6 Month Results

13»

Replies

• thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Results after six months of strength training on a caloric deficit, with no cardio. I started out on a 5x5 program and just recently switched to 3x5 because the weights were too heavy to keep progressing on 5x5; same program, just lowered the volume. Will be dropping down to 1x5 within the next couple of months before switching to an intermediate program. I workout from 45 min to 1.5 hours three times per week (time gets longer as the weights gets heavier.) No switching programs every month, no "muscle confusion" tactics, just consistency.

Body Stats:
    Body Weight = 246lbs - 225lbs (net loss of 21lbs)
    BF % = 35% - 27% (lost 8% body fat)
    Fat Mass = 87lbs - 60lbs (lost27lbs of fat)
    Fat-free Mass = 159lbs - 165lbs (gained 6lbs of muscle)
    Waist = 44in – 40in (lost 4in off waistline)

Lift Stats:
    Squat = 185lbs - 340lbs
    Bench = 95lbs - 200lbs
    Deadlift = 135lbs - 315lbs
    Press = 65lbs - 125lbs
    Row = 65lbs - 140lbs

you squat more than you deadlift?
    are you sure you're going ATG? or even parallel?
    not trying to hate, but that just doesn't make sense.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Great job Grglandr.

Waiting to read more about this thread. Good job guys.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Results after six months of strength training on a caloric deficit, with no cardio. I started out on a 5x5 program and just recently switched to 3x5 because the weights were too heavy to keep progressing on 5x5; same program, just lowered the volume. Will be dropping down to 1x5 within the next couple of months before switching to an intermediate program. I workout from 45 min to 1.5 hours three times per week (time gets longer as the weights gets heavier.) No switching programs every month, no "muscle confusion" tactics, just consistency.

Body Stats:
    Body Weight = 246lbs - 225lbs (net loss of 21lbs)
    BF % = 35% - 27% (lost 8% body fat)
    Fat Mass = 87lbs - 60lbs (lost27lbs of fat)
    Fat-free Mass = 159lbs - 165lbs (gained 6lbs of muscle)
    Waist = 44in – 40in (lost 4in off waistline)

Lift Stats:
    Squat = 185lbs - 340lbs
    Bench = 95lbs - 200lbs
    Deadlift = 135lbs - 315lbs
    Press = 65lbs - 125lbs
    Row = 65lbs - 140lbs

you squat more than you deadlift?
    are you sure you're going ATG? or even parallel?
    not trying to hate, but that just doesn't make sense.

I don't go ATG because I do low bar squats, which requires a bit more of a lean forward and prevents the verticalness required for ATG. I do hit parallel though (tops of quads are parallel). I already posted as to why my DL is behind my squat, it will balance out in time.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Another possible issue could be quad dominance. I know you don't want to mess the the program too much but Stiff leg deadlifts or glute ham raises could also be beneficial.

Massive lifts Matthew_Gallagher!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Btw -- At my best

Bench: 290 lbs
    Squat: 550 lbs
    Deadlift: 600 lbs
    Press: 185 lbs
    All while I was weighing anywhere from 200 to 210

Fat/weight loss
    Started 215lbs approx 27% bf
    Now 182lbs approx 20% bf
    11 weeks to final fat/weight loss goal of 160lbs at approx 12%

(Then from there I'm going to start adding on the lbs of muscle, because I'm going to feel like a littler girl at 160)
    Final goal 175-185 lbs 8%-12% bf

If you want any tips of advice based on my successes, I'd gladly help.

once you get down to 160lbs are you going to try to maintain that bodyfat pct and gain the 15-25 lbs to get up to 175-185?
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Another possible issue could be quad dominance. I know you don't want to mess the the program too much but Stiff leg deadlifts or glute ham raises could also be beneficial.

Massive lifts Matthew_Gallagher!

The best assistance exercise for deadlifts is deadlifts. Plus since I do low-bar squats instead of high-bar, my posterior chain is already getting hammered.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Plus since I do low-bar squats instead of high-bar, my posterior chain is already getting hammered.

Agreed. When you drop your upper leg below parallel, and take advantage of the bounce, you really engage the hamstrings on the way back up...
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!