Diet Dr. Pepper

2»

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Try mixing 1/2 diet DP and 1/2 unsweetened tea. That might help tame the urge. eventually lessen the dp and increase the tea. Start drinking more water. Just keep it around and take little sips. Before you know it , it has become a habit for you. Good luck

Ewww....

I have a question. MFP says for my single can of dt dew, there's only 50 mg of sodium. That's not much. So why do people always say it's full of sodium?? Maybe the one I pick is entered incorrectly? I always wonder what the hype is all about with sodium. That's less than an egg.

BTW...dt dr pepper is the bomb. I really don't think there's anything wrong with allowing yourself a can of it a day. Unless you're getting major headaches from it or you're selling yourself on the street to make money so you can buy more of it, or you're plateaued in your weight loss journey and you pinpoint it to that one soda a day, I find no reason why you should quit. I'm probably no help!! Sorry!
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    I used to be totally addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, until I began to read about the artificial sweetener, Aspartame. I had preferred it for many, many years and finally stopped drinking it and began to drink reg. Coca Cola. I figured I'd rather have the sugar calories than the harmful effects of Aspartame. I'm talking several bottles a day!

Now I love drinking water! The longer I use MFP, the more I like the water. Just a few months ago I NEVER had a glass of water on any given day. Gone are all the diet sodas and the several bottles a day. I still allow myself a regular Coca Cola. But I ration it, much like a snack. IF I want it, I simply fix about a third of a 12 oz. bottle in a small glass. Sip it...and the urge goes away.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    I love diet Dr. Pepper too! I still have one occasionally, but only one every week or two I also have an energy drink about once a month and I used to drink those more than soda! I know I'm not going to give either up for good, so I have just cut down a lot. Besides that it is water and lemon water the rest of the time.
This discussion has been closed.