5'7" -ers out there - what's your goal weight??

Options

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'7 and 5'8 and my initial goal weight is 135, but I really want to get down to a toned 130. I look way to skinny at 125 but look really good at 130.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Love the responses. I am officially addicted to MFP.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have a large frame...my ultimate goal is 147.
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight
    I am 5'6" and per that calculator, my happy weight should be 153.8 but I'll be happy with 155!
    Check it out with your specs and see what it says.
    :wink:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and my goal is 155. It seems a little higher than what everyone elses has posted on here, but I dont think I'll ever be at the lower end of the healthy weight range, so I opted to try and hit the top of the range.

When I get there (I was about to say IF and then corrected it to when!) I will see if I like it or want to lose more. I'm not 100% into the whole thing (as in, if I get to a UK14 (US10) and I like it, but its outside the healthy range) then I will stay with that. I have been overweight for about 10 years, so I am just aiming for less weighty!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 150:glasses:
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal wieght is about 175-180. I'm muscularly built, and that would put me at about a size 10. I'm good with that. Less than that....for me....is too small in my eyes.
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'7" and would love to way around 145. That's only about a 10 pound weight loss, but it seems to be the hardest thing to do. It seems getting older makes things sooo much more difficult. Have extra belly fat from having babies that i just cant seem to get rid of. FRUSTRATING!!!!
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and I'm aiming for 154, its the weight I was for 20 years excluding pregnancy, I have a medium-large frame based on wrist and elbow measurements. I will evaluate once i'm closer to goal, would prefer a little extra padding on my rear to save my face!
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    I'm 5'7! Well, 5'6.8, but I round up. My initial goal weight is 150 (weight I was when I got injured and started gaining), and my final goal weight is 135 (lowest adult weight, when I was 18). Your appropriate weight could vary a lot, depending on body composition and type. I have a very curvy hourglass figure (currently 42" 30" 41") and I'm not really sure that I can get back to 135 with the top-heaviness I've got going on. I've lost some inches from my bust, but most of my weight loss has been from my middle (I started out at 46" 36" 46"). Ultimately, overall fitness and body composition is what's important to me - the "goal weight" is just a guess to use as my target/motivation.
  • tville23682
    Options
    I'm 5'6/5'7 depending on who measures me. I am currently 129 lbs. My goal weight is 125. I carry all of my weight in my hips, thighs and butt. In order to lose some fat from these areas I think that's where I will have to get. We will see.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my goal weight is around 140. If I stay between 140 and 145 I would be happy.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight
    I am 5'6" and per that calculator, my happy weight should be 153.8 but I'll be happy with 155!
    Check it out with your specs and see what it says.
    :wink:

Interesting! My "happy weight" is 141 apparently. 3 lbs to go til my "happy weight."
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'8" and my ultimate goal is 150. I'm pretty curvy with wide hips, so I'll have to see how I look/feel at 150 to determine if I want to go further. As long as you feel good in your own skin, that's all that matters! :)
  • astromachine
    astromachine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I'd like to be around 110 or less. :)
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I will be THRILLED at 150!! I know that is a good, realistic weight for me - that hopefully I will be able to maintain!! I'll see when I get there. Maybe I will feel the need to go lower. At that weight, I'm a size 10 (I think - it's been so long). Maybe I'll surprise myself and get in the "140s" - still a long way to go.:blushing:
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wow i couldnt even imagine what i would look like at 110 im sure it would be just as scary as i look at 210. lol good luck to all
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ideal Weight Calculation:
    Results: According to your height of 5' 7" your ideal healthy weight is 143 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 127 and 159 pounds.

This was calculated using Hamwi formula, a simple formula commonly used by many clinicians.

These are recommended weights. Talk with your doctor about what weight is best for you and before undertaking any new diet or exercise programs.

You can learn more about BMI and see what it is for your current weight by checking out our Body Mass calculator.

Website: http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    I am 5'7'' and my goal is 130s.