Anyone tried Leslie Sansone's Walk at home videos?

Options
I bought her "Walk Slim - Fast & Firm - 4 Really Big Miles" video the other night. I haven't tried it yet, but am planning on doing it today.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done them and did you lose any weight doing them? If so, how much?

Replies

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have one of her dvds, they work if you use them basically, a great way to start your fitness plan. You won't be sore or anything but you will sweat and burn calories. Good luck to you.
  • mrstrouty
    mrstrouty Posts: 15
    Options
    I love her workouts !!!! I've been doing them for 2 months now. I especially love the 5mi fat burning video. You definately lose weight and tone up nicely doing her videos. I've lost 12 lbs so far using her videos plus mfp.
  • mkschmidt1
    mkschmidt1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have it... I've done it a few times... I like it ok. Its a little cheesy... but it goes pretty quick. It did kick my butt though! I'm gonna keep using it!
  • MARYROSEF
    Options
    yes they are great!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I used them a year or two ago and lost about 7lbs doing them! It is a little silly but they do work.
  • martita849
    martita849 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of her workout videos. I have used them in past quiet often. You do get a good workout; however journaling is as important as working out. It goes hand in hand. I alternate between the gym and videos. Nothing beats a workout at the gym.
  • Monica_1913
    Monica_1913 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I initially tried the Leslie Sansone 2 miler on u-verse on demand. I believe it's also on the web site exercisetv.tv.

I love it!! I bought the 5 mile walk dvd at Walmart. I can't say how much I've lost doing the walk at home because I've tried a combo of workouts including 30DS, Wii, C25k and just walking/jogging in my neighborhood.

I started my journey Jan 3, and I'm down 30 pounds. I've learned that it really doesn't matter what you do, just move!

Good luck! :)
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do her Heart Walk videos on demand. I also do her 20 minute quickie cardio slimdown - I think that is what it is called. They work if you put in the effort!! Have fun :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I was using them till I got a new living room set and just didnt have the room anymore.I loved them they worked for me.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sasone's "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd. It has 3 workouts: 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile. Great way to start working out. Also, a fun alternative to walking on the treadmill. And a great way to get a "walk" in on rainy days.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I use them, love it when it is raining out and I can't walk outside. They get your heart rate up and you do sweat. I have lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks by watching what I eat and walking every day. They are really good if you have had back surgery previously ( I had back surgery when I was 24 yrs old), or any other type of illness or problem that restricts you from doing certain exercises. Good luck.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Compared to the Jillian Michaels DVDs they're like a walk in the park- but they still make me sweat and burn calories!! Especially the ones with the stretchie-band or 4 or 5 mile walks. Also, if you find you want an extra challenge just add some weights!

I alternate daily with Jillian's DVDs and Leslie's so I can't tell you exactly how much I've lost with just Leslie's- but they do work.
  • nnf5angels
    Options
    i have one of her videos....not sure which one but i really love it actually! good luck :)
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I just finished doing one of her 1 mile express workouts and I love her! I have a few I got from the library! I love that you can do anywhere from 1 mile to 5 miles and really get a nice sweat going!
  • TeraMarieD
    Options
    I use them on days that I don't feel like working out. They seem harmelss, but before you know it your are sweating. I have lost 13 lbs in 30 days usung these, Piloxing, and my treadmill.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I have a couple of her dvd's and they do work; even my husband works out with me and he has lost 15 pounds since beginning of March; I have now lost a total of almost 8 pounds in the same time and it is from changing my eating habits, working out with her almost every day (sometimes twice a day) and using the elliptical as well. Can't say specifically how much weight loss is from her alone, but as others have said, you can lose weight if you work with it. some are just straight walking and some she uses the weighted balls (2 lb balls) but we use a set of 3 lb (me) and 5 lb (hubby) hand weights and it is a work out. We are in a mobile home park with no real safe place to get out and walk unless we have money to hit the parks and have no access to gyms. bottom line pretty much is you will get out of it what you are willing to put into it :-)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have 3 of her dvds. My favorite is her 5 mile fat burning. I don't go to a gym since I have little ones and it's more convenient to sweat it at home.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I had her walk diet DVDs and my mom and I swear by them. They give yo ua great workout. Me being very out of shape her 1 mile kicks my *kitten*! But they work wonders and it is more than just walking in place, you do knee lifts, kicks, and side steps. I recommend the DVDs, they are great for when you cannot get outside to walk , due to the weather!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I found her 1,2 and 3 mile heart smart start walking workout, at exercise tv for cable on demand. I enjoyed them so much that I bought them to use when I am away and not near a tv. I can put them in my laptop and view them on the go. I am really out of shape but found the 1 mile walk to be very easy even for me, it is nice for a warm up and is a great start to the day just to get the blood pumping and feeling good about moving in general, you would have to do it twice in a row to be a cardio workout. The 2 mile walk is perfect for cardio especially if your short on time you can get your 30 mins in at a brisk pace. The 3 mile is about 45 mins and will get your heart rate really up there if you make sure you do as she is instructing you as with any exercise its all in your effort you put into the movements. Lifting your arms when she says I contract my muscles with each movement to make sure its not just a soft lift its working something. Really engaging your muscle with each movement is key.

I wasnt in the mood to workout last night so figured I would do something light and put in the the 20 min/ 1 mile walk and felt so energize and good about myself by the time it was done I went right on into the 3 mile / 50 min walk and had worked up a good sweat! I feel it this morning, thighs and obliques are defininately worked out they burn just a little today which is good. I also do a 30 min stretching video AM PM Stretch it is great for adding flexibility and a upper/lower body weight training video (petra kolber step by step strength training dvd is good as is kathy smith lift weights to lose weight has 2 dvds in it and works the whole body. I like to mix it up using the videos, then going outisde on nice days for bicycle rides , long walks or soon hopefully swimming if summer comes lol. Keep it fresh and you will keep it up. Stay away from routine the body learns them and you wont lose as fast, mxing it up is good. Hope this helps.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have a few of her dvd's and keep addin them to my collection. I have not mastered 5 miles yet on the 5 mile dvd lol, I have
    gotten as far as the 3 miles on it. Too many of the same moves. Does anyone know how we should logg them in the exercise
    to get the best numbers?