Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Wake up, SleepyHeads!! :tongue:

Got 4 miles in! Last run until my 1/2 marathon!! :bigsmile:

Enjoy your day/runs/rests! :heart:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    We did 3.5 miles this morning. Our Thursday morning runs are great because we start and end at starbucks so coffee afterwards. I got lucky today because it was my turn to treat and only 3 of us ran but it was supposed to be more like 6.

I think we are doing a 5k next wednesday which will be nice because it will be a good run before I go to the outer banks for a week.

Great job on the 4 miles Shannon. I wanted to keep it light today because my shin is acting up. Let us know how you make out on the 1/2 marathon.

Everyone else, have a great run today. I know on the east coast (near philly) the humidity was not that bad this morning. Much easier to breathe.
  • Hey guys! I ended up doing 3 miles and then going to CSI class..I'm suc a lazy bum lately..so going to that class is like the only way to get in any strength! Haha hope everyone enjoys their day..its almost the weekend :happy: !

Happy running ya'll..you guys rock!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Today was speedwork. I ran like someone was chasing me.:laugh:

1 mile warm up.
    1 mile comfortably hard followed by 0.5 mile jog (repeat 3 times).
    1 mile cool down.

The total workout was about 6.5 miles. It was hard! For the first time, comfortably hard was 8:00-8:30 minute miles for me.

Make it a great day everyone
    -Kechie.
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Could I please join your group? Puh-leeeze?:happy:

A little background about me...

I ran my first 5K last weekend in 26:25 after training for only 2 weeks. Now I love to run. I try to run 3-4 miles a day. I would love to run another 5K this summer/fall to see if I can improve my time.

I ran 3.4 mi last night and pulled something in my inner thigh so I might have to take it easy tonight.

I have a question for you-what else do you do besides running? I want to start to incorporate some type of strength training into my workout. There is a trainer at my husband's work who will work with the spouses of employees and come up with a workout plan for them. My husband is asking her today if she will meet with me a make a workout plan for me. I'll let you know how that goes.

kechiemc--I might try speedwork like you did this morning. It sounds like a good way to mix things up.

Way to get out and run first thing in the am. I have 3 young children at home with me all day and I have to wait and run at night when my husband is home, so I won't be posting my workout until night.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    No run again for me.

Did 55min elliptical instead. :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102

I have a question for you-what else do you do besides running? I want to start to incorporate some type of strength training into my workout. There is a trainer at my husband's work who will work with the spouses of employees and come up with a workout plan for them. My husband is asking her today if she will meet with me a make a workout plan for me. I'll let you know how that goes.

Of course, they will let you join...heck they welcomed me with open arms and I've yet to run a mile....:laugh: I am experienced with a trainer though so I wanted to add my two cents about that..

I LOVE IT!!! The trainer can come up with exercises I never would have done on my own and really motivates you to push harder. I have been working with mine for a couple months and am starting to see some definition and I have lost some inches. I say GO for it!!!
  • SherryRH
    No run again for me.

Mireille are you back from your vacation? If so, how was it?
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member

I ran my first 5K last weekend in 26:25 after training for only 2 weeks. Now I love to run. I try to run 3-4 miles a day. I would love to run another 5K this summer/fall to see if I can improve my time.

I ran 3.4 mi last night and pulled something in my inner thigh so I might have to take it easy tonight.

kechiemc--I might try speedwork like you did this morning. It sounds like a good way to mix things up.

Way to get out and run first thing in the am. I have 3 young children at home with me all day and I have to wait and run at night when my husband is home, so I won't be posting my workout until night.

Welcome fitmomof3!:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your 5K pr! 26:25 is an awesome time!

I get up very early to run before my dh heads out to work. It is too hot here otherwise.

Welcome to the group and I look forward to reading your posts daily. This is a wonderful group that checks in daily to report our rests, walks, runs, or other activities.

-Kechie.

Btw, since I started doing a speed or a tempo workout once a week, I have seen some improvement in my running pace.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member

fitmom:
    Welcome to the club! This group is very encouraging and supportive.:heart:
    You asked what else we do besides run. Here's my program. It's been going great and keeping things interesting:

I only run 3 days a week. (One run is speed work, one is a tempo run, and one is a longer run. I was following a program to run a half marathon, and now I'm just continuing those types of workouts since I completed the half marathon a couple weeks ago.)

On the other days I do cross-training of some kind. Usually I do weight lifting (mostly core and arm work) and either swimming or ellliptical. I try to vary what I do and also vary the intensity to keep my body guessing and to avoid boredom. I usually take one day a week off, but sometimes I'll do something light like walking my dog on that day just to earn a few more calories to eat. So far this program is going great and I feel stronger and healthier than I have in a while.

Today is a six mile tempo run for me.

Have a wonderful day everybody!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Good luck on your half Shannon!:heart:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Race day today. Woo Hoo. 6:30 pm race. Wish me luck.

shooting for 20:45 or better on the 5K.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good luck on your half Shannon!:heart:

Thanks!!!

This'll be me Saturday night....... smileyeatingspaghetti.gif & beer.gif

Can't wait!!!!!! th_yipee.gif
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Good luck, you're going to make it!!
  • Mireille
    No run again for me.

Mireille are you back from your vacation? If so, how was it?

I had an amazing vacation. I really didn't want to come back. There is nothing like spending time with family and having them take care of you. lol I didn't clean, do dishes or cook for 7 days!! No wonder I didn't want to come back. I only ran twice while I was there. I figured I wasn't destined to run after almost dying on the treadmill and being chased by a dog while doing my 5 miles. lol
    I was still on vacation mode after I got home and didn't start exercising again until yesterday. :blushing:
    I'm back on track and I look forward to going out for a run. DH schedule hasn't allowed me to get out there this week but this weekend for sure.

Thank you for asking! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Wake up, SleepyHeads!! :tongue:

Got 4 miles in! Last run until my 1/2 marathon!! :bigsmile:

Enjoy your day/runs/rests! :heart:

I'm so excited for you! You will do great!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Race day today. Woo Hoo. 6:30 pm race. Wish me luck.

shooting for 20:45 or better on the 5K.

Good luck on your race today!
    You are fast as lightning! :flowersforyou: :flowersforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Good Luck Shannon!!

Good Luck Banks!!

Wow, so many races!! So exciting!
    Well today was a 2 miler and strength/circuit training but I decided to do a test on my 1.5 mile and I made it in 13:38 - one of my best times yet!! Yeah - shaved two minutes from April's time.

What did I do differently these past few months? I always enjoy running 3-4 miles but this time I decided to do interval training and lots of different lengths and learning to hold myself back on my "easy" runs and not do intervals!! haha. So, I am very proud of myself :bigsmile: and wanted to share!!

As far as what else I do, circuit training (love it!!) personal trainers are great for it! Also, biking and walking, swimming -- that sort of thing. I don't like the ellipticals here so I avoid them but usually that too.

Tomorrow Rest day, ahhhhh. Happy trails!
  • SherryRH
    Good luck with your race tonight Banks. Make sure to let us know if you reached your time goal.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Best of luck tonight, Banks! Churn out that 20 minute time - you can do it!

Today I did my 7 mile tempo run: 1 mile warm-up, 5 miles at a 8.23 pace, then a 1 mile cool-down.

Enjoy the rest of the day, runners!

:heart: