Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yum I'm saving this and making these!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I buy a lot of spinach and sometimes it goes bad!!!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. thanks :)
  • ruthiemat2
    ruthiemat2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just tried this and it was amazing!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!
  • chelsieliberty
    Options
    BUMP
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A coworker made these with Kale and brought it to work when I was on weight watchers... "0" points and very good :-)
  • azsky
    azsky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are wonderful! Use a fancy seasoned salt to make them unique!
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Made them this morning for my snack at work. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Thanks so much!
  • acquiescent
    acquiescent Posts: 18
    Options
    I've got to remember this!
  • Rviernow
    Rviernow Posts: 16
    Options
    bump, have to try these, it would be a great way to use the spinach from the garden at the end of summer.
  • childofgod1941
    Options
    I do this with Kale, its great
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to bump this - just made these and they're SO good. They're a great alternative to chips.
  • brian2911
    brian2911 Posts: 48
    Options
    do i do this with spinach leaves or use frozen spinach ? just getting into cooking
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also do this with kale. My tips for making kale chips:

- separate out the leaf from the thick stalks to eliminate the bitter tasta
    - Make sure you spread them out into only one layer and stir them up (gently!) after 10 minutes or so to make sure they're crispy
    - over times will differ, so check often after the first 10-15 min
    - I toss mine with a bit of olive oil and rice vinegar, then sprinkle with parmesan. You don't need much oil/vinegar- too much and the chip won't crisp well
    - don't plan on dipping them in anything as it makes a fragile chip

I didn't think they'd be very good, but was VERY surprised. Definitely give this a try if you haven't!
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    do i do this with spinach leaves or use frozen spinach ? just getting into cooking

You'll want to use fresh spinach leaves. i use baby spinich and they are the perfect size for little chips!
  • ClaireMarieABerg
    Options
    I just watched this idea on MsHcGGirl and instead of tossing the leaves in oil, she mentioned spraying them with coconut oil spray. I think I'll look for the spray and try that to see if I like it better.
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just tossed a batch of baby spinach into the oven. I hope they turn out well! Thanks for the idea!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    YUM! I think I might have used a tad bit much olive oil. Next time I will be a little less generous. The leaves that had less oil on them crisped up nicely. Very good snack. I have one lonely ole sweet potatoe in the pantry. think I will try slicing it really thin and sprinkling with cinnamon and baking! Thanks for the ideas!

Sweet potato is also very yummy with olive oil, sea salt, and cayenne pepper for a little kick ( I'm a sucker for sweet and salty combos!)

I've heard of kale chips before and was a little wary, but I love spinach so I will for sure give them a try, maybe with a little bit of parmesan cheese.