what are ya reading....

Options
jackeh
jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
Looking for a new book to read.... I just finished reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini OMG it was so good definately on my top 5 list of all time... i think i cried through more than half the book:blushing:

jackie

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Looking for a new book to read.... I just finished reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini OMG it was so good definately on my top 5 list of all time... i think i cried through more than half the book:blushing:

jackie
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    'the town that forgot how to breath'
  • greysweatshirt
    Options

jackie

Have you seen the movie? I saw it and really liked it. I didn't know if it was close to the book. I've found that the books are almost ALWAYS better than the movie.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    No Country For Old Men

Pretty good so far.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    The Kite Runner. I have not started that one yet. I heard it was excellent.

I'm reading the Double Bind. Not sure right now who wrote it (I don't have it here with me). But what I have read so far is excellent. Be sure to read the intro, because it does help make sense of what is going on in the book.

I skipped it at first read the first two chapters and was like "?":ohwell: Once I read the first few pages before the chapters actually start it all came to me.

I think you'd like it
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I just finished Nights in Rodanthe by Nicolas Sparks, it was a good love story. I just started The Glass Castle.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    The choice of Nicholas sparks. Very good.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am reading Jack and Jill by James Patterson right now. It is the third book in the Alex Cross series. I am reading them in order again before I start on the 3 latest ones I haven't read yet. Patterson is so prolific it is hard to keep up! (especially when you are like me and have many favorite authors that are also prolific!)
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

jackie

Have you read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" (also by Hosseini)? It is such a beautiful (sad) story - I couldn't put it down. I loved "The Kite Runner" as well.

I recently finished "Codex 632" - a novel about the true identity of Christopher Colombus (kind of along the Da Vinci Code lines), and even though I'm no history buff - it was fascinating because the author used so many actual historical documents and the story line held my attention (which history classes never have :laugh: ).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could stand to watch "The Kite Runner" in movie form with as much as I cried reading the book too!

I'm getting ready to start "Running with Scissors" by August Burroughs (maybe... sounds like the right name).
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The Historian is a great book that I read a few months ago. Also Promise not to tell.
  • MFS27
    Options
    I don't think I could stand to watch "The Kite Runner" in movie form with as much as I cried reading the book too!

I'm getting ready to start "Running with Scissors" by August Burroughs (maybe... sounds like the right name).

I also read "Running with Scissors" - and keep in mind that it is supposedly a memoir. The story line is so out-of-this-world (in a good attention-grabbing way). I'm not totaly sure how truthful it is to the author's real life (think "A Million Little Pieces".) BUT it is a good read!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I also read "Running with Scissors" - and keep in mind that it is supposedly a memoir. The story line is so out-of-this-world (in a good attention-grabbing way). I'm not totaly sure how truthful it is to the author's real life (think "A Million Little Pieces".) BUT it is a good read!

Have you read "Glass Castle" (or the Glass Castle, maybe). It's a memoir about neglectful parents that is un-freakin'-believable too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hey guys....

would you be interested in a book club???

One book a month, selected by a participating member. Meeting up in person isn't feasible, but we could make a thread about the book , with the person who made the selection kicking off the discussion of the book.

Whaddya think??
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • MFS27
    Options

Have you read "Glass Castle" (or the Glass Castle, maybe). It's a memoir about neglectful parents that is un-freakin'-believable too.

Ohhh..no, I haven't read that one yet! I just googled it, and looks good. I'll add it my list "to-read" and see if the library has it. I rarely buy books (I'd be broke if I did :laugh: ) so the library is my 2nd best friend!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Ohhh..no, I haven't read that one yet! I just googled it, and looks good. I'll add it my list "to-read" and see if the library has it. I rarely buy books (I'd be broke if I did :laugh: ) so the library is my 2nd best friend!

check out www.paperbackswap.com
    That is how I get all my books.
  • MFS27
    Options
    Hey guys....

One book a month, selected by a participating member. Meeting up in person isn't feasible, but we could make a thread about the book , with the person who made the selection kicking off the discussion of the book.

Whaddya think??
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Great idea Lauryn - I'm game! Maybe start a new post with "Book Club: Month" in the title?
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer:smile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....

Whaddya think?

Great idea!!!

• MFS27
    Options

check out www.paperbackswap.com
    That is how I get all my books.

WOW!! Thank you - I checked out the website and it is awesome - will def try it out!