How many hours per week do you workout?

Options

Replies

• scott35forever
    Options
    I just found this cite. I was curious about others seeking to be athletes. I ended an over-the-road job with intensive hours 16+ a day.
    And being furious with the weight I gained driving- I embarked on a daily exercise regime. I bicycle the local area of my city and use the bike and ped paths for riding while others are at work. I have been riding my mountain bike for nearly 4 years now.
    I average 3 1/2 to 4 hours per day (monday through friday) and on the weekends either a standard 3-4 hour ride and recently increase one of sat or sunday to a 7 1/2 hour ride. So my average is 25 to 30 hours a week for my workouts.
    I can't do weights yet or running or swimming but hope to in the future with some health issues resolved. I would like to re-open this "Topic" to feedback and see others experience of cardio type 'work-outs' that are over 20 hours per week. If you have or know someone please invite them to share their story with this webpage. I want to find out about their heart rate changes, breathing techniques and endurance. My weight has dropped but only a bit-- and I have changed to mostly salads and fish 1 main meal per day and two snacks-- no sweets. Love to read other's life experiences. Again Thank you 'My Fitness Pal' and all you out there -- that have shared your efforts.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I workout 6-7 hours a week.
  • panchakshara
    panchakshara Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I average about 10 hours a week. 1.5 swimming (2 sessions, 45 min), 5 lifting/cardio machines (6 sessions, 50 min each), 1-3 hours walking (3-5 miles, once or twice a week), 3-4 hours of yoga (2-4 classes, which can run from 50 min to 90 min).
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    About 10-12.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    70 mins weights 3 times a week, walk all day at work ( I only sit for 20 mins in an 8 hour day). With a full time job, kids, house/dinner I usually don't get to work out until about 9.30pm. I wish I had time to do more, but for now that will have to do. I am slowly losing weight and gaining muscle so it does seem to work.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Probably around 4-6 hours a week
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    5 runs a week, each roughly 1 hour = 5 hours
    2 BodyPump sessions a week = 2 hours
    2-3 strength training sessions, 40-ish minutes each = 2 hours
    So around 9 hours total. I dont count the daily walks with my dog, thats just being a part of "active lifestyle"

P.S. On vacation this week, will cut the workout time in half :drinker: :smokin: :laugh:
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    4-6
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    3-4
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    9-11 hours a week plus I walk 5-10 miles a day.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    bout 3-4...yeah, I gotta step it up a bit!!
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    Anywhere from 4.5 to 7 hours a week.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow! you all work out big time! Im aiming for something I can keep up long term and at the moment I do 20-30mins 4-6 days a week. Depends how I feel, I like doing something every day. Im a stay at home mum to 2 boys 3yrs old and 2 yrs old and its hard during the day to get time to just workout and not have to keep stopping so short circuit workouts are great for me! Im hoping as I lose weight and get fitter, Il do more intense and longer workouts x
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Usually 1-1 1/2 hours 5-6 days per week! :-)
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
  • Ness7891
    Ness7891 Posts: 26
    Options
    At my current rate I believe about 7-8.
  • TheMotivator123
    Options
    12 hours I do 2 one 1 split days, 6 days a week am/pm
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Walk 4 hours
    Run 2-2.5 hours
    Lift 1.5 hours
    Group exercise 2-3 hours
    Bike 2 hours

Total 12-12.5 hours
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Depends, usually 2-3 hours spread out over 4-5 days, mostly walking on breaks at work and the occasional walk when I get home from work.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Around 3-6 I guess? It varies so much, as I travel a lot and have minimal childcare available.

I'm usually working in the gym for an hour, or maybe a bit more, and get to go 2-3 times a week. This weekend I only got to go once, but should be able to go 3 times next as my working days are different. I run to/from the gym, which is about a mile.
    If I work out at home it's typically 10-30 minutes. Totally depends on my 3 year old.