Pizza? Really?

Options
13»

Replies

• mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    My first thought is.... Why can't you eat it? Unless you're someone who can't limit themselves to one or two slices, I personally believe that denying yourself is pointless and ends up backfiring. If you make room for it in your daily intake (keep other sodium and carbs down, do some exercise for extra cals, etc), there's no reason not to have some, IMO.

That said, if you're determined not to have any, then fill up on good stuff - lots of lean protein, good fats and good carbs. Nutrient density will help control the cravings. Also, drink plenty of water.
    Tollaty agree, I was thinking the same thing.
  • Rocknsynchrogrl
    Options
    My husband is kind of the same way. He appreciates my want to be fit and healthy but he can't stand when I start counting and opting out of certain foods. He thinks I'm being ridiculous and he always just tell me that I just need to work out harder. Knowing my body, that just doesn't work for me. Probably not the answer you want but I just try to stick to small portions when he orders something like pizza and maybe eat a salad with it and just plan my workouts and other meals around it.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I told my husband on Thursday... "If you bring Little Ceasars into this house I will kick you in the head and throw the pizza into the front yard". It seemed to deter him from that particular choice.

Hee hee. That wouldn't bother me! I have no trouble a-tall passing up Little Caesar's pizza! Ew!

Papa John's or Donato's, now...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have half a DiGiorno about once a week. If I get a big calorie burn that day, it fits in my calories. Kills the sodium, but one day isn't going to make that big a difference.