Chocolate Cream Eggs

Options
124»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I think if they were not presented as "creme eggs" the backlash would have been tamer.

Probably. But still - that seems like a lot of work for little reward. If I'm going to that much trouble to make sweets, it's going to be opera fudge or Aunt Bill's brown candy (don't ask, I didn't name it). The brown candy even has a nice micronutrient profile - lots of pecans!

This, so much work for something that doesn't seem that much healthier!

And to those saying "They used mashed potatoes in sweets during the war!", I think that makes our point. It's what they did when they had no other options. Not really a selling point to me :tongue:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    I think if they were not presented as "creme eggs" the backlash would have been tamer.

Probably. But still - that seems like a lot of work for little reward. If I'm going to that much trouble to make sweets, it's going to be opera fudge or Aunt Bill's brown candy (don't ask, I didn't name it). The brown candy even has a nice micronutrient profile - lots of pecans!

This, so much work for something that doesn't seem that much healthier!

And to those saying "They used mashed potatoes in sweets during the war!", I think that makes our point. It's what they did when they had no other options. Not really a selling point to me :tongue:

Well, the great depression gave us sliced bread, and pigs in a blanket, Ritz crackers, banana bread and a variety of other nice foods so I wouldn't dismiss the creativity of war time recipes. I will happily try anything at least once. To be honest I was just planning to add some sugar to a tablespoon or so of mashed potatoes next time I'm making them just to see how the combination tastes before embarking on anything potentially wasteful.