building muscle, and retaining water from all your exercise. You're doing great!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Gotta catch up, but I'm back!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Welcome Back kerridwen hope everything went ok.

cp are you sure your not retaining some water or not drinking enough water I get bloated and weigh more if I dont drink enough. Try waiting and weigh on Monday.

sparkels I am sure the other 2 is water weight. :bigsmile:

Welcome honeybunchthree we are very supportive here. If you have not already check out the posts for newbies they are very helpful and if you have any questions or anything ask away.

Where is everybody. Hope everyone is doing great. Gotta get back to work :drinker:
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Tonight I did my third day of a double work out routine. I walk 4 miles every morning and I added a workout through our local gym called, boot camp, and it is hard.
    Tomorrow I am going to weigh:grumble: in and see if I lost anything.

Its been a stressful evening, but maybe things could turn around.:explode: I almost ate some icecream for self comfort, but I took one spoonful and put it back in the fridge.:grumble:

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm here!!
    I've been super busy. I had 2 mailings go out yesterday and today, also it was my youngest's 5th birthday today! boy how time flies. AND I'm still preparing for over 50 people at my house on Sat. for his pool party. What the heck was I thinking! I've been shopping, and making lists upon lists, making ziti, and making goodies bags, and candy wrappers, and then wrapped 50 Hershey bars, tomorrow, I have to make his cake (an above ground pool, hehe) and the pasta salad, and clean the whole house, and clean all the lawn furniture and set up, then go to my sisters house and pick up some more tables and chairs!
    whew! I'm tired already!
    I worked out today and burned like 500 calories, so I was able to have pizza and cake tonight.
    I think I'm down to 155 (on the nice scale) 160 on the mean scale.
    Someone screamed across the grocery parking lot to me today...
    "WOW! you look great!! How much so far!"
    "Diet and exercise??"
    Me.. "39! yup, I just got sick of it and had to do something about it!"
    ahhhhh, it's all worth it!
    BUT, I still have so much fat to get rid of. I look down and this flub of a stomach and think, that's gotta be at least another 20 just in my stomach!
    That's okay, it took me 30 years to put it on, I can wait a little for it to come off!
    Keep up the good work!
    EM, it's muscle!
    and they are bringing Zumba to the Y! yeah, I can't wait to try it!
    Jennifer
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    yeee haw Jen, im so glad that you will have the opportunity to try zumba!
    thank you guys for the encouragement.. I am very very self critical (if you couldn't tell!) obsessive really about the way i look in the mirror... i know it comes hand in hand with E.D... im just trying to get comfortable in my body again i guess.

I was flustered again tonite.. tonite was the nite to clean my sewing room... it has my cloth and clothing that i have made but does not fit anymore along with old costumes, formal wear and bags, bags, purses, backpacks bags and BAGS!!!!, But i digress...

I tried on quite a few items that i just ache to wear... and after trying them on and them (still) being too tight...i come to the realization, that when i was skinnier than ever in my life, these clothes were somewhat fitted, so i cant expect to get into them any time soon... i guess im just down because it feels like all the weight came at once, even tho i know it actually came over a period of about 2 years or so...and having a whole closet full of fun clothes i cant wear yet is so discouraging. Im being so impatient lately with this whole new lifestyle! Just 12 more pounds...seems like one big plateau sometimes!

Lordy look at me. im writing novels over here!

heres an old pic of skinnier me: n146700011_30026774_4801.jpg
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Jen - whew! It made me tired just to READ all that. :yawn: I'm sure you'll have a great party. :drinker:

I am going CAMPING this weekend! I've been really excited about it. I just hope that it doesn't rain too much - it's kinda fun to be safe and warm in your tent overnight when it's raining, but not so fun if we can't make a fire and sit around chatting with our friends. I will try to get at least one good hike in, and not go overboard on my portions.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

P.S. Oh, one little funny thing yesterday. I carry my weight pretty evenly, so even now when I am still technically "overweight" by at least 10 pounds (BMI-wise) and realistically more like 15-25, I don't look too "fat" anymore. People at work were talking about how hard it is to lose weight, and a woman said, "But you did a great job." I said, "Thanks, I'm still working on it". And she got this worried look and said, "Really? Don't go too far!" I thought that was sorta funny and sweet that someone thought I might someday get too skinny! :laugh: I have never been skinny and don't think I ever will be (nor am I trying to be)!
  • foxxxymommy
    Options
    hello to all. I am having a rough day already. I did good this week as far as working out . 3 days in a row. BUt I cant get a grip on my eating. I will eat healthy fods 90 percent of the time, but I have no sense of when enough is enough. I mean in my head while I am eating I tell myself you dont need this. you have had enough. But I eat more anyway!! Its so frustrating. I get so tired of being so mad at myself..but obviously i cant blame any one else. And then the other major bad habit is eating late at night. I know its horrible to do. what can I do. Should I hang up signs over the house telling me not to eat . If you have any suggestions please let me know. I go back to work in 5 weeks. I work at a school so have the summer off. I have gained weight since i left and would like to loose 10 pounds b4 i go back but its not gonna happen if i keep up these bad habits. Thanks for listening.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Jen good luck to you with your party. Good job honey on putting the ice cream away, eating one or two spoons help with the craving. Cp I love camping even in the rain being one with nature is great, have a good time. Em it takes time and you are doing fantastic. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great week end. I post a recent picture this is me now after 28 pounds lost. It was so hard for me to do because I am so not even half way to my goal and like Cp I carry my weight everywhere and I get the same thing when I tell them how much more I need to loose. :bigsmile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

P.S. Oh, one little funny thing yesterday. I carry my weight pretty evenly, so even now when I am still technically "overweight" by at least 10 pounds (BMI-wise) and realistically more like 15-25, I don't look too "fat" anymore. People at work were talking about how hard it is to lose weight, and a woman said, "But you did a great job." I said, "Thanks, I'm still working on it". And she got this worried look and said, "Really? Don't go too far!" I thought that was sorta funny and sweet that someone thought I might someday get too skinny! :laugh: I have never been skinny and don't think I ever will be (nor am I trying to be)!

Same here! I tell people I really need another 20-30 and they say "you want to lose MORE? you're going to be a skeleton!" LOL hahah, yeah, likely NOT!
    my husband to.... he said "where are you going to lose another 30? you're going to be anorexic!" LMBO!
    If they (besides my hubby) only knew what I look like naked they wouldn't be saying that!
    There is that girl who got the tummy tuck, have you seen her? her name is slipping my mind, but anyway, that's EXACTLY what my stomach looks like! (before she got it done!), therefore, you now know where I need to lose! and my thighs, and my arms and my back, etc. That def. adds up to about 30!