Brides on a Mission: Week 16

Options
Hello brides!
Welcome to all new brides!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 16 challenge: Drink your water!!! We have has this challenge before but this is very important. Make sure you log how much water you are drinking in your food diary!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 16 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person:
7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature:
8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!! I am new to this post and recently engaged so I will be coming back to post here, just don't have enough time right now, hanging out with the nieces.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 16

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weigh in day is wensday...be back then...

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):just counting down to the wedding we got 20 more days tomorrow...started running today...ran for roughly 15 mins without stopping first time since a few months ago ....as i was running 3 times a week for 30 mins per run...just enjoying thinkin about getting married....went and checked on our ceremony site...(as it is out doors and on a bridge near a lake)....wantin to see if the ice was melted off the lake yet and snow gone...no snow which is great and for the ice not much left to go...im sure in 20 days it will be long gone...=) also lately my FH... has more than supportive with all that has been going on with family stresses...n such..hes been the best lately and i couldnt ask for more..

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my FH's job is hangin in the balance as hes had this job for 5 yrs plus now...or more and his boss can no longer keep his home forcing him to move to property(just land no house) he owns in florida...=( sad so as early as our wedding he could be without a job...

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: im not having bridesmaid except for a maid of honor ....have no idea as she is low for cash to purchase a dress...so i guess what ever color...but if i was to choose it would be a pink color or purple...=)

5. Any wedding news updates: snow melted and ice almost out on our ceremony site (on a bridge along a lake)

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: yes....altho im not sure how much they are workin as i dont really notice a diff...except when i feel my legs...i just cant see the toneing...yet...

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: my waist and tummy...it needs work but thats where ive seen the most go as far as weight...

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): not so good as ive been mia...lately dealing with family issues n work n such ....

9. Weekly wrap up: overall very good...happy with the way things are turning out....excited to marry my best friend in 20 days...=)i cant believe how close its getting there are last min things i need and would like to have money for and have not yet had the money for..but im sure ill have it before the wedding...excited...alittle tired and worn out lately from stress of family issues suprisingly not from the wedding at all...just anxious to get the ball going for that day...=)

once ppl knew i was getting married it seemed that everyone around me is getting married too...anyone else have this happen to them????? im very happy for these ppl as they are ppl im around alot and know....
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 - things have slowed down a lot since I hit the 1/2 way mark

2. Highlight of the past week: My friend was visiting from CA. The next time I see here will be for the wedding!

3. Lowlight of the past week: It is still cold and rainy here. I would really like spring to come to stay.

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: Navy/Dark Blue (called Cayman Blue. I can't wait to see them in person!
    http://www.jasminebridal.com/img_pic/change/S2010/B2/B3035/B3035AU.jpg
    http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=Bridesmaids&hidP_style=B2&hidj_line_order=3&hidP_Style_ID=B3035

5. Any wedding news updates: The bridesmaids are getting their dresses in the mail and loving them!

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: Yes! Need to tighten those glutes and thighs!

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: I think my eyes are my best feature. But I am most proud of my arms, since I have been working so hard on toning them.

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): I feel I did ok!

9. Weekly wrap up: Hoping to order favors and invitations soon!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .2 :/ feel like its barely worth mentioning. I feel like my weight has been fluctuating aLOT throughout the week. But I consistently see 176.8 so i logged it. Hoping for at LEAST a 1 pound loss this week. Soooo close to next mini goal
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Ran the full 5k distance on Friday (prepping for the 5k on may 21st ) and did it in roughly 31 minutes. Hoping to keep this time consistent/improve on it.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): There wasn't really a "lowlight" it was a pretty good week. only thing i would say is i wish i got more accomplished this weekend. I instead chilled after working out and enjoyed a marathon of the "good wife" I lovvvee that show. its a law drama on cbs. Verry good
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: n/a
    5. Any wedding news updates: n/a
    6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: I'm a neither person but if I had to pick I'd say squat. I always struggle with lunges. I would like to work on incorporating both into my week though
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: probably my face. as i get more in shape I love that my stomach flattens out kind of naturally. My butt seems to get the best feedback ;) but its not my fav right now. a little too lumpy lol. Overall I kinda like the shape of my body (especialyl at a lower weight) I'm "curvy" and i kinda like it
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Great - 5 workouts in!! Sun, Wed, Thur, Fri, Saturday
    9. Weekly wrap up: It was a good week. I did pretty good but I'm bummed not to see more of a loss. I feel like I'll lose then i have to wait three more weeks to lose again. It is Frustrating to say the least. i'm just trying to stay motivated!!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: not applicable, weigh in first week of may :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My favorite theatre company to work with in town asked me to direct one of their summer shows!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I'm really worried about my grade in one of my classes this semester. It's the class I'm least confident in to begin with, and on top of that he has never posted a single grade online nor returned a single assignment or given us any grade or feedback or anything, and we only have 3 weeks of class left before finals week! If I get below a C in this class, I'm gonna raise hell.

