Gluten Free pizza crust... amazing!

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Gluten-Free_Pizza_Crust.htm

Makes 4-8 servings

2 cups whole milk organic mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used Sargento part skim)
2 large organic eggs (we get eggs from a local farmer)
2 tablespoons flax meal (Hodgson Mill)
2 tablespoons coconut flour (Bob's Red Mill)
½ teaspoon baking powder
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper out for baking sheet.

Mix cheese, eggs, flax, coconut flour, and baking powder together until a sticky wet dough is formed. Spread with a spatula to ¼ inch thickness on a baking sheet lined with one piece of parchment paper. (I made it into 4 mini pizzas instead of 1 large one)

Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Halfway through the baking process, flip crust over by sliding it off the baking sheet with the parchment paper, placing the second piece on the sheet, and turning the crust over unto the new sheet and peeling the old paper off. Return to oven until done baking.

Remove from oven, slide off of parchment paper, and flip over again for cooling. Once crust is cooled, top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Set crust with toppings under the broiler on high for a minute or two until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.

I was kind of skeptical about this *crust*. But it was sooooo good. Even my hubby devoured it and said it was awesome. It gets crunchy and really makes a crispy, cheesy crust.

Total calories for the entire crust recipe... 900 calories/ 30g carb/ 40g fat/ 56g protein/ 1,520 mg sodium

For 8 servings... 1 serving is 113 calories/ 4g carb/ 7g fat/ 9g protein/ 208mg sodium

For 4 servings... 1 serving is 225 calories/ 8g carb/ 14g fat/ 18g protein/ 415mg sodium

It is in the database under Gluten Free Coconut Pizza Crust.

Replies

• ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    BUMP

Seriously, you have to try it out!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump because Jess has awesome recipes!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    bump because Jess has awesome recipes!
    Awww, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!!!! I have been craving pizza for so long but being Gluten free its so hard to find a good recipe!!!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! I'll have to share it with my mother and try it for our home too! Thanks!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bum pity bump
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I am going to pass this recipe along to my mom. My dad was just diagnosed as a celiac last fall (at age 68), and GOOD pizza crust is something he has sorely been missing. Thanks for sharing!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Thanks - I will be passing this along to my daughter who is gluten intolerant.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I am going to pass this recipe along to my mom. My dad was just diagnosed as a celiac last fall (at age 68), and GOOD pizza crust is something he has sorely been missing. Thanks for sharing!

I know, me too!!! That free coconut site has some great recipes. I think I'll try out the coconut tortillas next. :bigsmile: BTW, I found the Bob's Red Mill coconut flour at Schnuck's in the health foods section, I think they carry it at a lot of stores now.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yum.. You are a blessing in disguise:) I love pizza's & have been looking for a gluten free way of making it at home.. Yummy. This will be in my next week's meals plan... thanks a ton:)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yum.. You are a blessing in disguise:) I love pizza's & have been looking for a gluten free way of making it at home.. Yummy. This will be in my next week's meals plan... thanks a ton:)

Let me know when you try it out!

And I added a picture in my photos of my 4 gluten free pizzas. :bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    thanks Jess!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh yeah :D
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    thanks Jess!!

You're welcome. And it's good warmed up the next day too. :wink:
  • BeesKnees123
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I have a severe gluten intolerance. Rheumy said to stay away from gluten. :flowerforyou: