Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Love my FT7!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I think it's great! It does exactly what it's supposed to do. The only thing I would re-do if I could go back is buy the FT4 instead. I'm not entirely convinced that the FT7 is worth 25-30 more dollars than the FT4...the only additional benefit being that it keeps a longer exercise log.

As to the quality of the product, here are my thoughts: When I opened it up I thought "wow this thing is a piece of junk." The wrist strap on the watch is not high quality and the watch itself does look cheaply made. The chest strap is a nicer fabric and should even be machine washed once a week depending on your activity level. All in all though it's worth the money because it's reliable, it does what it's supposed to do and well, and it's not going to fall apart with heavy use. Would I wear the watch out and about to work or something? No way. But it's perfect for going to the gym or any type of workout.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have the FT-7 and I like it alot. I think it is user friendly and looks nice and is comfortable too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I have one. That should be enough credibility to get one. Lol.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I think it's great! It does exactly what it's supposed to do. The only thing I would re-do if I could go back is buy the FT4 instead. I'm not entirely convinced that the FT7 is worth 25-30 more dollars than the FT4...the only additional benefit being that it keeps a longer exercise log.

As to the quality of the product, here are my thoughts: When I opened it up I thought "wow this thing is a piece of junk." The wrist strap on the watch is not high quality and the watch itself does look cheaply made. The chest strap is a nicer fabric and should even be machine washed once a week depending on your activity level. All in all though it's worth the money because it's reliable, it does what it's supposed to do and well, and it's not going to fall apart with heavy use. Would I wear the watch out and about to work or something? No way. But it's perfect for going to the gym or any type of workout.

aha that anwers the question i have been considering asking, as i can't see much difference in the spec between the two other than what you have mentioned,i think the ft7 has something that tells you if you are burning fat or getting fit, but my old £20 one did that just not in pretty graphics as does the ft4 (thats why it bleeps i believe), i also spotted the ft40 this morning and was sucked in by the colour (lame i know) but again reading the info on polars website i can't see what benefit the additional 5 minute body scan thing it does will be for me.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Bought the FT7 one day and sold it on Ebay the next. I got the men's Black/Red model and could not read it with the black face. I guess I could have gotten the Black/Silver model. I like my older F7 much better. The one postive thing about the FT models is you can change out your waffer battery whereas the older models like my F7 you need to send it back to where you bought it to get it changed. So far my battery life is holding up well. Nothing wrong with the Polar products I just didn't like the Black/Red FT7.

Heartratemonitorsusa.com has free 2 day shipping. Good place to buy.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options

aha that anwers the question i have been considering asking, as i can't see much difference in the spec between the two other than what you have mentioned,i think the ft7 has something that tells you if you are burning fat or getting fit, but my old £20 one did that just not in pretty graphics as does the ft4 (thats why it bleeps i believe), i also spotted the ft40 this morning and was sucked in by the colour (lame i know) but again reading the info on polars website i can't see what benefit the additional 5 minute body scan thing it does will be for me.

Yes you're right... The other difference is the FT7 tells you if your are in fat burning mode or cardio mode. But in all honesty that information is kind of useless. All it's doing is calculating what percentage of your max heart rate you're at and then saying it's cardio or fat burn. Personally when I go for a run or something I keep a number in my head that I'm trying to stay near...maybe between 80 - 85% of my max. I look down at my watch and see what my heart rate is...then I know if I have to work harder or slow down.

Then like I said before.. I believe the ft4 holds 10 workouts in the exercise log and the ft7 holds 99. For me, once I log the exercise into here I don't need to look back through the log so 10 would have been plenty. I believe the ft7 runs about 30 dollars more than the ft4 so if I could go back I would just get the ft4 haha. Hope that info helps!