New Balance HRM ???

Options
2»

Replies

• mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i just got a MIO heart rate monitor from best buy.AND I LOVE IT... It was a little more spendy than the New Balance.. but then again you get what you pay for. the way I look at it, when investing in something like a HRM i would rather spend a little extra and be sure the product is a good one.. than spend a little less and hope it does the job. Good thing about best buy is that they will price match... I got 10 percent of my HRM with a coupon from ****s Sporting Goods :-) If you are interested in a chest strap, they are more accurate but if you are like me and what to be able to have constant access to your HR or calories burned and such... a chest strap is not the way to go.... unless you get a DUO...( a HRM that can be used with or without the strap) Do your research before you purchase... what do you want in your watch? do you want it to count calories burned, HR, steps, distance, speed, chest strap, timers,back light, touch activation. These are all things to consider before you purchase a HRM. some models have all of these features or just a few.

Hope this helps a little :wink:

maybe you can help me with mine!!?? I got the mio motiva petite... thought I had it set right but after my workout it said 0 burned...lol

Hmmm... did you put in all your personal information.. weight, height, birthday ect ? Also you need to make sure you have the pedometer turned on. So when you are in the time mode push “set mode” until it beeps. then push “rst” once until you see calories then push the “st/sp” button once so you see the man blinking. that turns the pedometer on.. it only counts calories when the pedometer is on and when you have taken at least 10 consecutive steps. If you are resting for a long period of time it shuts off to conserve the battery.. so you may need to repeat those steps to turn it back on . hope this helps.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    oK, Sooo, moneys tight, but I want a SOMEWHAT reliable HRM. Target has a New Balance HRM that I can easily buy at a store by me. I dont use any credit cards online so I dont want to order online. New Balance seems to have the best reviews for HRMS in my area.... ANyone use this? I know Polar is great and everyone uses them or Garmin, I just dont have the money. Let me know ok? Thanks :D

I have one and it is AWESOME! It is also very accurate with my calorie burn as well! I definately recommend it to everyone who is asking about a heart rate monitor!
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought this yesterday & could not figure it out. UGH!!! And I am a tech person - any advice how to set it - would be appreiciated.
  • TeriTegland
    TeriTegland Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OK so I have entered all my data info whatever and I want to use it for a workout how? What do I do? Thank You:blushing: