Drinking water at work

Options
2»

Replies

• jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's the same at my work..crazy. I also think that i am starving my whole shift but am prob just thirsty :(
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No water AND no snacks. It's tough. :grumble:

Although the no snack thing must be good for staying within your calorie limits for the day!

It is. But by the time break rolls around I am hungry enough to eat a small hippo.

Hippos live in water right? I think I've found a way to kill two birds with one stone...

:laugh:
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    it seems valid then that for your own health perhaps they don't want you to have water idk tho to the one who said its illegal ... it is to a point but you have to remember depending on the job... in my case a retail store... they try to push it as far as they can push it... going as far as denying you bathroom breaks in some places. I've heard of people having their pay docked anytime they have to go pee and use the facilities. If that were the case you could report them but with water its slightly different but yes i agree... that it should be like feeding a smokers 'smokebreak' you should be allowed to have a water break. its definitely a healthier habit lol

I have to talk all day.. and between yelling next in line and saying all the bs lines that they want me to like a robot i'm so badly parched within an hour and it just makes it easier to get sick so I think it'd be valid for them to make a rule that water bottles are okay but ... im not corporate and they wont listen to me... even tho i'm very vocal about my distain for it all.
    I once had a manager straight up tell me no when i had to pee when i was scheduled on register. I started to cry a little because the pain was so unbearable from holding it and the rest of the day and next my kidneys hurt. Needless to say that bastardwas fired because he was stupid and left a safe open but... i've learned that its only a job. i come first. i do everything for them i come in when i'm sick unless i'm throwing up the least they could do is let me pee.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    suck it up and drink from the fountain.

drink a fair amount before and after work. (provided you get bathroom breaks)
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your boss about keeping the water fountain clean? That seems to be the easiest thing to do, rather than try to go around the rules. If he/she is unreceptive, then you might explain to them that it is unhealthy to not have adequate drinking water available. I would try to work with the boss to see if you can both come up with a solution you can live with.

Good luck!
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I had a thought. Depending on where you work.. is the fountain employees only or are there customers and just random people that use it? if that's the case you never know what they have or are doing even if you don't put your mouth to the spigot there are so many that do.

i don't trust water fountains at all unless its in a sterile facility the water rarely tastes drinkable and i don't like drinking other peoples spit lol