Replies

• Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My first album was Prince's Purple Rain
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Cassettes of I'm the Man by Anthrax and Back for the Attack by Dokken. I was 10 or 11.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy Record Store Day! I hope everyone gets a chance to go out and support their local shop(s) today. Well, and always for that matter. It's great to see so many people acknowledging Record Store Day this year. I'm getting a degree in music business, so it's really close to my heart. :heart:

Anyway, the first CD I can remember purchasing with my own allowance was Savage Garden's self titled album (CD).
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is great! I got my first cassette I was in grade 8 and in the hospital for a short stay. My aunt bought me the Dirty Dancing soundtrack :blushing: The first one I bought on my own, with babysitting money, was Janet Jackson (I think it was called Control)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

And before that I played stone records with a little birds beak. Like the Flintstones.

We used a snake's fang to play our stone records.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Adam Ant - Friend or Foe on vinyl. I still have it, in fact!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My Dad used to get so mad when we wanted to listen to U2 or General Public, etc. in the car - he would retaliate w/ Englebert Humperdinck (<== the name makes me giggle).

Not to go totally off subject, but ever see Eddie Izzard's routine on how Englebert Humperdinck got his name? Hysterical! Here's a quote:

His name changed from Gerry Dorsey to Engelbert Humperdinck. I mean, I just wanted to be in the room when they were working that one through:

"Zingelbert Bembledack! Yingybert Dambleban! Zangelbert Bingledack! Wingelbert Humptyback! … Slut Bunwalla!"

"What?!"

"All right, Kringelbert Fishtybuns! Steviebuns Bottrittrundle –"

"No, Gerry Dorsey! I like Gerry Dorsey!"

"No, we can't, who we got? Zingelbert Bembledack, Tringelbert Wangledack, Slut Bunwalla, Klingybun Fistelvase, Dindlebert Zindledack, Gerry Dorsey, Engelbert Humptyback, Zengelbert Bingledack, Engelbert Humperdinck, Vingelbert Wingledanck –"

"No, no, go back one!"
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Adam Ant - Friend or Foe on vinyl. I still have it, in fact!
    The first record I ever bought myself was "Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver" on Vinyl (45rpm)

I can't remember what the first cassette or CD I bought was
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options

And before that I played stone records with a little birds beak. Like the Flintstones.

We used a snake's fang to play our stone records.

You young'uns got spoiled by the latest technology.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I was 6-years old and I bought Jackie DeShannon's, "Put a little love in your heart" album? Because I liked her??? No..because I recognized my name on the cover. :laugh:

My brother who was worldly & wise (at 10) warned me against it, but I had to have it!! :explode:

He was right, it sucked! :laugh:
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, let me think...I had much older sisters so the first music I remember hearing at a very young age was by The Carpenters and my absolute fav at a very early age was the Partridge Family/David Cassisdy. I was gifted many Donny & Marie albums (I lived for their show on Fri nights,LOL) but the first purchase I can remember with my own money was a 45 of Paul McCarty/Wings - Jett. My first 8 Track was Boston.
  • Umrt54
    Umrt54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Warrant "Cherry Pie" on cassette. That hurts a little to admit.