@ ace175

i no i cant starve myself..
    im just not a very patient person..
    i no weight loss takes time..
    but iv lost os many summers being fat,
    i want to be fit for the summer.
    thats my main goal atm!

and about ur previouse comment.
    i tryed moderating my chocolate amount to still get my cravings.
    we'd buy a ba of minstrels and i'd decide that every other hour i could have a minstrel!
    and it worked for the most part!
    but then i accidently knocked over the bag reaching for just 1,
    and my fionce went mental at me saying that i was being stupid,
    and to stop being perfetic and just take a handful!

and if he told you to walk off a cliff would you? stop blaming him, for choices you make. hate to be harsh but thats the way life is. weight loss is not a quick and instant thing. follow the mfp guidelines built into the site and you will see results they may take time but you will be doing it healthily and will have longer lasting results. have you got a tape measure? have you seen how small 23" actually is when you form a circle? its tiny. eat more fruit and veg, drink more water, cut out the chocolate (we all have cravings but they lessen with time if you don't keep giving in to them) and stop feeling so sorry for yourself and making excuses. feel free to friend i'm very straight talking but i also have my weaknesses and try and work round them
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    have you talked to a dr? it could be a thyroid issues, pcos, or many other things. he can even prescribe something to boost your metabolism if you arent against medications
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    @ westcoastSW

lol my perants kicked me out quite a few years ago, i have no siblings, i left school at 14 so i have no teachers to talk to, and i lost all my friends to weed... so my fionce is the person i talk to lol.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Doesnt any one get it. Look at her diary...shes taking the Pi** out of every one. I mean you really dont get why youre not loosing weight...isnt it obvious....OMG Im not even going to waste any more time on this...
  • Helice
    Options
    @ whiskey9890

u are completely right..
    iv just always been a quitter.. and i guess its just become the easy option out.
  • Helice
    Options
    @ SarahGleave

if i knew why i wasnt looseing weight than i would chnage it wouldnt i..

i get alot of people here are like wtf..

but if u dont like it.. just leave.
    u dont have to have a go at me for it!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @ westcoastSW

lol my perants kicked me out quite a few years ago, i have no siblings, i left school at 14 so i have no teachers to talk to, and i lost all my friends to weed... so my fionce is the person i talk to lol.
    Then that is the perfect place to start. Work on building a supportive system around you. We all need relationships that help us to grow as people (not just in weightloss, but in life). I truly encourage you to find someone you can reach out to, even if that's on this site - as I said, friend me and I will talk to you more. But I really believe that you need to work on yourself as a person, in the psychological/spiritual/social sense, before beginning a weight loss goal.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    you're right quitting is easy. thats why the things that are worth having take time and effort, you get out of something what you put into it. you keep putting cheap and nasty fuel into the body, and that amazing piece of machinery is going to start breaking down on you, if you look after it and respect it, you will see that body take you places even if its years down the line when you are still a fit and active pensioner
  • nomoredrivin
    nomoredrivin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    and am now on this silly diet where i try to make my net amount of calories in the minuses each day...
    (where if i eat 1,000 calories, i exercise 1,010).

you should NOT burn more than you eat in a day. your body will feel starved and you will binge. plus it's unhealthy
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow...

Helice, it seems you've tried everything, but the right approach!

Your goals are pretty much unachievable... 500 calories a day? 23" inch waist and 13" thighs?? (Those things are only possible if you're naturally built to be that slim as bone structure will determine waist size.)

Then, looking through a weeks worth of your diary.... a chocolate easter egg for breakfast? 4000 calories of chocolate and 50 cals of exercise? It's all wrong!

You need to cut out the processed junk food crap and focus on real food, amazing, nutrient rich foods that are going to fuel your body. You need to aim for at least 1200 calories a day and use those 1200 calories to pack a nutrient punch. You need to do realistic exercise for you, whether that's going for an hours walk to an hour down the gym, do something that you enjoy! On one day you seemed to burn about 2000 cals? What exercise did you have to do to burn that much? It doesn't seem realistic to try and achieve that on a daily basis!

Have a good read around the forums, make friends with people who are willing and able to 'coach' you through this process and then put in the required effort. If you do it right, you will see results. And they won't happen over night, it could and should take you weeks and months to lose weight at a realistic rate.

And again, you've neglected to tell us your height and current weight, that could change the advise that you're given quite drastically!

People here are willing to help you, just be willing to accept and heed their advice!

I agree with this entire comment. Since you have your daily goal set so low at 500-1000 calories, its no wonder that you end up binging and eating 3-4000 calories in one day! Your body is probably trying to tell you to feed it!

1. I'm 20, and have been overweight all of my life, but Myfitnesspal has been an invaluable resource to help me lose weight. I suggest truly trying it for a month or two, completing the workouts AND meeting/being near your calorie goals the website recommends for you before giving up. If you have been yo-yo dieting (which from the posts I've read earlier, you are), your metabolism is probably a bit haywire right now. It might take a few weeks if not months of eating right (meaning at LEAST 1200 calories of nutritious food) and at least moderate exercise before it regulates again. You're young, so notwithstanding any major health concerns it should return to normal.

2. Your fiancée does not sound very supportive of your weight loss goals. I suggest you have a long talk with him about how bringing unhealthy food around you sabotages your efforts to eat well. If he doesn't listen/get better, you might want to think twice about getting married to him - harsh, maybe but definitely better for you in the long run.

3. I know some of the advice might seem tough, but trust me when I say all of us are here to support you to make your goals. But weight loss doesn't happen overnight, just like gaining it didn't occur overnight. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I want my weight loss to occur faster, but the fact that I'm seeing the scale go down every week is enough to keep me focused.

If you need advice/help with anything, just add me - I hope you're able to lose the weight you want, healthily so you can keep it off.
  • nelliemosa
    Options
    I'm so saddened by what you've written and your responses to people's suggestions. I don't even know where to begin, but seriously, at what point are you actually going to take responsibility for your own life here and stop making excuses?

Weight loss is not rocket science. It's calories in vs calories out, some sensible decisions and a decent dose of exercise. You're not losing weight because your entire lifestyle is against you. Eating KFC and easter eggs is not going to help you lose weight, and unless your boyfriend force feeds you, that's YOUR decision. You are the one putting the food in your mouth and it's down to you to put that right.

Stop with the ridiculous faddy diets, they don't work for a reason and you're probably doing more harm than good in the long term. If you're not earning money, I imagine you think "I can't afford to eat healthy home cooked food". WRONG. KFC, McDonalds and pre-packaged ready meals are all way more expensive than cooking fresh at home. I literally save £200 a month so it CAN BE DONE.

Weight loss is not easy - if it were, everyone would be slim and healthy. It's hard bloody work and takes more guts and determination that most people can ever know. I understand this, the people of MFP understand this so please take some notice of the advice they give you. If you really and truly want to do this for yourself, it's simple. Put the effort in and see the results for yourself. Harsh but true I'm afraid.
  • Helice
    Options
    @ everyone... lol

i know ur all right.
    i know im being silly.
    i know i need to eat more, and eat healthier..
    and i know i propberlly have some mental problems..

but...
    i dunno, i'v got this brillinat idea in my mind..
    that if i eat hardly anything then il loose weight, and in time for summer..
    and then as i get close to my target il eat more and more and exercise less, until i stay at a constant weight...
    and it just all looks so perfect in my head...
    and i dont want to detear away from it..

the thought of a different diet..
    it just doesnt have the same happy ending in my head...
  • leomentlines
    Options
    @ everyone... lol

i know ur all right.
    i know im being silly.
    i know i need to eat more, and eat healthier..
    and i know i propberlly have some mental problems..

but...
    i dunno, i'v got this brillinat idea in my mind..
    that if i eat hardly anything then il loose weight, and in time for summer..
    and then as i get close to my target il eat more and more and exercise less, until i stay at a constant weight...
    and it just all looks so perfect in my head...
    and i dont want to detear away from it..

the thought of a different diet..
    it just doesnt have the same happy ending in my head...

Here's the thing - you haven't said how much weight you're trying to lose..if it's 10-20 pounds by summer, then you might be able to accomplish that by summer's end. But if you have larger weight loss goals than that, you have to be realistic with yourself and accept that you likely won't make that goal.

