PLANKS-- How long?

Options

Replies

• cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm in! I usually do 3 sets (of 4 reps) of 30 secs each. I'm usually drained by the last two reps, but I'll try seeing how long I can hold just one.

We should do an initial list of starting times.
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have recently started doing them too. The first one I can hold for a full minute and then 30 seconds on each side and the second round its just however long I can hold it. Read in a magazine today that a strong core can do a full 2 minutes so thats my goal! :)
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I made it 28 seconds, and OOOOOOWWWWWWW lol
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I usually do one around 45 seconds. Then one a little longer.
    Then my last one I do until I can't hold it any longer.

You'll build up endurance with them quickly, and will be able to last longer. "thats what she said"

ahahahaha! that's hilarious!

when i do my planks during my circuits, i do them 3 times, 60 sec each (reg. planks, side planks-each side)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    planks got boring after a while so now i take a half bosu ball and flip it over so the rounded part is on the ground. grab a hold of each side of the flat part and get into a plank position and start wobbling it from side to side while you squeeze your abs. 30 seconds and they will be on fire. then i lean the ball forward and hold that as long as i can. then go back to the start position and lean as far forward as i can go and hold that till i collapse
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok, i 1 plank in puch up position held for 81 seconds. I like the idea of doing sets-middle and sides. Maybe I will start doing that and see how long I can hold plank after a month of doing sets.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN TOO!!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great job EVERYONE!!

Who cares if you start doing 10 seconds or 2 minutes!! I think its great to have soemthing you can do quick (so there is NO EXCUSE) and that still makes an impact.

I cant wait to see how much the time changes for everyone in a few weeks. I tried 3 different times yesterday (holding as long as my arms would hold out) and my longest time was 2:20 sec. My goal is to hit 4 minutes by end of the month!

What's your goal? How much improvement are you looking for? Planks are GREAT and quick, lets keep this up!!!

Steph
  • stephfilako
    Options
    I do 30 s in the middle, then 30 on the side, 30 on the other, then 30 back in the middle, without resting/dropping inbetween

I love that!! I have even heard of people while in side plank pulling a knee and elbow together! WOW! Im not there yet but I cant wait to make something I dislike into something I LOVE :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I need to really back to where I was - So this is great!!! I can hold a plank - in good form for just 1 minute before I am shaking and losing form. So .... that is my starting point. Pretty good but not where I want to be.

I will keep trying everyday and resting on Sundays!!!
  • sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    tested today - 1 min 12 sec before I fell!
  • stephfilako
    Options
    2 minutes and 22 seconds so far today. I still have one more try tonight. Going to try and make 2:30 as my goal :)
  • b00b0084
    Options
    I made it 28 seconds, and OOOOOOWWWWWWW lol

I added 2 more seconds today! 30 seconds!
  • b00b0084
    Options
    BUMP
    what does typing BUMP mean?
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OOOH I HATE planks! and my upper body is WEAK! so count me in! :drinker:
  • ANewton401
    ANewton401 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    im in! woohoo my first challenge!!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1m 40s!
  • stephfilako
    Options
    Whew!! I didnt do them this weekend, but it is Monday and time to get back into the swing of things!! Come on, I know you all want to come to the PLANK OFF :) Who's planking today?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I will do one tonight and report back. I need to do some ab work.