My breakfast uses most of my calories

Options
2»

Replies

• JoliDame
    JoliDame Posts: 15
    Options
    and remember your snacks....after breakfast and after lunch so you're never starving.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Eat foods that keep you full longer. Oatmeal with apples is a good option! Protein is good too, so having eggs (which isn't overly high in calories) would keep you fuller longer! Also, eat slower, you'll feel fuller with less food. Maybe eat with your non-dominant hand.

That's an AWESOME tip! My husband eats like a vacuum (everything is gone in 3 seconds) and I always try to make him slow down, now I'm going to make him eat with the other hand!! :flowerforyou:
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    Like everyone else on here said: Oatmeal! Don't buy the sugary microwaveable packets either. Choose a slow cook whole-oat (like Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats: http://www.bobsredmill.com/steel-cut-oats.html -they also come in Gluten Free) and add your own sweetener like fruit or raw sugar. I like a little half & half or milk in mine, too, but that adds calories.

For when I'm not in an oatmeal mood, I really enjoy a breakfast taco: 1 egg, a Tbsp of shredded cheese, black beans, salsa and diced peppers and onions on a small tortilla (whole wheat if you can find it). If I pair it with some lowfat yogurt and/or fruit, it ends up being under 300 calories and completely filling.

I also find that if I pack plenty of snacks for my day and eat them whenever I start to get hungry (almonds, fruit, lowfat cheese stick), then I don't gorge myself at lunch when I just can't contain my hunger anymore.

Good luck!
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow! Didn't realise I'd get so many replies!!! I'm only on here a few days.

How do I share my food diary?

I will try the Oatmeal as I really don't think what I eat in the morning is that much!! Just Special K original with a bit of granola on top. Well that is one thing I didn't think was that fattening GRANOLA! Wow there is alot of calories in it. I think when this box is gone I'll give it a miss from now on.

I have ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but won't get here until next week. Has anyone done this yet? It got some good reviews.

28lbs seems like so much now that I see my food diary!! I'll try to work out now how I share.

Thanks again for all the advice.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my friend says you should eat (in terms of calories) like a prince in the morning, an average person at lunch, and a pauper at dinner. :)

and your friend is wrong. it doesn't matter when you eat your calories.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1896439_1896359_1896345,00.html
  • lemonpeel
    Options
    I like to have a smoothie to start my day, and it keeps me full until lunch. I use half a cup of water, half a banana, a cup of spinach, a handful of baby carrots, milled flax seed, and frozen berries- delicious!