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: I'm not having bridesmaids, I have 3 bridesAdams, and I want the Adams (and the groomsmen) to wear brown suits with green accents :)

5. Any wedding news updates: to keep my fiance's family off our backs we've begun answering questions about the wedding with "we're eloping to Branson so we can catch Hank Williams Jr for our honeymoon."

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: I'm a yoga and pilates person.

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: My tummy. It's nice and flat, and I almost have a six pack- it's basically a 4 pack. The bottom 4 are nicely defined, but the top two not so much. And I don't even do crunches! (though I play with my weighted hula hoop almost daily- I bet that's what does it.) And my face. I like my face.

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): I love exercise :)

9. Weekly wrap up: Good week.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm new!

1. Name: Allison
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Westchester, NY
    4. Occupation: writer
    5. Wedding date: 7/9/11
    6. Fiancés name: Erik
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 212 lbs.
    9. Goal weight and date: 160 lbs. - I don't have a deadline
    10. Favorite type of exercise: cycling
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: didn't lose any :(
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Celebrated a friend's birthday!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): rain rain rain on Saturday
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: purple! :)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Invitations are finished!
    6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: Lunges
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: my butt :) haha
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Not so good. Only worked out 3 days!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Need more commitment to exercise - and water! Looking forward to this week's challenge.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weigh in on wed and will pst

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Where to start!? 1) got a new dress suit for interviews and senior presentations and it fits amazing...size 8 pants now! 2) my aunt was in town from SC and had a great visit with her. last time she as in a gained like 3-4lbs that week! This time I made good choices! 3) I had some great quality time with my fiance on Sunday just running errands. 4) went out on a party bus to the city and to some bars/clubs on Sat night for a friends bday. I didn't drink and danced my *kitten* off and had a great time. First time ever doing something like that, proud that I made it to 5am! 5) And I made great food choices all weekend!!!!! 6) I got my braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I really dont have any....just stressed with school as normal! haha

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: I think we are going with a cobalt blue type color.

5. Any wedding news updates: nope!

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: squats for sure. I hate lunges!!!

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: I love my lips! haha They are close to Angelina Jolee! And my stomach is really flat...I dont have a pouch! haha

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Good, I reached my goal of 3 classes (tue, fri, sat) and I got in a lot of walking when shopping Firday night and dancing on Sat night.

9. Weekly wrap up: Amazing week!!!!!
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 16:
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, HUGE plateau, i'm not sure my body will let me weigh less than 143 lbs!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My favourite Aunty is able to make it to the wedding, which is very exciting for me:) Went on a big beautiful hike in the sun on Sunday.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nothing much, just that the crazy weather (Snow in April, wtf?!) is threatening our plans to travel to my parent's home for Easter. Still waiting on overdue RSVPs from my Australian cousins.

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: Some shade of green, like apple green - something fresh and crisp. But I have no idea what style to put them in! Any ideas ladies? My sister is quite petite (5'6 and probably 125 lbs), my cousin is quite a yo-yo, but currently probably 5'7, 155 lbs, HUGE boobs.

5. Any wedding news updates: We have our guestlist pretty much finalized and my fiance is sending out 2-3 more invitations to fill up the space. Unfortunately almost all of my extended family is coming so I can't invite many friends:S

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: LOL this is a hilarious question - NEITHER!!!!! I run, I do yoga, I will do resistance weight training like push-ups and pull-ups but I hate lunges and squats!!!

