ONLINE BIATHLON

Options

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna give this a try, my biking will have to be stationary bike though. I'm not much of a cyclist, but would love to get a road bike. I'm a runner that has lost motivation and endurance. Thank you! I will start Monday, option 1 to start out slow

Really proud that you are giving it a go! Stationery bike is FINE!!! This might be the motivation to get you back as a runner - I have just gone through the same issue a few weeks back so I completely understand!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm probably crazy for this since I just very recently started a little jogging and haven't done biking of any kind in a long time... but I am going to commit to option 1 and see what I can do.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I want to try this, but I have no idea which option to pick. For the cycling, I ride to work usually 3 days a week now, so the only option that would be a challenge is option 3, but there is no way I can do option 3 for the running. I'm new to running and still working on getting through Couch to 5K! Can I mix them up?? Can I go for option 1 for the running and option 3 for the cycling? So, 10km for running and 100km for riding? I think that's the only way it would be a challenge for me.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Doing Option Two:

As of Sunday 4/17/11
    Run Goal 20k: 20k to go
    Ride Goal 50k: 30k to go
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Alright, I'm probably crazy for this since I just very recently started a little jogging and haven't done biking of any kind in a long time... but I am going to commit to option 1 and see what I can do.

Tabby you are amazing and i bet you are fitter than you think! Good on you!!
  • bunnysone
    Options
    I want to try this, but I have no idea which option to pick. For the cycling, I ride to work usually 3 days a week now, so the only option that would be a challenge is option 3, but there is no way I can do option 3 for the running. I'm new to running and still working on getting through Couch to 5K! Can I mix them up?? Can I go for option 1 for the running and option 3 for the cycling? So, 10km for running and 100km for riding? I think that's the only way it would be a challenge for me.

Give option 3 a go, see how you feel and you might end up doing the running as an occasional run with some walking. if you manage 100km on a bike and even 20km running and walking that's really something to be proud of !!
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Doing Option Two:

As of Sunday 4/17/11
    Run Goal 20k: 20k to go

Wonderful John - making a great start!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

Give option 3 a go, see how you feel and you might end up doing the running as an occasional run with some walking. if you manage 100km on a bike and even 20km running and walking that's really something to be proud of !!

I will try option 3. I'm not overly confident here, but... like you said... if I can manage the biking part and at least part of the running that would be good. Starting tomorrow!!! :)
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Doing Option Two:

As of Monday 4/18/11
    Run Goal 20k: 15k to go
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run goal 40km - 25.5km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: 72.3km to go
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run/Walk goal 40km - 29.09 km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: 91.31 km to go
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Option Two:
    Day 3
    Run Goal 20k: 15k to go
    Ride Goal 50k: 20k to go
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run/Walk goal 40km - 29.09 km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: 67.17 km to go
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run Goal 40km: 40 km to go
    Cycle Goal 100km: 75.34 km to go
  • aimstein
    aimstein Posts: 94
    Options
    Option #2
    Day 2

20 km Run - 15.2 km to go
    50 km Bike - 30.1 km to go
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run/Walk goal 40km - 23.41 km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: 67.17 km to go

Totally forgot to add my run/walk... I'm a goob.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run Goal 40km: 36.44 km to go
    Cycle Goal 100km: 75.34 km to go

Did Couch to 5K Week 4 Day 3. Wanted to come back and log it. Feels good to have knocked at least something off of the running part!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Option #1

Run/Walk goal 10k - 2k to go
    Cycle goal 25k - 7.85k to go
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Option 1

Run/Walk goal 10k - 3k done
    Cycle goal 25k - 0 done

recently lost my love of the sport (running), trying to get my passion and endurance back. The kids only have 1 week left of soccer, then I can concentrate more on my own fitness. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow night to get some cycling in.
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run goal 40km - 25.5km to go

Update as of end of day Wednesday:

Run goal 40km - 15.2km to go