how many calories do you intake daily?

Options

Replies

• themotivatedmomster
    themotivatedmomster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, 500 calories a day sounds dangerous without doctor consent. i eat no more 1690 a day.
  • lockhartkitchen
    Options
    500 is way to low, especially with exercise put in there too. Results will not stay off, unfortunately. Our bodies need a consistent loss not drastic. An average of 2 pounds a week is suggested.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1500 a day plus more when I exercise. Im 5'10. I'd be interested to see what other tall women are eating.
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and it's 1410 calories a day when I don't exercise.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1900 to 2500 depending on my workouts. I have extra cals for nursing on top of what MFP tells me to eat.
  • lillypimprock
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my recommended is a base of 1200 plus extra calories for exercise. I've been averaging between 1200-1650/day.

My mother did HCG at 165 lbs and 5'10". She lost the 25 lbs she wanted but gained it all back. She was also 50 at the time, and has had to work 2x harder than most to keep the awesome figure she has. All those fad diets and starvation diets DO NOT work. Always gain it back. As everyone here knows, its best to simply make lifestyle changes and stick to them to lose/maintain our figures.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1500 calories but eat from 1200-1500 net per day. :smile:
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    500 cals is not enough youa re starving your body increase to 1200 and you will lose more weight then you are at 500 you body is trying to hold onto everything
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    No offense but you're kind of a bigger person, and you're probably losing weight so quickly because it's waterweight. I think everyone on here agrees that for a female the average intake should be about 1200 daily, and perhaps more for exercise added in. What it comes down to is quality not quantity. Who knows? That sub sandwich could have been the healthiest amount of calories you've ingested in awhile. The 500 calorie diet may be working for now, but it isn't something you'll be able to keep up and remain healthy.

Although I honestly think this topic was made purely for the shock value of it. You can see from plenty of posts that eating such a small amount of calories is not what makes a person lose weight, it is the food choices and an active lifestyle as well.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I have 1580 everyday and I'm losing weight and feeling great :) You should def stay above 1200!! Dont let your body go into starvation mode bc then it'll take forever to lose the weight :(
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    about 1500...
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    no more than 1584
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im taking in roughly 1700 a day give or take a bit, and thats with exercise. if i dont exercise its less.

Im not really losing weight on it though :(
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I average about 1500 cals. I have had a couple of off plan days lately but when I am on I try to eat the majority of my exercise calories and that puts me at around 1500-1700 cals.

I have my numbers set at 1200 but that even feels like not enough food to keep me going through the day.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I'm not going to judge. I hope that your diet is managed by your physician since i know that there are medically supervised weight loss programs that target 500 calories a day. I did that once and lost 100 pounds. However, I do want to say that in the end, keeping it off was very difficult because transitioning from 500 calories per day back to a normal diet, even 1200 per day was a huge battle with the scale. Be safe and make sure that someone is watching your nutrition and monitoring all the right stuff. Don't feel guilty when you eat something 1 time. Don't make it a habit, just a once in a while exception and it might keep you from going on a total binge in the long run.

Good luck!

I try to stay at 1200 calories but I do allow myself days where I go over.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    im taking in roughly 1700 a day give or take a bit, and thats with exercise. if i dont exercise its less.

Seems like you are @ or near a healthy weight. I would go down to 1200-1400 per day pre exercise is you really wish to lose more.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Between 1200 and 1500 depending on whether or not I work out. 500 is low if you aren't working out, it is ridiculously low if you are. You can't be getting nearly enough nutrition eating only 500 calories a day. Unless you are working with a doctor and are on a very strict diet to ensure you are getting enough nutrition you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day. If you aren't hungry eating that few calories a day your metabolism has probably slowed down drastically.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i had 1418 eaten but net 1075..i should have probably eaten a little of my exercise cals, but i wasnt hungry. plus i think i ate enough. but 500 cals, that is RIDICULOUS!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

Seems like you are @ or near a healthy weight. I would go down to 1200-1400 per day pre exercise is you really wish to lose more.

my goal is 1330 pre-exercise, but i keep gaining at the moment. Im hoping its muscle
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    too many, thats why i'm here!