MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: April 17 to April 23, 2011

BUT…… Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!
You choose what one/or more things you want to work on this week. Don't set them tooo high or unreachable, but something you need to work on.

:wink: Motivation for Weight Loss :wink:

One small step at a time
You will reach your goal for sure if you break a complicated task into small actionable steps. Do just one step at a time. To get started, choose something you know you can do easily. That can get the ball rolling for getting more done. These small steps will get you where you need to go.

:drinker: I'M MOTIVATED & LOSING AGAIN & SO ARE THE OTHERS WHO PARTICIPATED! JOIN US??:drinker:

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week?

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request.

:bigsmile: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :bigsmile:

Last week’s link:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/213334-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I am new to this but what a great idea!

Goals for the week:

Water: 75 ounces (3 water bottles worth) each day
    Sleep: 7 hours per night
    Food: under calories goal 6/7 days (the day I can go over I still need to stay under 2000)
    Exercise: Jillian Michaels 5/7 days, Cardio 4/7 days (6 min jog, 2 min walk for total of atleast 30 minutes)
    Weight: lose 1.5 lbs

Motivation:
    My long distance boyfriend is coming to visit Friday to Sunday!!!!!!!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am new to this but what a great idea!

Goals for the week:

Water: 75 ounces (3 water bottles worth) each day
    Sleep: 7 hours per night
    Food: under calories goal 6/7 days (the day I can go over I still need to stay under 2000)
    Exercise: Jillian Michaels 5/7 days, Cardio 4/7 days (6 min jog, 2 min walk for total of atleast 30 minutes)
    Weight: lose 1.5 lbs

Motivation:
    My long distance boyfriend is coming to visit Friday to Sunday!!!!!!!

:drinker:
    Welcome MNP!!!! Good luck!! What a GREAT focus!! BOYFRIEND VISITING!! That should be half your desire to get there! This has become a great support group.

Good Luck!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    NEW GOAL FOR WEEK APRIL 17th
    I think I will stick with just ONE GOAL this week, and have a better chance for success. I am going to change it to wearing my pedometer and staying over 8,000 steps on weekdays & 5,000 on weekend. & it’s a Holiday weekend!

I lost last week but was not able to exercise one day.  Thank God for being able to lose on my daily routine with following my Food Diary!!

Week 8 Goal 130 min & stay under calories & I had a rough week & NO EXERCISE! Did stay under 6/7 days (lost 2.2 lbs)
    Week 7 Goal 100 min & stay under calories & I did 165 min, was under 6/7 days (lost 3 lbs)
    Week 6 Goal Stay within calories/Light Exercise & I did 5/5 days under & began Light Exercise (lost 1.4 lbs)
    Week 5 Goal 120 min & I did 65/120 CHANGED TO Stay under Calories & I did 6/7 days (.4 gain due to injury)
    Week 4 Goal 120 min & I did 130 (lost 1.8 lbs)
    Week 3 Goal120 min & I did 140 (lost 1.4 lbs)
    Week 2 Goal 100 min & I did 135 (lost 2.2 lbs)
    Week 1 Goal 100 min & I did 120 (lost 3 lbs
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My week is Saturday to Saturday.

Week 6 goals:

1) Up my water intake from 8-10 glasses a day to 10-12 glasses a day
    2) Work out at gym 4 days this week (engage in some other exercise other days e.g. walk dog)
    3) Meet calorie goal (1350) 5/7 days and stay under 1600 other 2 days
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm in.....I love the idea of short term goals....makes this journey seem a little less scary!

Goal 1: 15,000 steps a day
    Goal 2: 83 ozs of water
    Goal 3: exercise 6 days a week/ total of 360 min.
    Goal 4: lose 1 lb.

Week is Mon-Mon for me
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I want to THANK YOU all who have become my weight loss family & friends!!

Most of you know that I have been having a very rough couple weeks. Please bare with me. We are all keeping a focus in spite of all the outside interferences. I truly want to support & motivate each of you, as you have me.

