Baked Spinach Chips

Options
MeredithLee11
MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
If you get cravings for the salty crunchies, try this one out.

Preheat the oven to 275F. Spread out a cup of spinach on a baking sheet. Drizzle on about a teaspoon of olive oil and mix it around so all the spinach gets a nice light coating. Hit it with a little dusting of salt and any spices your heart desires (I like paprika on mine; garlic powder would be good too). Throw 'em in the oven 18 minutes, or until they get crispy (a little less time for baby spinach). Take 'em out of the oven and enjoy!

47 calories for a heaping pile of "chips"!

I had an idea to lay the spinach out on a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet just so it wasn't sitting in any excess oil, but I haven't tried this method out yet. Let me know if you do and how it works out.

Replies

• cocobeenie
    Options
    This is an awesome idea... You can do this with kale as well. I want to try them with some homemade hummus!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I saw this done on Ten Dollar Dinners with Kale and wondered just how well it worked! Gonna have to give it a whirl now :)
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    that sounds pretty easy and yummy, even my kids love spinach
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    great idea!
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    bump =)
  • Splendwhore
    Options
    Definitely giving this one a try. Yum!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    awesome idea! I'm trying it tomorrow!!
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i saw this post yesterday and went straight into the kitchen and made them. they were good, but a bit flimsy. question to those that have made them with spinach and have made them with kale... how are they different? i've never had kale, so not sure if i'll like it or not!
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    trying this one! and kale.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Yum! What a great idea! I do this with Kale also, and I can't believe I never though about spinach. Thanks!
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I love chips I am going to try this and I hope it doesn't disappoint me.
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I just made these and are they ever GOOD!! Even my SO, who is a hardcore chip guy was stealing them out of my bowl. Thanks for posting!
  • Splendwhore
    Options
    The BF & I tried these yesterday with baby spinach, and they were a huge success! I'm excited to experiment with different seasoning ideas. ^_^ Thanks for sharing.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds really yummy. Thx so much for sharing. Definitely will try it as I have really been craving salty/crunch. Best of luck to you!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how long these can be store for/ how to store?
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Bump