how many calories do you intake daily?

Options
killer_cupcake
killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
today i did 800 calories which i feel realy guilty about because i've been on a 500 calorie diet and i ate 300 more then i was suppose too!! UGHH!! minor set back minor set back!!
*thinking positive*

Replies

• samwise69
    Options
    eat
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    2000 never gulity
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be eating more than 500 calories a day!!!!!!! What kind of diet are you on, girl?
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    It isn't recommended to have any less than 1,200 calories a day. At 500 calories you are basically starving yourself. It isn't healthy and can cause a lot of health issues.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    500 calorie diet? Sounds horrible.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Err... why exactly are you only taking in 500 calories? Have you got any results out of it?

I eat 2400 calories and I lost a pound in a week through proper diet and exercise.
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    umm your daily was 800?? thats horrible. your supposed to get at least 1200! dont starve yourself. enjoy your food dont hate it. you need it to fuel your body to lose anything
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You are only on a 500 calorie a day diet? That is way too low. Were you told by a doctor to only have that much? I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet.

Sorry if I sound like I am criticizing but I get concerned when I hear of people eating too few calories.
  • killer_cupcake
    Options
    yeah i've been losing 10lbs every two weeks with 30 mins a day workouts
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    YIkes 500 cals a day is horrible and sooo unhealthy! Your body cannot function correctly with that. You need minimal 1200. I take in 1200 ~ 1400 daily im very short 4 11 and still losing weight.
  • mrphil86
    Options
    yeah i've been losing 10lbs every two weeks with 30 mins a day workouts

How have you not fallen over and died yet? Your body must be SCREAMING in pain right now.

You might be loosing muscle mass instead of fat. You need to get a density check to make sure. That is almost to rapid for fat.
  • killer_cupcake
    Options
    Not realy I've been doing good i haven't realy even been hungry to tell you the truth but my husband nagged me into eating a subway sandwhich and it threw me over my calorie limmit
  • mrphil86
    Options
    Well when you workout and your sweat smell like ammonia (Which I can almost guarantee it will) ... That means your body is eating away at your muscles and you wont be burning fat.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not being hungry isn't a good thing, it means ur metabolism is shot. Ur body is in starvation mode for sure, which means metabolism slows and holds on for dear life and burns lean muscle for energy. Not good! Yes u will lose weight but them minute u got back to eating "normal" u will pack on the weight and then some, because of the slowed metabolism. Google BMR calculator and don't go below that number. Initially u might think its not working but its cuz your body has to re adjust. Trust me I have been there and done some crazy things to lose weight. I have learned over the years less isn't more, there is no magic pill its about eating better and being more active. I hope u understand our concern:) Add me and check out ny diary eat more and trust ne I am happier cuz of it
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit as a 5'8" man doing absolutely no exercise yet is 1370 per day. I'm always under that goal by 100 calories or so, not from lack of trying though. Today I logged 1 lb loss which is 1.6 for the week. Mfp recommends a net after exercise of 1200 this is a healthy number, I recommend seeing a doctor if you plan on continuing this diet.
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    Well when you workout and your sweat smell like ammonia (Which I can almost guarantee it will) ... That means your body is eating away at your muscles and you wont be burning fat.

Sorry to highjack your thread but is that true mrphil? My husband was working in a hot area and was doing the equivalent of a workout everyday and complained about a smell similar to ammonia. He also didnt lose any weight.

I agree with everyone that 500cals is too low, your body will go into starvation.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I do 1340 a day sometimes 500 if I'm doing major cardio I've met several people on thevHCG diet that do 300 to 500 a day it's not healthy and when they start to eat again they gain it all back also they can't work out more than 30 min a day because the body cannot handle it on such a low caloric intake.
  • VerySherry
    Options
    I am taking in 1800 calories a day...Are you doing the HCG diet?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Sorry to highjack your thread but is that true mrphil? My husband was working in a hot area and was doing the equivalent of a workout everyday and complained about a smell similar to ammonia. He also didnt lose any weight.

I agree with everyone that 500cals is too low, your body will go into starvation.

I know my brother who used to be my gym buddy always smelled like ammonia,and he ate ALOT and really well so I dont think it 100% means that
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    Anywhere from 1300 to 1600 calories a day.

As everyone else said, 500 calories a day is nowhere near enough!