MFP Friends, Thursday April 14th, just becasue.

Options
PantalaNagaPampa
PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
I am just starting a thread for any and all of my MFP riends to have a place to chat today.

No subject, in particular, just a place to chat without having to scroll through my home page looking for messages, or going back and forth to My Topics to see what was posted to me.

How is your day? Any Rants? NSVs? Hopes? Dreams? Whatever...

Replies

• humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No rants NSVs or anything...but a shout out to all my awesome MFP friends who have helped me lose over 10 pounds since January!!!! Love you guys--- you are all such amazing people!:glasses::flowerforyou:
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Glad to be here...I need some advice on low sodium lunch ideas. I eat out pretty much everyday Mon-Fri, and the salt is kicking my butt. It's the most diffiuclt item to keep in check. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i feel like the garbage truck ran over me, thought it didnt do a good enough job and went back over me for good measure. i decided to switch up my routine and add weight classes to the spin classes i take - UGH!! so embarrased to be the chubbiest girl in the classes and hardly be able to keep up AND to feel this beat up doesnt lift my spirits up...BUT i know that if i give up, it'll just be a failure and i dont want to fail anymore.

i really think i just posted this so if i "typed it out loud" i might believe myself :)
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    I love MFP and all the friends, support and encouragement from complete strangers!! I get more support and motivation from all of you guys....more than my "so called" friends on Facebook!! I check MFP all day (while working...lol). Sore today from an awesome workout yesterday!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i feel like the garbage truck ran over me, thought it didnt do a good enough job and went back over me for good measure. i decided to switch up my routine and add weight classes to the spin classes i take - UGH!! so embarrased to be the chubbiest girl in the classes and hardly be able to keep up AND to feel this beat up doesnt lift my spirits up...BUT i know that if i give up, it'll just be a failure and i dont want to fail anymore.

i really think i just posted this so if i "typed it out loud" i might believe myself :)

Hey sistah!!!!! Guess what???? Some of those people in the class were once where you are now - but they kept on keeping on just like you WILL DO!
  • crazymama2two
    Options

Hey sistah!!!!! Guess what???? Some of those people in the class were once where you are now - but they kept on keeping on just like you WILL DO!

thank you soul sistah...i just need to remember that :) thank you *hugs and loves*
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty damn good today. Still 2 weeks without a loss on the scale, but things are changing!!!! I know that I have to stay strong and not give up - it's going to take some time, I might have to do some tweaking on my diet and exercise.......but it WILL come off, It WILL happen.

Should be a pretty fantasic day!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    Laina: So glad to see you girl. I was so out of the loop yesterday, never got to talk with you or Tami.
    Glad you only have good things going today. Awesome that you’ve lost 10 lbs. Support or not, its you doing the hard work. Proud of you.

Oreyna: I don’t know of any low sodium option for eating out, personally. But I would imagine a lot of places have the fit fare menus etc, that should give you good choices. Where do you eat out? I doubt you will find anything too low sodium at mcd’s or such but places like Appleby’s usually does a good job. I like to get Subway or Jimmy Jons subs, usually pretty low sodium depending on the meat choices.

Crazymama: sorry to hear about the garbage truck. Sounds like you may be overworking yourself a little. God knows it’s never easy. Of course, change ups can do that to you as well, its all that body adaptation and muscle confusion stuff..lol. Never be embarrassed. The fact that you are there should fill you with pride. Keep at it and maybe one day you will the hottest one in the room!

Kim: I don’t even hit facebook anymore. Feel MFP is worlds better for me with real people posting real topics and information not just status and videos.

Cat: Nice to meet you.

OK, I think I am caught up.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    Glad to be here...I need some advice on low sodium lunch ideas. I eat out pretty much everyday Mon-Fri, and the salt is kicking my butt. It's the most diffiuclt item to keep in check. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Can you bring your own lunch??? Or order a salad with grilled chicken....ask for the dressing on the side so you can be aware of how much is on it.... stay away from "fried", or "seasoned." You can always ask for plain grilled chicken in most places... tuna fish is also usually ok--- if its made with regular mayo, it can be higher in fat but tuna is good.... grilled fish could be a good option too...like grilled salmon? And fruit!

Ok idk...hopefully that somewhat helped...
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    Lots of good ideas there Laina. I pack my luinch everyday to keep me on the straight and narrow. If by some chance I have to go to lunch with co-workers etc. I examine the menu with a fine tooth comb looking for good options. A lot of places have fish options, salmon or tialpia is always good. I have a little whole in the wall joint by me that does fish tacos that are great. Tilapia with corn tortilla and shredded cabbage with a splach of quac and cheese.. awesonme!
  • oreyna49
    Options
    The best lunch i've found ti the oven roasted chicken breast from subway. I usually go anywhere for lunch, and try to order the best I can. It wasn't until recently that I started paying attention to salt. I've been on BP meds for about 4 yrs...low dose. I know I should have made changes years ago, but hey...I'm doing it now!!!
  • oreyna49
    Options
    Lots of good ideas there Laina. I pack my luinch everyday to keep me on the straight and narrow. If by some chance I have to go to lunch with co-workers etc. I examine the menu with a fine tooth comb looking for good options. A lot of places have fish options, salmon or tialpia is always good. I have a little whole in the wall joint by me that does fish tacos that are great. Tilapia with corn tortilla and shredded cabbage with a splach of quac and cheese.. awesonme!

Man, that sounds great!!!
  • humblemonkey
    Options

I wish I could eat tilapia but it is great on calories and such....but since I know how they are raised...YUCK. just cant do it thinking im eating something that feeds on poop. ickyyy:sick:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    Yeah they are. I never feel too guilty about ordering those. The corn tortillas are healthier than flour, the guac has some good fats and a litle dairy is ok once in awhile.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options

I wish I could eat tilapia but it is great on calories and such....but since I know how they are raised...YUCK. just cant do it thinking im eating something that feeds on poop. ickyyy:sick:

Why do you have to go and ruin it for me? lalalalalala.. I'm blocking it out.. I am blocking it out. I eat only the finest hand raised, non poop eating tilapia, the kind they feed pettite lap giraafes who just fineshed a treadmill workout.
  • humblemonkey
    Options

Why do you have to go and ruin it for me? lalalalalala.. I'm blocking it out.. I am blocking it out. I eat only the finest hand raised, non poop eating tilapia, the kind they feed pettite lap giraafes who just fineshed a treadmill workout.

I have respect for that! I wish no one ruined it for me... I wont tell you anything more. But it does suck that there is no such thing as "naturally raised" tilapia.... its all farm-raised. :o(
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I will totally admit that I did not read every post... so I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol. I'm just gonna jump in!

I'm in a really bad mood today, and honestly don't know why... but EVERYTHING is pissing me off!!! GRRR!!!

But I <3 you guys and I'm glad I get to "talk" to you today! =)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    I will totally admit that I did not read every post... so I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol. I'm just gonna jump in!

I'm in a really bad mood today, and honestly don't know why... but EVERYTHING is pissing me off!!! GRRR!!!

This is a no pissed off room. Good Karma here and lots of love in the air. You get one free pissy post or Rant, then shut it down buttercup! hahaha see what I did there, turned it around on you with your own words. Yeah.. you love me, you kow you do... feeling less pissed yet?
  • humblemonkey
    Options

its because as women, we are ALLOWED to have those days. One of the guys at the firehouse told my husband when we first got married.... he has to understand that I am going to have "bad" days and he has to excuse them because women are brought up to have them and women have extra "b***h" hormones men dont. hahaha

Now men having those days....not excusable. LOL
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options

hahahahhahaha PNP. lol