How did you discover mfp?

Options
millmill89
millmill89 Posts: 17 Member
I found it by doing a search for a calorie counter app on my android phone. How about everyone else?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    google
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    heard it from a friend
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was originally using another free calorie counting website and was trying to enter a food but it wasn't in their database. I did an internet search for the food and found the food listed on this database. Poof.. here I am!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I found it because I make 99% of my own meals from scratch and needed a recipe calculator, googled recipe calculator and here i am...it was too tedious to do the calculations on paper then divide by the number of portions etc.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Laura Wright (Carly on General Hospital) tweeted about it!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed caloriecount.com for a long time but the forums were too angry, people screaming about starvation mode and "experts” battling the pros and cons about everything so in one of my journal posts there someone recommended this site.

There are less battles here but also much less expertise, it’s a different group of people here – that’s all I will comment on to avoid getting flamed.

I stay b/c the graphics and lack of ads are much better here plus MFP came out with an ap long before CC did.
  • cboos
    cboos Posts: 9
    Options
    Same as you Mill. Had it on my Droid first.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me about it.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have two cousins on here who suggested the site to me and I'm glad they did :)
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Same as the OP. I found it through the android app.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I read an article about a trucker that lost weight using a similar app on his iphone, so I did a search on the marketplace and found mfp for my android. Abso-freakin-lutely love it.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I used an app like this on my Treo phone, and looked for a replacement when I switched to my iPhone. I tried several such apps - some paid and some free - and found MFP to be be much easier for finding foods for entry. And I think that is the most imporant aspect of these apps - nothing worse than sitting at the table hunting for foods to enter. Then I found the forums to be an amazing source of knowledge and the people so encouraging.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A friend introduced me to it when I mentioned that I wanted to start working on losing weight. I came here that day and never looked back! Now it's like a lifeline. If I can't log in for some reason, I get really upset because I NEED to know how many calories I'm eating!!!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Searching for fitness and nutrition apps on iTouch - used the app only for about a week before I realized there was a website with even more to offer! The app is fantastic - no matter where I am, even offline, I can keep track of everything.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was looking for an app for my iphone to track my daily food while at work and I found MFP! Now I use the online and app both!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    a friend at work
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I think I was searching for the number of calories in something and found this site.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It came to me in a dream after wandering for 6 days in the Mojave desert with a bottle of mineral water, 3 crisp new one dollar bills, and my lucky red spandex unitard. I was wavering, and the heat of the mid day sun was beating down upon my shoulders heavily in it's melodic ultraviolet assault. I stumbled upon a rock and started to sag down to my knees when I saw this shiny black rock, there was nothing special about the rock really, but I did see it. When I got up to resume my trek, a hazy bending of reality set itself upon me. GOD spoke to me then, he was standing there eating a Del Taco Macho Burrito, and he said unto me, "Mmmmffppp," and winked. It wasn't a kinky kind of wink, where one is sending innuendo into the nearest bedroom or bush as it were, it was more of a, "hey, you know what I mean," kind of wink, completely platonic. It took me by surprise, i immediately spit out the cactus that I had been chewing on and contemplated the depth of this profound statement he had directed at me.

After I got out of the hospital (I had a little dehydration when the park rangers accosted me) I did a google search of that single word uttered through a Macho Burrito.. Mmmmffppp."
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    itouch app :)
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I found it browsing the internet one day