MFP RUNNER'S CLUB 8/10

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Morning my sunshines!!

I'm just having my java and thinking about what route I want to take for my run today ....takin' my boy w/ me....he's bored already and its only 7 am LOL great...that's a GOOD sign huh...NOT! lol

well I think I"ll be doing 4 miles today and I've decided I want to do the Tufts 10k in October....and amazing run for women....anyone in the area who likes to run want to join me????

I need to step up my game abit, but I am almost at 5 miles now so by October I'll be okay....any suggestions?

hope all your days are rockin....like you all!:glasses: :drinker:
HUGS!
Ali :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    Morning my sunshines!!

I'm just having my java and thinking about what route I want to take for my run today ....takin' my boy w/ me....he's bored already and its only 7 am LOL great...that's a GOOD sign huh...NOT! lol

well I think I"ll be doing 4 miles today and I've decided I want to do the Tufts 10k in October....and amazing run for women....anyone in the area who likes to run want to join me????

I need to step up my game abit, but I am almost at 5 miles now so by October I'll be okay....any suggestions?

hope all your days are rockin....like you all!:glasses: :drinker:
    HUGS!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, I ran on friday, and yesterday I just did some step aerobics and yoga (kind of an off day for me), and today I just did my warm up 15 minutes of yoga because I have a double header in baseball. So no running for me today either. This is becoming my regular pattern (although on saturdays sometimes I'll run if I don't have 2 games on sunday). I don't mind it at all. Good luck to everyone out there today.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Since I got my long run in yesterday, I think I'll take a rest day today.

Ali, enjoy your run with your son! You are so lucky to have nice weather. It has been storming here almost all summer! Very crappy. :frown:
    I would try adding a few minutes to each of your runs. That should help increase your endurance and before you know it, you'll be running your 10k!

Banks, I must have missed your post on your 5k. How did it go, did you beat your time?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 10 miles today! First time ever running 10 miles.

I had a great run. It drizzled briefly around mile 7.

Enjoy your walk, run, or rest day
    -Kechie.
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    Wow you guys are up bright and early...

Again I had to walk because of my sore muscle. I got on the treadmill and did 80 min at a brisk pace. and an incline of 4.0 That brings up a quiestion that I have. The treadmill said that I burned 892 calories and when I enterd my walk on MFP it said that I only burned 361 calories. Why do these two numbers vary that much? I know that MFP does not take into account the 4.0 incline but still... I was thinking about taking an average and using that. What do you think? I can't wait until I get my HRM--it should be here sometime next week.

Have a great Sunday!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

-Kechie.

WOOT-WOOT!!!!!! :drinker:

Great job, Kechie!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Rest day (week) for me! :tongue:

Ali - you can so do a 10k by October. Just gradually build up your mileage & you'll get there in no time. If you can do 5 now, 6.2 is very doable in a couple months! Go for it, babe!! :flowerforyou:

Fitmom - I'd say using the average would be best. Nice going on your 80 minutes! :drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today I'm doing cross training (weight lifting and elliptical).

Way to go on your long run Kechie! It's kind of drizzly here too.

Have a happy Sunday runners.:flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Great job, Kechie!!!!
    I got in 8 miles today. I was disappointed though. My friend wanted me to run her 2 hours with her, she's doing a marathon in Oct and needed a long run. We were suppose to start at 6, but she texted at 5:30 and said that she wasn't going to make it. :grumble: Since I didn't need a long run, I just ran 8.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ali,

Good luck on your 10K. If you google 10K training, there are all kinds of programs you can use as a guide. I found one for training for the half marathon that only had me running 3 times per week with cross-training days in between. There's all kinds from beginners to advanced. Since you're already up to 5 miles, you could pick a program and start in the middle, wherever it feels right for you, or count backwards from your race date the number of weeks you have left. Again, good luck on the training!:flowerforyou:

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Great job, Kechie!!!!
    I got in 8 miles today. I was disappointed though. My friend wanted me to run her 2 hours with her, she's doing a marathon in Oct and needed a long run. We were suppose to start at 6, but she texted at 5:30 and said that she wasn't going to make it. :grumble: Since I didn't need a long run, I just ran 8.

It amazes me how our perspectives change over time. areay did not need a long run so she JUST ran 8! I ran 3 miles this morning. I remember when 3 was a struggle. Now it is easy. Just what I needed to wake me up and get my day started.

