Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 4/18-4/24

Options
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Is there a machine at the gym you look at but always walk past it? Do you have a DVD sitting on the shelf that you have never used? Did I hear you all say “YES”! That’s GREAT because this week we will be trying 2 new exercises/machines/DVD’s.

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Last week we tried new fruits & veggies. This week our goal is to consume a MINIMUM of 7 servings of fruits/vegetables each day. Try to have 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of Veggies (any combination is acceptable)

FYI: http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/f/servingfruit.htm
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
TUES – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
WED – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##?
THU – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
FRI – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
SAT – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
SUN – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##

New Exercises: #/2
Total Number of Days Meeting Fruit/Veggie Goal: #/7

Good luck! :drinker: (water)

Replies

• garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    How nice!!! I am doing this!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this! The new exercises might be a little hard considering I gave up my gym membership, but I think I may have some dvd's I haven't done in my closet somewhere! I will definitely do the nutritional goal though!
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Sounds great!! Although I am switching it to 5 or 6 veggies and 1 or 2 fruit because of the sugary/carb level...but I am definitely in!!!! I am not sure there there is a "new" machine to me, but I will find a couple new exercises for sure!!!

Loveme- thank you so much for these challenges each week, although I was sooo wrapped up in my chalean circuits and running that I barely worked in your circuits. Lol oops. ;)
  • aprilsonshine
    aprilsonshine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've never posted on MFP boards yet...but this looked like fun. I'm definitely in! Do you post daily using the format provided or at the end of the week? Never done a challenge before...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Jennykoshy11
    Jennykoshy11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my third week doing my fitness pal, but my first day really looking at the website and all that it has to offer. I'm barely staying wtihin my calories, not working out....so I definitely need this kick in the butt :blushing:

I need to stop by the grocery store so I can buy my fruits and veggies and pack them up for the week.

Thank you for posting this challenge!
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    We'll see how this whole "fruits/veggies" thing goes. I'll try!!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    ok, I'll do my best with the fruit and veggies :tongue:

I don't have a gym membership is it ok to do a DVD that I haven't done in a long time. I know I've done all the ones I've had at some point :wink:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Most of us post daily- WELCOME to the newbies! It is fun and we do a new one EVERY WEEK!!!!

Have fun!!!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would like to give this one a try!! I'm not sure how I will go with the exercise part, I won't be able to get to the gym as much over the next week due to the kids being home but I have a list of different exercises from a program I am doing that I could give some of the harder ones a go :smile: The fruit and veg will be interesting, I'm fine with the fruit but I definately need to work on my veggie quota.
  • tbever
    tbever Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't wait to see how I do this week! The fruits/veggies are going to be a challenge for me! I have several DVD's that I haven't done in a while, so I will break those out this week!
  • Shawnna1965
    Options
    I'm on it !
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ohhh this one is interesting!!! I'm struggling to think of a cardio machine, but I know there are definitely some weight training machines at the gym I haven't used...I'll try to find at least one this morning....I'm also open to suggestions of new exercises to try, I love my dvds and have done them all multiple times lol
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello group!!!:flowerforyou:

Is it to late to join in on this challenge? I love the fruit/veggie challenge!! :heart: That is so important!!! I ordered Turbo Jam last week and Fed-X delivered it on Saturday. So, I will start that today!!!! :bigsmile:

Can you please advise if we post here on this thread daily as to how we did or is this once a week? I hope it's not to late for me to join!!! I could really use a new challenge. I had surgery last month and was just released to resume activity. Last week was my first week back logging and exercising. I lost 2.4 lbs. I also like the idea of meeting some new friends here!!!:love:

Have a FLAB-YOU-LESS DAY!!!:drinker:
    Sabrina
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Excellent... I definitely have DVDs on my shelf that I haven't tried. One yoga, one aerobic dance, and 2 belly dance DVDs. I'm excited!!
    _________
    I've never posted on MFP boards yet...but this looked like fun. I'm definitely in! Do you post daily using the format provided or at the end of the week? Never done a challenge before...
    aprilsonshine... Yep! Post daily, using loveme's format. :happy:
    This is my third week doing my fitness pal, but my first day really looking at the website and all that it has to offer. I'm barely staying wtihin my calories, not working out....so I definitely need this kick in the butt :blushing:
    Jennykoshy11... I did the exact same thing when I started here. I never thought I would get so into the forums.

Sabrina... Turbo Jam looks awesome! I've always had my eye on it, but can't afford it yet. I've got lots of Jillian Michaels to keep me busy though. :wink: We basically post daily with loveme's format on the first page. You'll see.
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Looking forward to this week! Fruits/Veggies will definitely be a challenge for me! I have just loaded a bunch of new to me Wii fitness games so I will look forward to 'having' to try them out this week:D
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Garifuna, Mandijo, TammyLanham, Aprilsonshine, Jennykoshy11, Shawnna1965, Scubasab -Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    FYI: You can post daily or weekly. It’s up to you.

Shawnalee0703-You’re welcome! I’ll keep trying to come up with different challenges to keep you interested :wink:

She_elf-I know you’re going to do great! Maybe you can experiment with your new veggies/fruits from last week

Pjfmaui73-That’s all we ask, is that you do your best! Yes, you can do a DVD you haven’t done in awhile.

Amandac72-Yes, push yourself and try those “harder” exercises.

Tbever-Just do your best!

Caitlinlws-Did you get a chance to try a new weight training machine this morning? If so, how was it?

Steph-That’s Great! Thanks to you, this week Im going to try Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and 6 week Six Pack DVD’s :noway:

H2onut-Enjoy your Wii! Let me know which games give you good calorie burn.

I hope everyone enjoys the challenges this week. Good Luck! :smile:
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Mmmm - already chewing on some ruffage - Love it:D
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this! I will have to cut the fruits down to 2. I could really use the break up in my workout routine. Excited to go home and dig through the videos. Thank You! I've only been really trying this out for a week or two and am happy to find a challenge starting and one that appeals to me.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MON – New Exercise: Yes (Turbo Jam and thigh/hip sculptor~ Servings of F/V’s: 2/8
    TUES – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
    WED – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##?
    THU – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
    FRI – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
    SAT – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##
    SUN – New Exercise: Y/N? ~ Servings of F/V’s: ##

New Exercises: #/2
    Total Number of Days Meeting Fruit/Veggie Goal: #/7