• p90x_Dude
    Options
    Thanks again!

You B welcome :smile:

God bless
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    About 2 years ago I had plantar fascitis. It is better now because I had to wear tennis shoes to work after that. I worked at a hospital and they still made me bring in a doctors note for that.. Go Figure. Anyhoo. My heal doesnt hurt anymore but I have just started doing either a biggest loser cardio dvd or either taebo. When I do the insides of my feet hurt ( the curve on the inside). I would be able to do more but I have to take a break to rest my feet. I wear Nikes with an insert in them because of when I had the plantar fascitis. Is there anything else I can do or as I get better at the dvds and lose some weight will it stop hurting. I weigh 291.. have lost 6 so far.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    About 2 years ago I had plantar fascitis. It is better now because I had to wear tennis shoes to work after that. I worked at a hospital and they still made me bring in a doctors note for that.. Go Figure. Anyhoo. My heal doesnt hurt anymore but I have just started doing either a biggest loser cardio dvd or either taebo. When I do the insides of my feet hurt ( the curve on the inside). I would be able to do more but I have to take a break to rest my feet. I wear Nikes with an insert in them because of when I had the plantar fascitis. Is there anything else I can do or as I get better at the dvds and lose some weight will it stop hurting. I weigh 291.. have lost 6 so far.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hey Connie, When I've treated patients with plantar faciitis I've instructed them in a few exercises including:
    1. calf stretches
    2. towel scrunches (place barefoot on end of towel and curl you toes repeatedly until the entire towel is at your foot
    3. marble picup (place hand full of marbles on the floor and pick up a marble one foot at a time placing them in a small cup)
    4. Ice massage after your workout
    -take stirofoam [poor spelling i think] and fill with water
    -place in freezer to freeze and when ready to use, tear of the top 1-2 inches of the cup revealing a
    1-2 inche layer of ice
    -holding on the the cup portion gently rub the ice in small circular motions on the plantar facia for
    10 minutes or so

Remember too, if you're beginning an activity that requires some agressive movement the arches, heels and foot/ankle are taking the brunt of the activity. I'm a big boy so I need to begin investing in foot wear appropriate for big boys. We have to take care of our feet, they'll take care of us.

Keep me posted.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    God bless you and know that I give Him all the glory and honor for the burden He's placed on my heart to help His children.

Angelo
    [/quote]

Dear Angelo (You have the appropriate name :love: )
    Yes, it does seem that the leg cramps are worse if I exercise/walk or do housework, get sweaty, etc., and they rarely happen during the day; it's usually something that wakes me in the middle of the night, causing me to have to get up and walk through the house before they ease up. The cramps are usually in my calves, but sometimes behind my knees as well. I try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day plus drinking a lot of decaf green tea, either hot or cold. I never drink soda-pop, coffee, or anything else unless it's juice or sometimes hot chocolate. I take chewable vitamins and calcium because I don't think the other kind were staying in my system long enough to do any good.

I was hesitant to mention this to my rheumatologist because I just don't want to add any more pills to my daily pile of 'em!

Thanks for your good advice, and God bless you always for all you do for others :flowerforyou: .

Marti in KY
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    You're welcome, you may need more H20. But definitely mention it to you doc, you calves actually insert behind the knee (2 joint muscle) so it's still the proximal part of the calf that's cramping.

God bless and keep me updated.