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: Tough one!!! I guess I have long slim-ish legs and arms

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Not so hot...I can always fit it in on the weekend, much more challenging during the week - no excuses though, just didn't do enough.

9. Weekly wrap up: Looking forward to summer, hoping my employees don't strike, in which case I'll have to work a minimum of 60 hours a week :'(
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Here's for last week:

Brides on a Mission: week 15 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3.2 pounds lost in the last month. I also lost another few inches on my bust and biceps (see below). Grand total, since I started my journey (includes two months prior to MFP is about 21 pound loss!)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I entered a 5K on the spur of the moment, with no training. I was pleased that I finished in 40th place out of 78 people. My time was 43:22 (14 minute mile), but I'm happy I was just in the middle of the pack. Sore as hell though!*LOL*
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Not much. I've been having a great week. My aunt is joining my wedding party, so both sides will be even now. We're doing dress fittings this afternoon. I hope mine needs taken in!*LOL*
    4. What are you plans for the rehearsal dinner: My fiance wants to go to our local Toyko Diner for the hibaci (sp?) grill performances. I'm not a fan of Asian food, but since his family is paying and he's let me do a ton of the wedding planning, I feel like he needs to have a say in something. We have the party room rented out and they'll even set up the decorations for us.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Printing out my programs this weekend and am now working on the tags that will be attached to my favors. Two months until the wedding, officially!
    6. When you don’t want to work out, how do you motivate yourself: I tell myself to go home and at least lift some weights, do ten minutes on the exercise bike, take the dog for a short walk, or do yoga/bellydancing. I usually force myself to do one of those things and it motivates me enough to do more. If not, then I'm just happy I logged something in MFP!
    7. Where are your “trouble areas” and what are you doing to fix them: My belly and arms have a lot of jiggle. I've been hitting the cardio like mad and have been trying a variety of weight lifting exercises. I have slimmed down a little and I'm going to keep plugging away at it until the big day!
    8. How did you do with the week 14 challenge (logging at least 5/7 days): No issues here, I log every day, whether I like what I see or not. Lately the NOT is Easter candy.:-P
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm doing well and staying motivated. Now I feel like I might want to try another 5K once I recover from the soreness of this one.

Shannon
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm new!

1. Name: Krista
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Green Bay, WI
    4. Occupation: Administrative Education
    5. Wedding date: 6/2/12
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 10 Months
    8. Heaviest weight: 152 lbs.
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 lbs by 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Salads

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Gained 3 lbs, lost 2 inches
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I completed my 1st class of my Master's Degree
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): ITS SNOWING!
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: Pink!
    5. Any wedding news updates: None
    6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: Lunges... I HATE squats
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: My eyes :)
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Last week was an off week, only worked out 4 days (I usually try to do 6-7)
    9. Weekly wrap up: Good Week :)
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 on everything D: Im on a stand still

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went to my FSM (future step mothers) Bridal shower yesterday had a lot of yummy looking food. I got to see most of my family that I haven't seen for awhile and my Fh got to has his boys night out.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Fh and me has been spending less and less time together. Closer it gets to the wedding the more distant he gets so it worry's me a tad. Im on a stand still on weight loss and inches too

4. What color an bridemaid dresses are you having: black and champagne

5. Any wedding news updates: nothing new besides the fact that I tried my dress on and it was a bit tight agian. (Also made me super sad) :(

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: my eyes.

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): not so well. didnt exercise as much as I wanted to.

9. Weekly wrap up: Bad week. :(
  • Becky011
    Options
    Welcome!! :) We are glad to have ya'

Every week we start a new thread (wannabrn does it!) and typically we have a little more activity, its been light the last couple of weeks.

When is your big day??
    I'm new!