We have Terry and Shannon kicking butt on half marathons and Mireille well on her way. Kechie is consistently pounding out the mileage and God only knows what Tricia might be up to with her abundant energy.

The point I am trying to make is that with a little consistent effort we can reach our goals. With running our goals just keep changing. At first 1 mile may be tough, but a year from now 8 may not be a long run.

Keep up the great efforts everyone and thanks for helping to motivate me each and every day.

JD
  • ali106
    Options

-Kechie.

woot woot woot!!! you're amazing girl....you fit right in w/ our all stars here!...wow! 10 miles that rocks!

Mireille...thanks girl...that's my plan!

JD...wow morning run to wake you up...LOL...I can't wait for it to feel like that for me again! lol woot!

Shannon....still in your awe from your 1/2 girl!!!:drinker:

Terry...thanks so much hon....I have done two 10ks and two 1/2 marathons while training for my marathon and actually 3 10ks...one a few years back....I can't believe it used to be so easy for me...ah well....I'll get there! lol

areay you always amaze me girl!!! you are a machine chica!!!:drinker:

well sorry if I missed anyone...but the boy is now ready for the pool....lol...

OH I ran 4 miles walked 1....it was a scorcher and I went a route w/ even worse hills....am I a sadist...sometimes I wonder LMBO!

have a great day all!!! And thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm sooo doing the 10k! woot
    hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options
    banksie and fitmom I knew I forgot someone....sorry!!!

banks, I think you know what your body needs and you are amazin....as always bro!!!

fitmom...80 mins at 4 is really awesome...talk about burning fat girl!!! hugs!

later!!!:flowerforyou:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options

-Kechie.

You are my HERO today!! NIce work!! I am going to try for 10 tomorrow morning...was going to try this morning, but woke up WAY too late with my 6 year old begging for Sunday morning pancakes and eggs...how can you say no to that!

WAY TO GO KECHIE!!!

Happy Runing and Resting!

Ali
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This Club is so inspirational. Keeping me chugging along!
    Okay so today was 4.5 not too bad.. had to stop in the middle for a pee break :grumble: -- uggh hate that. Anyway -- Happy trails!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Fitmom - the difference really is the incline.. BIG difference. I would probably do the treadmills if you input your weight and stuff. Otherwise see if self.com has that type of exercise or if there is another one.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Great job, Kechie!!!!

It amazes me how our perspectives change over time. areay did not need a long run so she JUST ran 8! I ran 3 miles this morning. I remember when 3 was a struggle. Now it is easy. Just what I needed to wake me up and get my day started.

We have Terry and Shannon kicking butt on half marathons and Mireille well on her way. Kechie is consistently pounding out the mileage and God only knows what Tricia might be up to with her abundant energy.

The point I am trying to make is that with a little consistent effort we can reach our goals. With running our goals just keep changing. At first 1 mile may be tough, but a year from now 8 may not be a long run.

Keep up the great efforts everyone and thanks for helping to motivate me each and every day.

JD

Thank you JD for such a well-written, positive, motiviating message. We, too, are continuously inspired by your amazing recovery and quest for beating the demons that led to your unfortunate health issues.

I know that my personal acheivements are due to the daily affirmations/inspirations/feeback/encouragment I receive here at MFP (and my competitive nature has a tiny bit to do with it too!:wink: )

With that being said, I ran 10 miles yesterday in 1:33!! That is something that just 6 months ago was completely out of the realm of possibilities in my head. Thanks to everyone here, I did it, I loved, it wasn't hard and I don't feel the least bit of pain today.

hugs to all my wonderfully awesome MFP Running pals!
    Tricia
  • pmkelly409
    Options

-Kechie.

YIPEE!! Nice going girl!!! YIPEE!!!! don'cha feel great?!

I don't know about down by you but we have had no humidity this weekend, it was awesome running weather!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    OH FORGOT TO SAY!!

WAY TO GO ON YOUR 1/2 SHANNON!!!!!

What do you like best for your cheering section? the bananas? Banane21.gif

the cheerleader? 19.gif

or the dance party? za4.gif

oh, you know what? you deserve all three!!

Banane21.gif19.gifza4.gifBanane21.gif19.gifza4.gifBanane21.gif19.gifza4.gif

Sorry your sneakers are treating you badly! I told you to get the ASICS!! :wink: