NSV ... though I may regret it tomorrow.

Options
2»

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I've never been able to run even a half mile. I often have dreams about running freely, and I can't wait until I can do it! You've let me know it's possible!
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    WOW!!!! You're a ROCKSTAR! Thanks for sharing-- it's so inspirational and gives me hope that maybe one day I will feel like running a 5K for no particular reason... and then run another one right after. Hehehe. One step at a time for me!! Way to go!! :o)
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I'd love to run a 5k but currently walking to the mailbox is a struggle! Keep up your good work!
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    does anyone know what would cause the outside of the ankles to hurt very much just while walking? I got a really nice pair of running shoes last year. The people even watched me walk, then recommended these particular shoes. So I got them, and seemed fine last year, but a year later, my ankles seem to be giving me problems. Anyone know why this might be?

Shoes only last so long. between the bottom sole and where your foot lands is a lot of soft area that breaks down, sometime between 6months or 500 miles. One year on a pair of shoes is a long life. Take the insole out of your shoes and try to bend them up in half- if you can they are worn out and not giving you what you bought them for. Also, as you get stronger your gait may change and you may need a different type of shoe. It may simply be time to go get re-fitted for new shoes.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome. I've been trying to run more and more and I say screw it after a mile. Keep it up.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was one running in the last 3 or so along with you, and I have too picked up jogging/walking. I wish I had your scenery though. I walk more than I jog at this point, but I keep trying to push myself to go a little further each time. When I tried this last year, I got up to almost 1 mile (I thought it was a mile at first), and I was so proud of myself. But then I went on vacation and had a hard time getting back into it. So, here I am again, starting over. I hope one day to run a 1/2 marathon. That is my ultimate goal. I have a long way to go, but you have always been an inspiration......Keep up the good work...you never stop amazing me!!

since I'm here, does anyone know what would cause the outside of the ankles to hurt very much just while walking? I got a really nice pair of running shoes last year. The people even watched me walk, then recommended these particular shoes. So I got them, and seemed fine last year, but a year later, my ankles seem to be giving me problems. Anyone know why this might be?

Keep at it, Steph, I know you can do it - TRUST me, if I can do it, ANYONE can. As for the sore ankles... I really don't know. Are you still doing the 30 Day Shred? I know some of those exercises can be bad if you roll your ankles. I started having problems with the outside of my knees hurting once I got to Level 3. I began using knee braces and it seemed to take care of the problem. I rarely need them anymore, but use them if my knees start to feel off, swollen or weaker than normal. So you might try taping your ankles for a while and see if that helps. Post this question in its own thread and see if you get responses from some trainers or something.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I took it easy yesterday and just walked. Then today, I tried running 2 5K's again. I think I was afraid it was just a one-time fluke.

But it wasn't. In fact, today I shaved 5 minutes off the first 5K and 6 minutes off the second just by pushing myself to take longer strides any time it started to feel "comfortable." While a 31:50 5K isn't anything to brag about in some circles, it feels like I just conquered the world :)

Seriously, y'all. If I can do this, so can YOU.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!