Best/Worst Weight Loss "Gadget"

Options
13»

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The best would be a toss up between this website and my Wii Fit Plus. I LOVE using both of them

Worst is a toss up between the Ab Roller and the Slim Fast Diet. Nothing like completely starving all day to make you eat a TON of food at dinner time o_O
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    For me the best was my kitchen scale. The worst was back before I actually lost the weight and got the scale in buying fat burner pills.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Best for me was my HRM and a gym membership!!
    Worst - nutrisystem & the Gazel
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Best: MFP!!!!!!! before mfp I had no idea what I was putting in my body.

Worst: 30 day shred. It's GREAT for toning and building muscle, but absolutely terrible for losing weight.
  • best:30 Day Shred (does that count?)
    worst:shake weight;that didn't help anything!
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    Best, HRM polar 4, treadmill, elliptical, YMCA membership

Worst, ab lounge
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Best: Fitbit, Food scale, 30 Day Shred, Iphone
    Worst: Hoodia pills
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    My best is a tie between my kitchen scale my Garmin GPS watch. I have weighed everything I ate for almost four months now and that alone has probably saved me a ton of calories. The Garmin GPS watch motivates me to get out in the open air and exercise. I just love coming home after a long bike ride and watching the replay of where I went and how my heart rate changes with elevation. You would think the novelty would wear off, but apparently it doesn't with me.

The worst was probably my Nordictrac elliptical. I was replacing another Nordictrac elliptical that I had run into the ground from lots of use. I assumed that since I was buying the same brand I didn't need to try it out. For some reason the motion on the new one didn't agree with my knees at all and it has barely seen any use. Although it did motivate me to get outdoors, which is much more enjoyable exercise for me.
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    Best: This site was eye opening and has worked better than anything I've ever bought/used before. But, in conjunction with this I'd have to say that my kitchen scale is invaluable, measuring cups/spoons very necessary, and I absolutely love my rowing machine :)

Worst: The Gazelle - never used it, it now resides in my garage.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Best is my HRM. Worse for me was Alli...that was some bad stuff! However, I was in Walgreens yesterday and saw a lady buying a spray on appetite suppresant, huh?? That was the worse I've ever seen!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    best: my HRM, iPhone, and my sneakers.

i don't really invest in the gimmicky stuff...i'm a cheap fart.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Love the question....

Best: My GoFitWear(BodyBugg), Norditrack Elliptical with ifitlive, every Beachbody workout program I have

Worst: One of those abroller things years back.......

:laugh: LOL Abroller is on my "best" list! Believe it or not!
    Well, an Abroller is absolutely NOT useful UNLESS you have back problems, which is my case. So for me, it's useful. Never been able to make a single ab crunch if I'm not using the AbRoller.

I like my ab roller too!!! =0)

worst for me because I never actually used the thing......my kids thought it was a great play toy though!