:sad: I hurt my tailbone and all the dr appointments for my hubby who was recently diagnosed with RDS/CRPS. I had major problems happen at work which involved police & possibly having to go to court (nothing about me) . Plus a big evaluation at work. One daughter moving & one daughter having a baby and my mom in a Nursing home that has been hospitalized twice in three weeks. Because I have Durable POA, I must be there. Then, you don’t even know, but my mom is being very aggressive and hitting & yelling at the ladies at the Home. I have to call or go there to help get her to take her meds. She throws her meds and refuses her insulin shots. It just goes on & on! So if I have seemed distracted lately, I really am!! Please don’t give up on me.:sad:

Someone said that I have a lot of people that depend on me………….. Thanks! That is an understatement!

:smile: Please know, that I DO read your replies but since I have over 100 people on my Friend List, I am unable to respond to everyone right now. :-( But I celebrate your joys and frown upon your setbacks with you.
    Love You Guys!! Thanks for being here!!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: ((((((((HUGG)))))))) :heart:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME SKINNY JEAN & MABEAR:flowerforyou:

I hope you find that the focus on one week at a time works well for you. Most here are having a lot os success with it!

Good Luck!!

:smile: MaBear
    Who is the lady in the pic with you?
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Dee - I will lift you and your family up in prayer and keep you on my list. I hope that your family's health (and your health) get better soon or that the situations may ease a bit. I am thinking of you!!! xoxoxoxo

Welcome to the newcomers - I have "met" a great support system here and I wouldn't be as successful as I am now without them!

My Goals for this week (Sunday to Saturday):
    1) Exercise for 225 minutes (I am increasing because I will get at least 60 minutes, if not more, of walking in today alone)
    2) Aim for a 3 pound loss this week.
    3) Limit sodium to below 1800mg per day.

Good luck everyone!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Im back in..................500 mins and 12 cups of water a day
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Missdee I am so sorry to hear about everything going on with you and your family. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that things improve. You are amazing for being able to help everyone around you and still not forget about yourself, you must be a superhero!

As for me I'm in again, My goal is going to be the same this week as last week. I actually managed to lose some weight by staying under my calories and getting a bit of exercise in which I wasn't expecting. So I want to continue to stay conscious of everything I am eating so I do not stress eat too much. I also hope to get in some exercise to help me contend with the stress.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am going for 12 miles this week plus some additional strength traininig.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    last week's goal was to get strength training back into my exercise routine. I was shooting for 3 days. I managed to get 2 in! I'm going to be pleased enough with that since I haven't been doing it at all regularly.
    This week, I will shoot again for the three strength training workouts. I am also shooting to get over 100g of protein daily. I've been working on this for a few days and I am getting over 90 but not reaching the 100g mark I want to achieve.
    Good luck to every one!
    And Miss Dee, I, too, will be lifting you and your family up in prayer. What a difficult time for you. ~hugs~ Be sure to take care of yourself so you can continue to take care of others!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i am going to try to start my walking after supper routine. I need to get ready for the 5k and its my first one. a little excited but very nervous at the same time.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My day 1 Check-in: 80/225 mins!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME SKINNY JEAN & MABEAR:flowerforyou:

I hope you find that the focus on one week at a time works well for you. Most here are having a lot os success with it!

Good Luck!!

:smile: MaBear
    Who is the lady in the pic with you?

That is my very Italian 93 year old Grandma........She's the best!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    went to 408.9 to 406.5 so i got my goal of losing weight/water weight lol
    I am on my TOM, but i am taking Pamprin to see if that keeps me from being bloated so hopefully I see another loss this week.. would also like to start taking vitamins on a regular basis...see how that goes lol
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in for another week (Monday-Sunday). I will up my goal to 450min of exercise.
    Good luck everyone and great job ;)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    i am going to try to start my walking after supper routine. I need to get ready for the 5k and its my first one. a little excited but very nervous at the same time.

woooooo hooooooooo!!! soundsexitig Karen!! Good Luck!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    My keybard is playing real tricks on me!

Wantto wish you all a great week!! GOOD LUCK!

DAY ONE AND I HIT MY GOAL FOR TODAY!! MY FOOD DIARY REALY STINKS THOUGH!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this week too. I'm back in the game ladies!! Goal for the week bring breakfast and lunch to work monday - thursday (I have Friday off). Part two of my goal is add a little extra ab work to my workout each night. 3 sets of 30 second planks & 3 sets of 15 core excerise. (21 planks & 315 core excerises for the week sun to sun)

Sunday check in (3/21 planks 35/315 core exercises)

Dee huggs to you for keeping this going even with all u have going on. :) I will be praying for you and your family

Have a great night everyone!