I know it sounds backwards, but you have to EAT to LOSE weight. Not eating runs the risk of starvation mode. Starvation mode = food you DO eat being added as fat to the body.

Focus on eating better foods daily. For one, cut out the white bread and replace it with whole wheat instead. If you ate purely/mostly clean foods, you might be surprised how much food you're allowed to eat.
  • Helice
    Options
    @ leomentlines

i dont really want to loose weight,
    no one is going to be pixking me up anytime soon..
    so i cant say it really bothers me..

but my goal at the moment is to drop a dress size for my holiday, and i have 68 day left from today.
    well a dress size and a half preferably.
    but i'd be over joyed with 1!
  • leomentlines
    Options
    Alright,

Since you are more interested in toning your body more than weight loss, you still need to focus on eating more calories a day as well as getting regular exercise in. You mentioned that your fiancée was unwilling to pay the cost of P90x, but have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30? I'm not sure how much it is in the UK, but here in the States its usually $9-$10 for each DVD. That might be a bit more reasonable on the pocket, since its much cheaper for both than it is P90x.

Try exercising using either or both of these tapes at least 4-5 times a week for a month and see how you look/feel afterwards. If you look through the Success Stories on here, MANY people have achieved results using the DVDs.

If you don't want to shell out any money at all, look on youtube for some exercise routines - they usually aren't as high production as DVDs you buy in a store, but still provide good results.

Either way, you HAVE to start eating more. Here's an excellent guide to take with you when you go shopping - it gives you an idea of the best and worst foods you can eat in order to get in better shape:

http://www.focused-on-fitness.com/nutrition/michis-ladder.php
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I just went through a month of your food diary and I can tell you 100% for certain why your are not losing weight. Your diet consists of cookies, cakes, icecream, candy, and kfc. EVERYDAY. Sometimes you have ice cream for breakfast! Not too long ago you ate 10 slices of dominos pizza.
    If you REALLY wanted to lose weight you would give up ALL OF THAT and eat healthy foods such as home-baked chicken breasts, vegetables, baked ham, rice..... you know, HEALTHY foods. I didn't see a single healthy food anywhere in that month of your logging.
    Honestly, I'm starting to think you are a troll. This is too ridiculous to be real. And your spelling? Atrocious.
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    I lost 235 lbs. in my divorce. 235 lbs of negative, childish, stupid weight. It's name was Gary. lol

I love that :laugh: ! You must feel great after all that weight loss!!
  • nelliemosa
    Options
    I just went through a month of your food diary and I can tell you 100% for certain why your are not losing weight. Your diet consists of cookies, cakes, icecream, candy, and kfc. EVERYDAY. Sometimes you have ice cream for breakfast! Not too long ago you ate 10 slices of dominos pizza.
    If you REALLY wanted to lose weight you would give up ALL OF THAT and eat healthy foods such as home-baked chicken breasts, vegetables, baked ham, rice..... you know, HEALTHY foods. I didn't see a single healthy food anywhere in that month of your logging.
    Honestly, I'm starting to think you are a troll. This is too ridiculous to be real. And your spelling? Atrocious.

I kind of agree, no one in their right mind would eat this kind of food if they were actually serious about their health let alone weight loss. I'm out!
  • Helice
    Options
    @ Mickmelie

lol i have to be truthful most of the days when i eat something like a pizza, its because nothing is in..
    and i get handed food, and when im starving, and the only thing int he cupboards is quorn, which as im a meat eater im not allowd to touch, it belongs to the vedgies!
    lets face it im gonna eat the pizza..

but i did only start my extreme diet a week ago.
    that was like a good bye thing.
    and the cookies where a mistake too, but i have to admit i shoudl of stopped myself eating them..
  • alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    Options

I'M WITH YOU!!! THIS IS TOO RIDICULOUS TO BE REAL - this "person" has yet to even say a weight or a goal weight and just "I think" for height - TROLL is likely correct and wasting everyone's time when they could be helping and encouraging REAL PEOPLE with REAL ISSUES and REAL QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS. NO ONE really eats all that crap, even the worst junk food junkies I know don't....