Beginners 30 Day Shred Challenge starts 4/17--first 10

Options
Hi everyone! My sister (Better_Balance_2011) and I are starting a challenge with the 30 Day Shred.

WHEN: Starts Sunday, 4/17 and lasts for 30 consecutive days

WHO: The FIRST 10 PEOPLE to sign up (in addition to me and sis)

HOW: We will do the 30 Day Shred for 30 consecutive days as follows:
--Day 1-10 will be Level 1
--Day 11-20 will be Level 2
--Day 21-30 will be Level 3

REQUIREMENTS:
--Post your starting weight and measurements on Day 1, and post final weight and measurements on Day 30
--Check in at least three times per week to let everyone know how you're doing and if you're staying on track, or missed a day, provide support, etc
--It is totally fine to do other exercise in addition to the 30 Day Shred, but the goal is to do the 30 Day Shred day for 30 consecutive days. If you have the time and energy to do additional workouts that is great, but the Shred comes first!

RULES:
--First timers only--no one who has completed an entire cycle of the Shred, but okay to join if you started, didn't finish etc
--Limited to the first 10 to join
--No late starters--we will start on Sunday 4/17, so if you join the group you better make sure to get your DVD and weights today or tomorrow if you don't already have them!!

Let's do this!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Mine actually came in the mail today! And my roommate bought a whole bunch of other Jillian Michaels dvds. I don't have a tape measure to do measurements yet, but I'll be sure to try and get one soon!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Mine actually came in the mail today! And my roommate bought a whole bunch of other Jillian Michaels dvds. I don't have a tape measure to do measurements yet, but I'll be sure to try and get one soon!

Welcome!!! If you don't have a tape measure you can always use a piece of string, ribbon, etc to wrap around designated body part and then just measure that length with a ruler. Or you can find a tape measure for a buck or two at Target, Walmart, etc.
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    Good for you ladies! I recently started a similar challenge on my own. Actually, today was officially halfway through my shred challenge and halfway through level two, which is killer, by the way. Anyway, good luck, you'll be amazing! If you want to read about my experience I've been blogging all along about it, www.theformerlyfrumpymama.com. Again, WTG! If you stay dedicated, you will go to bed proud of yourselves every night.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    www.theformerlyfrumpymama.blogspot.com oops. I'm still working on the actual website.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I wanna do it!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Oh...I'm already in. :) I gotta Fo get the video. I assume that won't be a problem
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have the 30 day shred already, but I've never made it out of Level 1 and this is just the motivation I'm looking for! I'm a tax prepared and tax season is over now...so starting 4/17 will be great! Can't wait!! :)
  • gsallit
    gsallit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Oh...I'm already in. :) I gotta Fo get the video. I assume that won't be a problem

Of course you're in, silly! You are my sister, right? You should be able to find the DVD just about anywhere. Y.ou'll also need some light weights
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I wanna do it!

You're in dayzeerock!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I'm in! I have the 30 day shred already, but I've never made it out of Level 1 and this is just the motivation I'm looking for! I'm a tax prepared and tax season is over now...so starting 4/17 will be great! Can't wait!! :)

Gottcha afasnacht! We'll get you out of level 1!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I'm in!!!!

Welcome gsallit!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    SIX SPOTS LEFT! Any more takers?
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I will join!!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where I would be able to buy it....I've been contemplating it for a while now. Target.com says they don't sell it in stores...is this true?! I could have SWORN I've seen it there!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I will join

Great, welcome!!!!

FIVE spots left!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where I would be able to buy it....I've been contemplating it for a while now. Target.com says they don't sell it in stores...is this true?! I could have SWORN I've seen it there!

I've seen it at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. Maybe give them a call to see if they have it. You also need some light dumbells--or you use canned goods if you don't have any weights.
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    I've got the dumbells and everything...Target is on my way home so I'll stop in....it's weird the website said that because I swear I almost bought it there once. Hopefully they have it!
  • jgaht
    jgaht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got the video today. I have some knee issues so I plan on having to modify quite a bit, but I really want to do this. I desperately need the support and accountability. Can't wait to see how this goes! :)