What's your goal weight?? Why did you choose that number??

Options
I'm a 5'10'' chick and my goal weight is 135. Which so happens to be the number that is on my driver's license. I want that number SOOO bad, (but bad enough to do the things that will keep me there). I've just need help curbing those snacks I just love to munch on!

Replies

• QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight was 130 back in the beginning, but my Dr said 150 was perfect for my frame. Now that I am at 150 (from 220), I think 140 would be nice, but 145 is my first goal since I am having such a hard time getting under 150.I have been in the 150-155 range for 6 months. :(
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I looked at a BMI chart and picked a number in the healthy range. I'm not sure if the number will stay the same as I see how I look when I lose weight. It might end up being more or less.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and my goal weight is 122-125. Im at 130 right now and feel good but hope to lose a few more
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and my goal weight is 135, the weight I was in my user pic, 6 years ago. I'm going to get that body back; and maybe improve on it a little, muscle wise, so I'd be happy at 140.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and mine is 125. I was about that in HS, and it fit me well. it's on the high side for my height,but i'm large framed... so i wouldn't look healthy or appealing at 109
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Gosh that sounds really low for your height! I am 5'8 and my goal weight is 140 but even that is REALLY skinny for me so I may not be able to get down to that without looking sick!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've got 155 listed as my final goal, but I think I would be happy at 165-170. I have kind of a larger frame, so I actually think that there's a chance that I wouldn't look good at 155, but I'd like to know that for sure. :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    At 5'0", my goal used to be 105. I've never gotten there. The closest I've gotten is 119. 119 was really hard to get to and I couldn't maintain. With that said, I'm a little crazy, so my goal is 115. But my mini goal is 125. I would love to be 125.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" and chose 140 as my goal weight. My BMI shows from about 120 to 145 as a healthy goal and since Im in my 40's I went with a number in the higher end of my BMI. Im not committed to it so will just have to make the final decision once I get a bit closer.
  • dogluvr73
    dogluvr73 Posts: 17
    Options
    My goal weight is 125-130, I was 116-118 in 2008 and even though I am small frame that is too small for me, I couldnt find clothes that fit right when I am 125-130 I can wear all my size 1-2 jeans and I feel real good about myself, I gained weight after I lost my job in December I gained about 10 pounds I was 135 back in December. And I want to be closer to that. Im done weighing myself daily so I will update my weight loss next week!
  • southtaski27
    Options
    My "Ideal weight" according to "THE CHART" is between 135-160. I am 5'9" but have an overall large frame. The last time I weighed 165 it was nearly impossible to stay there...If I thought about food, I gained. So, my personal goal is to be between 170-175 because that is a manageable weight for my body. It's basically a size 10-12, but you know what, I'm OK with that. I am not one of those size 5 types...never have been, never will be. And frankly I would look anorexic if I was.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft11 and I cant even imagine what I would look like at 135lbs now, that is 100 bls lighter then I am now. Good for you! My goal rightnow is to get under 200lbs. I will re-evaluate then!
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great attitude to have!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I want to be around 150 lbs by my birthday (May 25th). By the end of the summer, I want to be around 140 because when I used to weigh that much, I was happy with my body.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight is 130lbs according to the BMI chart a healthy weight for me is 113 but there is NO Way I could be that small at 39 years old. I think you have to find a weight that's comfortable for you or maybe talk with your doctor because the BMI Chart doesn't do me any good.

Good Luck :-)
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 190

my goal is 150 cause it's a nice even number and a safe goal for tracking...once i reach it I'll try for 120-130.

I am a big fan of fat2fitradio.com and they say to eat like the thinner person you want to become! If I started eating like a 120 lb person though it would be too low and my body would start starving, so I am shooting for eating like a 150 lbs person til I get there then I'll switch things up :D
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    My goal weight is 150, and I choose that weight because that # puts me in the healthy range on the BMI scale. I do have a larger frame, so my I am not going to kill myself to get to that number. I am going to listen to my body and when it says "I'm happy" then I will stop. Even if that mean stopping at 160.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight was 130 back in the beginning, but my Dr said 150 was perfect for my frame. Now that I am at 150 (from 220), I think 140 would be nice, but 145 is my first goal since I am having such a hard time getting under 150.I have been in the 150-155 range for 6 months. :(

Hey I also had a hard time getting past the 150 mark...took me months!!! Not sure why, or what I did different but one day I went from 150 to 148 and slowly down froom there. You can do it!!! Stay positive!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" my goal weight is my current weight which is 145 which is what I've been at for over a year. I would like to get down to 135 eventually, but right now I am content plus food is holding me back. I love eating, and I am a bad binge eater.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is anywhere bet. 140-150. I've been as small as 125-130, but I don't think that's maintainable for me long-term. I'm a happy size 8/10 at 140-150, and 150 is the top of my healthy BMI range.