6. Fiancés name: Erik
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 212 lbs.
    9. Goal weight and date: 160 lbs. - I don't have a deadline
    10. Favorite type of exercise: cycling
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: didn't lose any :(
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Celebrated a friend's birthday!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): rain rain rain on Saturday
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: purple! :)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Invitations are finished!
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: my butt :) haha
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Not so good. Only worked out 3 days!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Need more commitment to exercise - and water! Looking forward to this week's challenge.
  • Becky011
    Options
    Welcome!! :) Our little family here has been together for about 4 months now. It's been a little light on the activity here the last couple of weeks but hopefully we'll get back to normal soon. Wannabrn posts a new link every week on Sundays.

I used to live near green bay! I was born in west bend, then we moved over to michigan
    I'm new!

1. Name: Krista
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Green Bay, WI
    4. Occupation: Administrative Education
    5. Wedding date: 6/2/12
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 10 Months
    8. Heaviest weight: 152 lbs.
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 lbs by 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Salads

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Gained 3 lbs, lost 2 inches
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I completed my 1st class of my Master's Degree
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): ITS SNOWING!
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: Pink!
    5. Any wedding news updates: None
    6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: Lunges... I HATE squats
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: My eyes :)
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Last week was an off week, only worked out 4 days (I usually try to do 6-7)
    9. Weekly wrap up: Good Week :)
  • Becky011
    Options
    lol don't mind me apparently i don't read everything through. i see your wedding date is already in there!

When is your big day??
    I'm new!

• Becky011
    Options
    Welcome!! :) We look forward to hearing from ya'
    BUMP!!! I am new to this post and recently engaged so I will be coming back to post here, just don't have enough time right now, hanging out with the nieces.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    sorry for being MIA... lately been working as much as possible...and cleaning and dealing with last min details...for the wedding....in 17 days...=) im so excited but so bummed out this last month i havent thought about keepin on track with my self on the weight loss ...sorta got comfy and gave up a bit so now i gained well over 5 lbs back...=( as im sure some is water weight...im sorry for not being here more...hope all is doing well...im gonna try my best to be back on track...but as the wedding gets close i mite not be on here much....but ill be logging every week n checking back in with everyone......=) hope all is well and doing great.....
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Apparently I haven't been the only one MIA. Been so busy with vacation and being off the wagon (haha oops). I am back and will be back and strong starting Monday.

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: haha don't want to talk about it. Lets just say that I have gained a bit. I will be honest about it next week after TOM passes.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Two weeks ago I was on the beach in SC and it was amazing! My mom kept telling me that I "rocked" my bathing suit, so I guess some changes in my body can be seen. That made me feel pretty good all week. This past weekend got together with 2 of my bridesmaids and got their dresses ordered and drank the night away with them. I had so much fun. And no I was bad and did not log those calories. :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Haven't been good with eating or exercising at all.

4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: It is called silver, but really more of a pretty gray.

5. Any wedding news updates: Booked my florist! And my parents offered to pay for our flowers!!! Which was a huge surprise!

6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: haha funny question. I feel like lunges are a stretch and squats are a workout!

7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: Probably my butt, can't really say I am proud of it because I am pretty sure it is from being genetically blessed. (thanks mom!)

8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): uh, I failed.

9. Weekly wrap up: Besides being off the wagon, it has been a good week. I am looking forward to next week. It will be nice to have rules again and a schedule. I know weird....

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    sorry for being MIA... lately been working as much as possible...and cleaning and dealing with last min details...for the wedding....in 17 days...=) im so excited but so bummed out this last month i havent thought about keepin on track with my self on the weight loss ...sorta got comfy and gave up a bit so now i gained well over 5 lbs back...=( as im sure some is water weight...im sorry for not being here more...hope all is doing well...im gonna try my best to be back on track...but as the wedding gets close i mite not be on here much....but ill be logging every week n checking back in with everyone......=) hope all is well and doing great.....

You have a lot better reason than me for being MIA!!! Good luck with the last minute wedding tasks!!!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Hey don't sweat it! We miss you but ya gotta get ready for the big day :))) feel free to ck in for encouragement from us all! We'll still be thinking of you :) congratulations! Hard to believe it is almost here!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Don't worry about it :)) as long as we come back right? Glad you're here :)
    Apparently I haven't been the only one MIA. Been so busy with vacation and being off the wagon (haha oops). I am back and will be back and strong starting Monday.